Thread: Gitmo should only be used for politicians who violate the Constitution

Gitmo should only be used for politicians who violate the Constitution

Esp when the justice system absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence.

It should never be used for private citizens under any circumstances. But if you violate the Constitution, you are committing a crime that harms every American. It is the most heinous of crimes and gitmo should fit the crime.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dunno, enhanced questioning of any of our electable leaders would go against our way of life.

Money matters in a $cracy system; for example, even UN's ICC wing has tried as 'war criminals' only leaders of poor African countries and never touched any SWCs funded by deep peckets of globalist neocons.

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Gitmo should only be used for politicians who violate the Constitution

Esp when the justice system absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence.
    <*cognitive dissonance intensifies*>
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    <*cognitive dissonance intensifies*>
    What about using it as a deterrent? It would go like this:

Hypothetical President: You are going to face serious consequences if you don’t stop these lockdowns/arrest politicians for common crimes.

Corrupt politician: Hahaha, what are you going to do about it?

Hypothetical President: How would you like to spend some time in Gitmo?

Corrupt politician: Yea, like your generals will comply.

Hypothetical President: Who said I would contact my generals? I’ll just order a unit to do it and they will do it with pleasure. They love me, they hate you.

Corrupt politician: I’m going to continue with my lockdowns and my illegal server and there is nothing you can do about it.

Hypothetical President: (picks up cell phone
    to give
    Order to military unit)

Corrupt politician: Wait! Ok I’ll....

Hypothetical President: Good choice!

In federal district court-

Judge:How do you plead?

Corrupt politicians lawyer: Not guilty your honor.

Judge: Bail is set at...trial starts on...court is adjourned

What about using it as a deterrent? It would go like this:

Hypothetical President: You are going to face serious consequences if you don’t stop these lockdowns/arrest politicians for common crimes.

Corrupt politician: Hahaha, what are you going to do about it?

Hypothetical President: How would you like to spend some time in Gitmo?

Corrupt politician: Yea, like your generals will comply.

Hypothetical President: Who said I would contact my generals? I’ll just order a unit to do it and they will do it with pleasure. They love me, they hate you.

Corrupt politician: I’m going to continue with my lockdowns and my illegal server and there is nothing you can do about it.

Hypothetical President: (picks up cell phone
    to give
    Order to military unit)

Corrupt politician: Wait! Ok I’ll....

Hypothetical President: Good choice!

Still not seeing it. The system is not going to hold the system accountable.

If, as you stated things earlier, "the justice system absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence," then by what means shall "Gitmo [...] be used for politicians who violate the Constitution" ... ?

If "the justice system absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence," then how does the following ever happen?

Still not seeing it. The system is not going to hold the system accountable.

If, as you stated things earlier, "the justice system absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence," then by what means shall "Gitmo [...] be used for politicians who violate the Constitution" ... ?

If "the justice system absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence," then how does the following ever happen?
    They are terrified of going to gitmo themselves if they rubber stamp crimes by not having trials as what is done for anyone else.

They are terrified of going to gitmo themselves if they rubber stamp crimes by not having trials as what is done for anyone else.
    Terrified of whom? The system?

The very same system that you say "absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence?"

I rather think not.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Terrified of whom? The system?

The very same system that you say "absolutely refuses to even arrest and charge them for anything regardless of the evidence?"

I rather think not.
    You think a military soldier would defy the order to throw a corrupt politician to go to gitmo?

You think a military soldier would defy the order to throw a corrupt politician to go to gitmo?
    Ordered by whom? The system?

Again, I rather think not.

That's an idea I think everybody can get behind. Or close Gitmo and give it back to the Cubans.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ordered by whom? The system?

Again, I rather think not.
    Ordered by the President as the Commander in Chief. You do realize that Gitmo is under the military jurisdiction and not the department of justice?
    Last edited by dude58677; 10-20-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Ordered by the President as the Commander in Chief. You do realize that Gitmo is under the military jurisdiction and not the department of justice?
    Corrupt politician A orders military to jail corrupt politician B
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Ordered by the President to do what? Summarily toss people into black holes like Gitmo, just because POTUS says so?

I don't know what you think about Trump, but do you seriously want a President Biden (or President Harris) to have that kind of power?

Do you really imagine that is supposed to be some kind of improvement?

Ordered by the President to do what? Summarily toss people into black holes like Gitmo, just because POTUS says so?

I don't know what you think about Trump, but do you seriously want a President Biden (or President Harris) to have that kind of power?

Do you really imagine that is supposed to be some kind of improvement?
    You’re right. It would start bad precedent. Do you have any other ideas?

You’re right. It would start bad precedent.
    Not only would it be a bad precedent, but it would also be unconstitutional.

Any POTUS who tried this would be violating the Constitution.

Which means he would have to have himself thrown into Gitmo.

Which, of course, no POTUS would actually do.

So it wouldn't even work in theory, let alone in reality ...

Do you have any other ideas?
    The system is too big, too bloated and too broken. It can't be fixed

So just secede and let the separated parts start all over from scratch.

Some of them might manage to come up with something better - or at least something not as broken.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.