Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    What's your point?

Are you implying that Trump did leak the information to help Russia, but this is good?
    I am implying we do not know.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I am implying we do not know.
    We don't know with certainty (never do about anything going on behind closed doors in government), but we can make educated guesses.

Or we can TrumpHump.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We don't know with certainty (never do about anything going on behind closed doors in government), but we can make educated guesses.

Or we can TrumpHump.
    Or we can make emotional guesses and blow our own credibility, "can't you find something really wrong Trump has done to criticize" is what Dump's supporters are all saying when they hear this.

I have before and will again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"can't you find something really wrong Trump has done to criticize" is what Dump's supporters are all saying when they hear this.
    Dump's supporters must have missed the many threads about his horrible healthcare bill, his horrible spending bill, his bombing of Assad, etc, etc.

...not to mention the near infinite number of threads dealing with his horrible policy stances prior to taking office.

Must we tattoo this on the inside of your eyelids or what?

Dump's supporters must have missed the many threads about his horrible healthcare bill, his horrible spending bill, his bombing of Assad, etc, etc.
    Short attention spans.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump Aides Race to Contain Fallout From Report on Disclosure

President Donald Trump’s top foreign policy advisers raced to contain political damage from a report that he revealed sensitive classified information to Russia’s top diplomat during a White House meeting last week.

The president, already fending off questions about his firing of FBI Director James Comey amid an investigation of possible collusion by Trump associates in Russian interference with the U.S. election, faced a new controversy after the Washington Post reported that the president revealed to Russia’s foreign minister and ambassador closely held intelligence from a U.S. intelligence partner about an Islamic State plot.

The White House released statements from Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster pushing back against the idea that Trump disclosed sensitive information.

“During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations,” Tillerson said in the statement. McMaster said, “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

According to the Post, the intelligence involved information about an Islamic State plot to use laptop computers as possible weapons aboard commercial aircraft and had been provided by a U.S. ally with access to the inner workings of the terrorist group. The newspaper cited unnamed current and former U.S. officials.

The information was held by the U.S. at one of the highest classification levels that would typically prevent it from being shared even with allies, according to the Post. While Trump didn’t reveal the specific methods that developed the information, he described elements of a specific plot and the city in Islamic State’s territory where the threat was detected, the Post said.

That specific information would be enough to jeopardize the sources, according to the intelligence official cited by the Post.

The revelation may have additional impact for Trump because during his campaign against Democrat Hillary Clinton in the fall he repeatedly assailed her “careless” use of a private email system while secretary of state, a practice he argued could have exposed classified information. He claimed that made her unfit for the presidency. Surrogates at his campaign rallies led chants of “Lock Her Up.”

Top lawmakers of both parties, while saying they weren’t able to confirm or deny the substance of the report, said it raised new questions about the administration.

“The White House has got to do something soon to bring itself under control and in order,” Republican Senator Bob Corker, who is chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, told reporters at the Capitol. “Obviously they’re in a downward spiral right now and they’ve got to figure out a way to come to grips with all that’s happening.”

Senator Jack Reed, the ranking Democrat on the Armed Services panel, said sharing information without the permission of a foreign intelligence partner “violates a cardinal rule” of dealing with friendly agencies.

“If it’s accurate, it’s disturbing because it’s divulging information about operations in Syria which could be exploited not only by the Russians to interrupt intelligence operations that they feel are threatening to them,” Reed said.

The intelligence involved may be behind the U.S. announcement on March 21 that electronic devices larger than smartphones would be banned from cabins on flights originating from 10 airports in the Middle East and Africa. The Department of Homeland Security has been considering expanding the restriction to flights from Europe.

The president has broad authority to declassify information so it’s not likely he broke the law, according to the Post, even though he shared it with a U.S. adversary.

Trump met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak one day after firing Comey, who was leading an investigation into possible collusion between Trump associates and Russian agents trying to interfere with the U.S. presidential election.

Trump has denied any connection to Russia while also questioning the assessment of U.S. intelligence agencies that the government in Moscow directed a campaign of hacking and disinformation to disrupt the election.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-on-disclosure
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/sta...60248038715392

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/sta...60426049216512
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Short attention spans.
    Evidently

What's your point?

Are you implying that Trump did leak the information to help Russia, but this is good?
    Maybe it will help everybody in the entire world.

Or we can TrumpHump.
    lol, the mediahumpers are literally working to destroy the entire planet, Trumphumpers are just trying to stop that destruction from happening.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Maybe it will help everybody in the entire world.

lol, the mediahumpers are literally working to destroy the entire planet, Trumphumpers are just trying to stop that destruction from happening.
    Saving the world one droning and spending increase at a time

Saving the world one droning and spending increase at a time
    I was under the impression that Russia is trying to stop the war that OUR country started AND funded AND radicalized the opposition against Syria.

But hey, what do I know, I'm not following the mainstream media narrative so I must be in the dark

Maybe I should listen to the media that is owned by the billionaires that run the world like you

The world would be so much better if we just gave in to the deep state, right??
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://twitter.com/Gogo_Usagi/statu...62986227003392

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I was under the impression that Russia is trying to stop the war that OUR country started AND funded AND radicalized the opposition against Syria.
    That's right.

And Trump's trying to help them by...bombing Assad.

Like how he's trying to dismantle the MIC by increasing their funding.

And dethrone the bankers by putting them in charge of the Treasury Dept.

It's MAGArific to behold.

That's right.

And Trump's trying to help them by...bombing Assad.

Like how he's trying to dismantle the MIC by increasing their funding.

And dethrone the bankers by putting them in charge of the Treasury Dept.

It's MAGArific to behold.
    Ya see you are totally clueless as to what is actually going on in the long-game.

When Bush and Obama were in office, we had Wikileaks to verify and confirm breaches and lies.

Now we have unnamed "sources" reported by the Washington Neocon Post. If they are upset, maybe Trump casually said that Israel has nukes, as that is a great big secret, the bigliest.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/sta...71341129695232

This is just more fake news to cover up the real stuff Trump is doing. They put out fake $#@! like this and then all of his supporters eat it up like Trump is against the establishment. Look at the Western media hammering this guy with doublespeak of the same question over and over instead of actually showing the news they try to create it by intentionally trying to mix up the translations and make him mis speak.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...19266317615105

The mainstream RPF political panel strikes again. The same media sources that did everything they could to stop Ron Paul in 2008/2012 and countless other outside the box politicians making 3rd party runs are given a triumphant nod and regurgitated here as if it's a source of news we can trust, because hey, they are doing everything they can to take down Trump. They must be our ally. They couldn't possibly be doing it to serve their own self interests, to serve their friends, to serve their rulers, to get us to align our thought with theirs. It's likely every president we have had broke protocol and jeopardized the illusion of national security by speaking with members of other countries about this. Nothing new here, although since this meets the precise narrative they have been pushing like crazy, that their is collusion, I'm having a hard time believing it. But that's not the point here.

Trump is a buffoon and is making most of it up as he goes. Let that be clear. He may do some good, he may do some bad, he is the president, it's a guarantee due to the office he holds and the power that is held therein, and it's probably based on self interest or self promotion with him, honestly nobody knows for sure or to what degree, we just know it's another ruler imposing his will on the people unconstitutionally in just about every action that is taken.

And yet, Ron Paul is able to attack Trump nearly every day on these unconstitutional based points and he does it without relying on msm faux news that most red pilled libertarians and Anarcho capitalists would agree cannot be relied on for any semblance of truth. Why has this example not been followed when crap like this is posted? It has become unbearable to watch the same people post the same sources of info and it's not just that, it's the people that come in and basically defend these msm articles over and over again. This is why RPF has nearly become a ghost town comparatively to pre election numbers. Many think it's all about Trump, people lost their way, gave into him, promoted his efforts too much, etc, but the truth is it's the capitulation to the powers that be and their narrative, the same narrative we fought tooth and nail against for 2 election cycles, on this very platform, that drove everyone out. We have pro-trump people and anti-trump people, it feels like we are watching a live CNN panel, a contingent of full blown msm panel of party and corporate loyalists, that will repeat the same thing over and over again here. Who wants that? All the people that have left over the last couple years clearly didn't. Who wants to read this garbage when you can just turn on your basic cable news or go to any of their respective web sites. When you begin to use these guys to defeat your perceived political opponents, then you have lost, because you are working with an enemy of Liberty that has a record dating back at least 60 years in this country.

The greatest fault of the Trump people on this site or anywhere else may be that they have been mislead and put too much faith into something that was never proven to be real. Alright. The greatest fault of the people here attacking Trump using these articles is you are following proven haters of Liberty and proven soulless prostitutes that continue to do their masters bidding, tout the party line, instill continual fear in the minds of citizens, and ensure that everyone and every topic is fragmented, black and white, you vs them. Take your pick on which one is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    The mainstream RPF political panel strikes again. The same media sources that did everything they could to stop Ron Paul in 2008/2012 and countless other outside the box politicians making 3rd party runs are given a triumphant nod and regurgitated here as if it's a source of news we can trust, because hey, they are doing everything they can to take down Trump. They must be our ally. They couldn't possibly be doing it to serve their own self interests, to serve their friends, to serve their rulers, to get us to align our thought with theirs. It's likely every president we have had broke protocol and jeopardized the illusion of national security by speaking with members of other countries about this. Nothing new here, although since this meets the precise narrative they have been pushing like crazy, that their is collusion, I'm having a hard time believing it. But that's not the point here.

Trump is a buffoon and is making most of it up as he goes. Let that be clear. He may do some good, he may do some bad, he is the president, it's a guarantee due to the office he holds and the power that is held therein, and it's probably based on self interest or self promotion with him, honestly nobody knows for sure or to what degree, we just know it's another ruler imposing his will on the people unconstitutionally in just about every action that is taken.

And yet, Ron Paul is able to attack Trump nearly every day on these unconstitutional based points and he does it without relying on msm faux news that most red pilled libertarians and Anarcho capitalists would agree cannot be relied on for any semblance of truth. Why has this example not been followed when crap like this is posted? It has become unbearable to watch the same people post the same sources of info and it's not just that, it's the people that come in and basically defend these msm articles over and over again. This is why RPF has nearly become a ghost town comparatively to pre election numbers. Many think it's all about Trump, people lost their way, gave into him, promoted his efforts too much, etc, but the truth is it's the capitulation to the powers that be and their narrative, the same narrative we fought tooth and nail against for 2 election cycles, on this very platform, that drove everyone out. We have pro-trump people and anti-trump people, it feels like we are watching a live CNN panel, a contingent of full blown msm panel of party and corporate loyalists, that will repeat the same thing over and over again here. Who wants that? All the people that have left over the last couple years clearly didn't. Who wants to read this garbage when you can just turn on your basic cable news or go to any of their respective web sites. When you begin to use these guys to defeat your perceived political opponents, then you have lost, because you are working with an enemy of Liberty that has a record dating back at least 60 years in this country.

The greatest fault of the Trump people on this site or anywhere else may be that they have been mislead and put too much faith into something that was never proven to be real. Alright. The greatest fault of the people here attacking Trump using these articles is you are following proven haters of Liberty and proven soulless prostitutes that continue to do their masters bidding, tout the party line, instill continual fear in the minds of citizens, and ensure that everyone and every topic is fragmented, black and white, you vs them. Take your pick on which one is worse.

Dead on.
    I'd say #2 has the edge on being worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is Trump going to kiss the ring?

— A diplomatic spat on Monday erupted between U.S. and Israeli officials, just days before a planned visit by President Donald Trump, after an American representative questioned Israel's claim to one of the holiest sites in Judaism.

Israel angrily demanded an explanation from the White House,

The spat reportedly erupted during preparations for Trump's visit, during which he is planning a stop at the Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City.
    There was no immediate comment from the White House.
    The Western Wall is revered as the holiest site where Jews can pray, and according to Channel 2 TV, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked to join Trump. The report said the Americans rebuffed the request, with one official telling the Israelis the site is "not your territory."

An official in Netanyahu's office said the U.S. comment was "received with astonishment" and that Israel had asked the White House for an explanation.
    "We are convinced that this remark is in contradiction to the policy of President Trump," the official said

We say we want to destroy ISIS. Russia says they want to destroy ISIS. Sharing information about how to destroy ISIS is a bad thing... how?

Quote Originally Posted by #FakeNews Media
    "The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said."
    It's so sensitive, nobody can say what it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by #FakeNews Media
    "What Trump did is abominable. Take our word for it!!
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

So WaPo, who was not there and did not bother to talk to anyne who was there, reports.

Considering WaPo's track record for reporting the most absurdly fake tabloid sensationalism (like Ron Paul and hundreds of libertarian sites are Russian agents) along with its openly partisan bent and perpetual cheer-leading for foreign interventions, reason dictates one must take anything WaPo says with a huge helping of healthy skepticism. WaPo has made it readily apparent that even Trumps interventionism is not interventionist enough for their likes. Such tabloidism serves only to distract from actual pressing issues.

Gateway calls out WaPo on four major fake news stories in just the past week.

Here's some additional tidbits:

Now a return to actual issues of importance until the next WaPo tabloid distraction.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 05-15-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reminds me of the time when they got their panties in a bunch when Snowden, leaked 'highly classified info."

Remember that?

The way I see it, if people are po'd about Trump, then work harder to get Rand elected next time. Right?

The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

Not too surprised considering that Trump sees Russia an ally in fight against ISIS terrorists and their "founding father" Obama.

That said, Trump should consider toning down his language a bit , he calls fakenews media "enemy of American public". He could have just called them "distortionists" in bed with DGP's masters.

Oddly, why neoconwing media did not do any complaining about Obama sharing intel with regimes that supported ISIS terrorists?

‘Gift from hell that keeps on giving’
    The Washington Times Thursday, September 12, 2013
    The latest came this week, in response to a report from British press that revealed the National Security Agency commonly provides Israel with intelligence data — without first stripping out private and personal information on American citizens. The Guardian in London reported the item, the latest in its coverage of document leaks from Edward Snowden.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast