Thread: Ron Paul: 'Republican or Democrat, the people lose’

Ron Paul: 'Republican or Democrat, the people lose’

Ron Paul on Monday argued that Democrats and Republicans are presenting everyday Americans with equally poor White House hopefuls.

“Republican or Democrat, the people lose,” he told host Stuart Varney on Fox Business Network’s “Varney & Co." "Nobody wins on this as they continue the same process of big government, spending, militarism and lack of privacy. It’s just different flavors of it, different styles of leadership.”

Paul argued that Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton’s long career in public service proves she is unfit for the Oval Office.

“She has a whole lot of bad ideas,” the former GOP lawmaker from Texas said. "[Clinton] is really very inept. I think Republicans in the House and Senate will curtail her. Every time she says something doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.”

Paul, a two-time Republican presidential candidate, offered a much bleaker assessment of current GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama every used them.

“I don’t believe that he’s that much of an outsider. When it comes to say troops in the Middle East, he’s not an outsider — he’s more hawkish than the insiders. I would say that he’s done a very good job fooling a lot of people in thinking that he’s completely on the outside.”

Paul additionally dismissed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Trump’s main GOP presidential primary rival, as a suitable alternative for voters unsatisfied with Trump’s campaign.

“Cruz is strictly send in the troops and carpet-bomb anybody who sneezes at us. He’s easy to figure out and up-front about his militarism."
    video:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...he-people-lose
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If only there were a liberty candidate in the race, Ron. Any idea why there isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    If only there were a liberty candidate in the race, Ron. Any idea why there isn't?
    Apparently, liberty is not popular.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Funny, it was looking awfully popular in 2012. What happened?

Single issue voters happened.

Partly because we couldn't even get all the Libertarians and Constitutionalists united behind a single candidate.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    this

Well, Rand dropped out after the first primary in 2016.

Oddly, he had the ky gop change the primary system just so he could run.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope this is a misquote of Dr. Paul. I have been an avid follower of the good Doctor since 1988 and before. I have always, with one exception, voted a straight Libertarian ticket in national and local elections. If there weren't any Libertarians I didn't vote for that office.

It disturbs me that Dr. Paul claims Donald Trump controls the media. The media has been demonstrating that nothing could be further from the truth. Dr. Paul knows from experience how corrupt the media is when reporting about anti-Establishment politician

As for issuing executive orders that's how he will have to reverse, nullify, and annul Obama's EOs and scores of other EOs of previous presidents. Trump has already stated that he will undo Obama's executive orders when he's in office.

He's on record several times saying that he will appoint originalists to the federal bench and the supreme Court. He is also on record as favoring a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader-Ron View Post
    I hope this is a misquote of Dr. Paul. I have been an avid follower of the good Doctor since 1988 and before. I have always, with one exception, voted a straight Libertarian ticket in national and local elections. If there weren't any Libertarians I didn't vote for that office.

It disturbs me that Dr. Paul claims Donald Trump controls the media. The media has been demonstrating that nothing could be further from the truth. Dr. Paul knows from experience how corrupt the media is when reporting about anti-Establishment politician

As for issuing executive orders that's how he will have to reverse, nullify, and annul Obama's EOs and scores of other EOs of previous presidents. Trump has already stated that he will undo Obama's executive orders when he's in office.

He's on record several times saying that he will appoint originalists to the federal bench and the supreme Court. He is also on record as favoring a non-interventionist foreign policy.
    Well Trump has said a lot of things...

Quote Originally Posted by Trader-Ron View Post

RP knows what he is talking about.

Trump is in the news 24/7. Negative news doesn't matter- for many it makes him look better- just read the forum to see how that works.

Ron Paul was actually ignored- he was: He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
    There is no spoon.