Thread: FDA backs move to make 'bespoke' condoms because the average size of 6.69 inches is TOO BIG fo

FDA backs move to make 'bespoke' condoms because the average size of 6.69 inches is TOO BIG fo

The FDA has been regulating condom size. Let that sink in for a minute.

FDA backs move to make 'bespoke' condoms because the average size of 6.69 inches is TOO BIG for American men so they keep slipping off

A company is making smaller 'bespoke' condoms for American men, since the average size of 6.69 inches is too big.

Recent CDC figures on condom use revealed just a third of single men use the rubber protection, and one of the most common reasons for non-users is that they 'slip off'.

Indeed, a study by Indiana University on almost 2,000 men revealed the average length is 5.57 inches - about an inch shorter than the standard condom size.

Now the Food and Drug Administration, which regulates health industry standards, has conceded that there is a need for smaller condoms in a desperate bid to lower the rates of sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

The agency has made a policy change to allow manufacturing companies to make condoms of all sizes.

In doing so, it has given the green light to myONE Perfect Fit, a custom brand of condoms made by Boston company Global Protection Corp, which has been lobbying for a change for more than seven years.

The standard condom is between 6.7 and 8.3 inches long, and around 4.1 inches in width.

Data collated by ONE Condoms found condoms only fit 12 percent of men. The rest have varying widths and lengths that are not catered to by the one-size-fits-all approach.

It sits in line with scientific research.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz4yEBtChAs
    Follow us: @MAIlOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The FDA has been regulating condom size. Let that sink in for a minute.
    Makes sense to me. Regulating condom size is probably one of the key things the founding fathers had in mind when they added the general welfare clause to the constitution
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Makes sense to me. Regulating condom size is probably one of the key things the founding fathers had in mind when they added the general welfare clause to the constitution
    LOL! Have a virtual rep... (since I can't rep you)

MAGA

I always thought they did this to sell more condoms. It's not like you can return it if it breaks its like the toothpaste at the bottom of the tube or telling people to rinse and repeat on the shampoo. Plus buying condoms gives me an ego boost. You can't put a price tag on self esteem when you buy magnums which don't really seem bigger they just seem designed better.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    LOL! Have a virtual rep... (since I can't rep you)
    I covered it.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Do I have to be the first to point out how stupid this story is? They keep talking about length as if it relates in any way to "slipping off". That would be a a factor of width, not length. Is there a complete loss of logic and practical thought in this nation?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I covered it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be fair, DGPcare may not have covered every form of contraception.

Now You Can Really Get Free Birth Control Under Obamacare
    time.com › Family Finance › Health Care
    May 11, 2015 - Now You Can Really Get Free Birth Control Under Obamacare ... (7) oral contraceptives (combined pill) ... (15) female condom (16) spermicide

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Do I have to be the first to point out how stupid this story is? They keep talking about length as if it relates in any way to "slipping off". That would be a a factor of width, not length. Is there a complete loss of logic and practical thought in this nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yes, width is important.

To account for variability, ONE Condoms offers 60 different dimensions, from 4.9 to 9.4 inches in length and from 3.5 to 5.0 inches in width.

I dunno why this is news, there have been condom manufacturers making different sized condoms both in length and girth for years. I got one type years back that just about strangled my member, it was like a cockring built into the condom.