Thread: Ginseng or a rice filler? Major retailers sell fraudulent supplements

Ginseng or a rice filler? Major retailers sell fraudulent supplements

Ginseng or a rice filler? Major retailers sell fraudulent supplements

The New York State attorney general is cracking down on supplements sold at Target, Walmart, GNC, and Walgreens. A study found that four out of five supplements do not contain the ingredient on the label.

By Samantha Laine, Staff Writer February 3, 2015

• Charles Krupa/AP/File

View Caption

It may come as a shock to the tens of millions of Americans who buy herbal supplements to find out that their “ginseng” is nothing more than powdered garlic and rice.
    On Monday, the New York State attorney general’s office sent cease-and-desist letters to four major supplement retailers, including Target, GNC, Walgreens, and Walmart after discovering that four out of five tested supplement products did not contain any of the herbs on their labels. The New York Times reported that many of the "medicinal herb" pills contained little more than cheap fillers, such as powdered rice, asparagus, and houseplants.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...nt-supplements

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That sucks... those retailers should be taken out to the woodshed for not doing their own testing and verification/quality control.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

What make anyone think they would get anything less than this at major retailers. They buy the cheapest stuff they can get and mark it way up. I hate to say it but I think the net work marketers have the best supplements some health food stores have pretty good but a lot of them don't seem potent to me. I like the isotonic OPCs that Market America sells. It is great for building your immunity.

You will pay thru the nose most of the time for the good stuff like most things.

But, I think this article is pre-propoganda for the government to start pushing for more regulations. Which reminds me in before Zip and Angela