Thread: Jack Conway launches first commercial

Jack Conway launches first commercial

YouTube - Darn Good

These democratic policemen are proud to support their boss, whose record as a drug warrior keeps them employed.
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 08-30-2010 at 07:20 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's surprising that he actually ran a positive ad to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    He's going to let the media and third party groups take care of the attacks.

Better get used to this. It's going to be the Conway campaign theme, like Gitmo was for Grayson, for the rest of the election.

See: hXXp://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Conway-strategy-indicates-gains-on-drug-issue-101447389.html

And Conway's spokesman even brought it up when asked to respond to something completely unrelated (American Crossroads' ad against Conway):

http://www.whas11.com/community/blog...101524924.html

“After Rand Paul said the growing drug epidemic is not a 'real pressing issue,' he now needs a bailout from the very kind of establishment group he once railed against," said Conway spokeswoman Allison Haley, "But no amount of shadow funds can hide the fact that Rand Paul doesn’t understand the drug epidemic and doesn’t understand Kentucky.”
    Couple that with this being Conway's first commercial and it's obvious that the Conway campaign has some kind of focus group polling suggesting being tough on drugs and painting Paul as soft on drugs is the way to gain ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    YouTube - Darn Good

These democratic policemen are proud to support their boss, whose proud record as a drug warrior keeps them employed.
    Drug warriors are so lame!

Who the hell is advising Jack? WTF? No one cares about the drug war....
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Run right Jack.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

Time for a new BamaFan signature.

Jack Conway can't beat Rand Paul in 2010 or 1964, so he's trying to beat him in 1988. Little does he know, Rand is in the lead with a little 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I've been told (and it seems to be true) that the typical progression of ads is
    1. Start positive. Build a name/issues-base for your candidate
    2. Go negative. Attack the other candidate (from your base)
    3. Go back to positive. Make your candidate "the nice guy" in the last 2 weeks.

Rand's opponents had trouble implementing step #1 in the primary, so step #2 never worked for them. Looks like Jack is going to use the tried-and-true recipe in the general though.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Lol.... Is Conway trying to out-(neo)conservative Rand?
    Yes. It wasn't picked up by the media, but Conway sent out a press release calling Rand weak on terror for not being tough against Iran.

That was a very boring 30 second spot; also can't Con-way's people find any cops who aren't Caucasian especially in the our "politically correct-equality" era?... Do you think that was on purpose?
    I ask unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirt View Post
    That was a very boring 30 second spot; also can't Con-way's people find any cops who aren't Caucasian especially in the our "politically correct-equality" era?... Do you think that was on purpose?
    I wonder if there is an Afro-American sheriff in Kentucky?

I'm going to guess NO.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    YouTube - Darn Good

These democratic policemen are proud to support their boss, whose record as a drug warrior keeps them employed.

When are "conservatives" going to understand that the police organizations are a threat to their liberty as well?

Quote Originally Posted by thomas-in-ky View Post
    The NRA needs to endorse Rand now.
    That would be the ticket. What about the GOA? Even better..

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Lol.... Is Conway trying to out-(neo)conservative Rand?
    The issue of drug enforcement has absolutely nothing to do with being a "neo-conservative." That word is used so much that it's now completely meaningless.

Well, those who don't know what is going on will give Jack a plus with this endorsement. I generally would, myself.

However, it is ALL Conway has, and anyone interested in civil liberties seeing him push the drug war and internet clampdowns has to have concerns that these are his chosen calling cards.

Rand has to get out about not just Obamacare but the fillibuster and how that relates to cap and trade.

The irony being that Jack Conway uses a pot smoker to organize an event:
    http://capitalistbanner.com/2010/08/...ze-fundraiser/

Hypocrisy anyone?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Cool scott brown's initial ad is a morph of JFK into intrepid he! (hint!hint!hint to J.C!)

PAUL HODES--the wonky Democratic guy up in N.H who desires to sit in the senate in D.C has a wonderous ad
    that is not negative. the N.H chamber of commerse has an ad slamming paul hodes. quite clearly it is possible for
    senate candidates to run positive ads about themselves. dare i opine on bill binnie and how mass media he is?
    Last edited by Aratus; 08-30-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: dare SMILIN' JACK equate his KENTUCKY self to JFK or even TEDDY?