Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The GOP Should Shun Laura Loomer

The GOP Should Shun Laura Loomer

The far-right gadfly palled around with Richard Spencer and said she hoped immigrants would die.
    Robby Soave | 8.19.2020

Laura Loomer, the far-right gadfly and conspiracy theorist, has prevailed in her bid to become the Republican Party's candidate for Florida's 21st Congressional District. She will face incumbent Rep. Lois Frankel, a Democrat, in the general election.

The district is heavily Democratic, and any Republican would be unlikely to win. The GOP can't stop people from trying. Moreover, it can't prevent insane racists like Loomer from pursuing elected office under the auspices of the Republican Party.

But Republican officials don't need to openly embrace such people either. Unfortunately, both Rep. Matt Gaetz (R–Fla.)—a rising star in the GOP with an increasingly large public profile—and President Donald Trump have expressed support for Loomer. Gaetz even endorsed her during the primary, when the GOP technically had other options.

This is embarrassing because Loomer is a lunatic. She previously said that someone should create a "non Islamic" version of Uber so that she could avoid giving money to immigrant drivers. She celebrated the deaths of 2,000 migrants and expressed hope that more would die. She went to Parkland, Florida, on behalf of InfoWars to spread misinformation about the 2018 mass shooting, and also teamed up with far-right grifter Jacob Wohl.

She even posed for a picture with alt-right leader Richard Spencer in Washington, D.C., on January 19, 2017. Spencer's views were already well-understood by the public at that time, and Loomer's caption on the picture makes it clear that she knows exactly who he is.
    More: https://reason.com/2020/08/19/laura-...-racism-house/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bill Kristol agrees...

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/stat...00395937300482
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Reason Magazine has become a joke.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    When Bill Kristol is against you, I think there is a good chance you are on the right track.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

When they did the Unite the Right rally, Laura was invited and planned to go but was unaware of who was running it. When she was informed of who was running it and people like Richard Spencer were involved, she obviously decided to cancel her trip.

Richard Spencer sent out a tweet 3 years ago with her picture and the caption they are referring to in the article.. what kind of attention does Richard Spencer get on the tweet after 3 YEARS!?

Retweets and comments
    Almost zero. This guy is a nobody, a loser, and a Federal agent. I have no idea what the backstory is on the Richard Spencer tweet, but it would have been nice to get her response on it before publishing the article.

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/...25577153318913
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    When Bill Kristol is against you, I think there is a good chance you are on the right track.
    LOL, I was wondering from which direction this was coming...

Then I saw (T)Reason mag and Bill Kristol.

Question answered.

I used to live there, she's got almost zero chance of winning in that district, but now, I'm inclined to toss $20 into her fund.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

The Marxist's candidates are outside people's houses threatening to kill them.

Their party embraces and supports them.

And they win.

It's long past time for "us" to stop playing nice, as our enemies coalesce into a mighty force to destroy us.

Let me put it another way...I hope she wins her race, and I don't give if $#@! if she's blowing David Duke, on the side.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

And they win.

It's long past time for "us" to stop playing nice, as our enemies coalesce into a mighty force to destroy us.

Let me put it another way...I hope she wins her race, and I don't give if $#@! if she's blowing David Duke, on the side.
    She's Jewish.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    She's Jewish.
    Well, now...there's two reasons that won't be happening.

There’s almost nothing about her views on her website. No foreign policy or economic policies along with a variety of others.

The GOP should do a lot of things...

But the reality is that the party is a national leftist party and people like this Loomer are much more at home in it that we are.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The GOP should do a lot of things...

But the reality is that the party is a national leftist party and people like this Loomer are much more at home in it that we are.
    WE (freedom loving people) are much more at home in it NOW than we have ever been.

She comes across like the male version of GOP neocons (youth wing) rising star Ben Shapiro who had declared Obama 'jew hater' because he apparently thought Obama wasn't going after Iran, Syria etc strongly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The far-right gadfly palled around with Richard Spencer and said she hoped immigrants would die.
    Robby Soave | 8.19.2020
    Looks like she was already shunned, was kicked out from recent CPAC if recall right. But if she started polling well, could get support from GOP-Adelson wing neoconservatives like Rubio and others. Possibly even from Trump as Loomer could play a key part in Trump's global campaign against anti-semitism also.

But her above emotional rant seems tad bit hypocritical considering that she at the same time apparently strongly supports one of the biggest immigration experiments in modern history.

Would be very interesting to see a debate between Loomer and Dems rising Tlaib on this issue:

Marco Rubio Blasts Rashida Tlaib's Dual Loyalty Suggestion: 'Typical Anti-Semitic Line'
    January 7, 2019
    Tlaib stepped in it again over the weekend when she suggested in a tweet that several U.S. senators have dual loyalties to both the United States and Israel.
    Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and the American Jewish Committee on Monday pushed back at Tlaib, decrying her statement as "outrageous" and "anti-Semitic."
    The bill empowers "state and local governments in the United States to counter the anti-Israel boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement’s discriminatory economic warfare against the Jewish state," a press release on Senator Rubio's website says.

"They forgot what country they represent," Tlaib, a Palestinian American, wrote on Twitter Sunday. "This is the U.S. where boycotting is a right & part of our historical fight for freedom & equality."
    They forgot what country they represent. This is the U.S. where boycotting is a right & part of our historical fight for freedom & equality. Maybe a refresher on our U.S. Constitution is in order, then get back to opening up our government instead of taking our rights away. https://t.co/KkmqjR58ZM
    — Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) January 7, 2019

This guy is a nobody, a loser, and a Federal agent. I have no idea what the backstory is on the Richard Spencer tweet, but it would have been nice to get her response on it before publishing the article.
    You really think taxpayers are paying for this guy's services??

Quote:
    White Nationalist leader Spencer who once said 'Hail Trump' now says he's playing a 'con game', 'like a crazy uncle who gives us nothing but tweets'...
    Video credit CNN:
    Video: White nationalist Spencer turns on Trump after racist tweets

Apparently she was banned on all social media and still won. That's pretty impressive.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Weren't we hating on Kristol some years ago?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Why would the gop shun loomer ? Do the dems shun AOC ? Doesnt look that way . She is a complete crackpot and poised to be the face of the party when pelosi is gone. Florida dems are as bad as other east coast dems , no chance of her winning but if she did , crazy or not would be an improvement over any dem house member .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Weren't we hating on Kristol some years ago?
    Did anyone stop?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Why would the gop shun loomer ? Do the dems shun AOC ? Doesnt look that way . She is a complete crackpot and poised to be the face of the party when pelosi is gone. Florida dems are as bad as other east coast dems , no chance of her winning but if she did , crazy or not would be an improvement over any dem house member .
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I looked at her website and her issues section is so lacking. I will be waiting for some beefing up on the section to really convince me. She is also a loon and an uber Zionist which makes me wonder why the neocons are not going crazy about her. I dunno why people are getting confused about her. Ask yourself, would be support her if Kristol supported her? The answer should be the same regardless of who was backing her. We dumb down the political discuss when one of the major factors we use to pick a candidate is who opposes said candidate.

Like Oyarde says, she is the AOC of the republican party and as someone who doesn't wanna follow the DNC's footstep. I also do not want any part of her in the party. The GOP needs a house cleaning as opposed to filling it with junk.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Last edited by John-G; 08-19-2020 at 05:57 PM.

She's Jewish.
    Nazi's didn't let that stop them from scoring a Home Run.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ground...womens-bodies/

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Did anyone stop?
    LOL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

Loomer is basically a right wing AOC.

I just can't excuse some of her statements about immigrants and muslims. She went too far. I certainly support her right to say those things, but not her.

And they win.
    My first question for Robby after reading his article:

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1296161179891568640

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I looked at her website and her issues section is so lacking. I will be waiting for some beefing up on the section to really convince me. She is also a loon and an uber Zionist which makes me wonder why the neocons are not going crazy about her. I dunno why people are getting confused about her. Ask yourself, would be support her if Kristol supported her? The answer should be the same regardless of who was backing her. We dumb down the political discuss when one of the major factors we use to pick a candidate is who opposes said candidate.

Like Oyarde says, she is the AOC of the republican party and as someone who doesn't wanna follow the DNC's footstep. I also do not want any part of her in the party. The GOP needs a house cleaning as opposed to filling it with junk.

EM.

Just speculation, might be hard to sell to donors assuming this is not fakenews:

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/s...99296720236544

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    There’s almost nothing about her views on her website. No foreign policy or economic policies along with a variety of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post

Perhaps lucky for me, I know almost nothing about her. I am not suggesting that she should be supported, or opposed and kicked out of the GOP. She is probably better than her Democrat opponent though.

Some seem to be inferring that she is a teocon (neoconservative on foreign policy). She may be, as she avoids foreign policy. But Bill Kristol almost always supports neocons and teocons, so his opposition to her is somewhat telling, at least int that she isn't in Kristol's circle of allies (at this point). For example, Kristol loves teocons like Marco Rubio.

LOL, I was wondering from which direction this was coming...

Then I saw (T)Reason mag and Bill Kristol.

Question answered.

I used to live there, she's got almost zero chance of winning in that district, but now, I'm inclined to toss $20 into her fund.
    One thing to note from the article is the use of the terms "conspiracy theorist" and "racist". The first is a smear used by the establishment to cancel opposition, the second is a smear used to cancel opposition by Marxists.

Why would a "libertarian" source be using those tactics? Does this come from an establishment perspective, or Marxist? Perhaps virtue signalling to both?

That being said, the article is short on substance. No real detail about policy or issues. In essence, it is smears and insinuations about what she might be thinking. Is Loomer a thought criminal (another common Orwellian-Marxist attack)? Is she a racist because she opposed Islamic Marxism infiltrating America via people like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib?

The accusations are racism, conspiracy theories and thought crime, the proposed remedy is to "cancel" and silence. This sounds very familiar, but not from a "libertarian" source.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One thing to note from the article is the use of the terms "conspiracy theorist" and "racist". The first is a smear used by the establishment to cancel opposition, the second is a smear used to cancel opposition by Marxists.

Why would a "libertarian" source be using those tactics? Does this come from an establishment perspective, or Marxist? Perhaps virtue signalling to both?

That being said, the article is short on substance. No real detail about policy or issues. In essence, it is smears and insinuations about what she might be thinking. Is Loomer a thought criminal (another common Orwellian-Marxist attack)? Is she a racist because she opposed Islamic Marxism infiltrating America via people like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib?

The accusations are racism, conspiracy theories and thought crime, the proposed remedy is to "cancel" and silence. This sounds very familiar, but not from a "libertarian" source
    +rep

This is a good start:

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Hannity, Giuliani, Adelson also used to be on "do not call list' of many Libertarians/anti-interventionism folks during early Iraq freedom war era.
    + rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast