View Poll Results: Who's better? (votes public to weed out terrorists)

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stossel

92 54.44%
  • Penn and Teller

14 8.28%
  • Both are frickin' amazing

57 33.73%
  • Both are terrible

6 3.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stossel goes to Washington (With a Ron Paul mini-interview)

Cool Stossel goes to Washington (With a Ron Paul mini-interview)

Stossel Goes to Washington:
    Part 1 (of 3)
    Part 2 (of 3)
    Part 3 (of 3) <-- Dr. Paul at 12:40

John Stossel Interviews Dr. Ron Paul
    (Never aired) :
    Part 1 (of 6)
    Part 2 (of 6)
    Part 3 (of 6)
    Part 4 (of 6)
    Part 5 (of 6)
    Part 6 (of 6)

The War on Drugs
    Part 1 (of 6)
    Part 2 (of 6)
    Part 3 (of 6)
    Part 4 (of 6)
    Part 5 (of 6)
    Part 6 (of 6)

Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity (Not in the right order.)
    Part 1 (of 10)
    Part 2 (of 10)
    Part 3 (of 10) ???
    Part 4 (of 10)
    Part 5 (of 10)
    Part 6 (of 10)
    Part 7 (of 10)
    Part 8 (of 10)
    Part 9 (of 10) ???
    Part 10 (of 10)

Sick in America:
    Part 1 (of 6)
    Part 2 (of 6)
    Part 3 (of 6)
    Part 4 (of 6)
    Part 5 (of 6)
    Part 6 (of 6)

Greed:
    Part 1 (of 3)
    Part 2 (of 3)
    Part 3 (of 3)

Are We Scaring Ourselves To Death?:
    Part 1 (of 3)
    Part 2 (of 3)
    Part 3 (of 3)

Freeloaders With John Stossel:
    Part 1 (of 3)
    Part 2 (of 3)
    Part 3 (of 3)

IS America Number One?
    <--- Milton Friedman interviewed :
    Part 1 (of 3)
    Part 2 (of 3)
    Part 3 (of 3)

The Trouble With Lawyers

Part 1 (of 2)
    Part 2 (of 2)

Stupid in America:
    Part 1 (of 1)

Debate in School:
    Part 1 (of 1)

John Stossel: Why I Made the "In the Classroom" series":
    Part 1 (of 1)

John Stossel Interviews Drew Carey
    :
    Part 1 (of 1)

20/20 Segments:
    John Stossel Links Gun Control to Higher Crime Rates
    Global Warming? Really Bad?
    Myth: Corn Ethanol is Great

Misc:
    John Stossel interviews Free State Project Prez & Founder
    Sugar Daddies (Part 1 of ???)
    Pro Wrestling Part 1 (of 2) <-- Uncut Episode Where Shultz Assaults Stossel
    Pro Wrestling Part 2 (of 2) <-- Uncut Episode Where Shultz Assaults Stossel

And a poll because... Well... Why not?

Stossel in the Classroom 2007-2011! (31 MORE videos!)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    umm ok. Why was he pessimistic about Ron Paul? Why didn't he air the interview on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    umm ok. Why was he pessimistic about Ron Paul? Why didn't he air the interview on tv?
    I don't believe it was his decision not to air it. It was an excellent interview.

John Stossel, since he actually does some real research.

Some of what Penn and Teller say is correct and true, but they tend to sensationalize the other side as crazy, stupid, or whackjob (regardless of what the other side says)...not only that, but IMHO they're overly vulgar with their presentations...but that's just me...overall, I view them more as entertainment than people to rely on.

Stossel is more tactful, has written a couple of books and was chosen by Ron Paul to be a member on his cabinet, IIRC....so I think he's WAY better than P&T.

Stossel did some interview with a college kid I think, and he said he fought to get the Ron Paul interview aired but ultimately his bosses I think said it wasn't something that 20/20 viewers would be interested in.

I wouldn't be surprised if they air pieces from it for different future Stossel segments.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Might not have been his decision?

I just finished his book "Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity" and is a pretty good, easily read primer for anybody that is interested in libertarian views on mainstream topics. He even goes into problems with the media. I don't think he would've done the entire interview if he didn't think it was going to air but then again maybe he wanted to do the interview but ABC's stipulation was that it would only be available on the net...unfortunately a compromise Stossel probably had to make? But then again I'm not Stossel, you'd have to ask him yourself.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?compose&id=684025182

I'm still a little P/O`ed about P&T BS hit job on 9/11 truth...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    stossel is hero.
    Last edited by mediahasyou; 07-03-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Damn, "Is America Number One?" made me wanna move to Hong Kong.

John Stossel exposes liar Kevin Trudeau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5ihrECJms
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Both. Because I enjoy perspective from difference sources.

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    John Stossel exposes liar Kevin Trudeau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5ihrECJms
    LOL. I almost bought his book until I did research on him. I research every infomercial I come across. The only legitimate infomercial that I have seen is that kitchen garden thingy. It appears to be legit.

LOL. I almost bought his book until I did research on him. I research every infomercial I come across. The only legitimate infomercial that I have seen is that kitchen garden thingy. It appears to be legit.
    Kevin Trudeau is the worst of the worst. He's the only person ever banned from making infomericals by the FEC. (who I'm not, and I'm sure many others here, a fan of). At that point he switched from promoting products to writing books as books are protected by the first amendment. I'm not sure what this guy isn't an "expert" on. Since the 1990s he's told me he can

Make me a faster reader
    Make my pain go away with his special tape.
    Teach me how to make $10,000 a month with my mega memory
    Teach me how to calculate complex math problems in my head quickly
    Show me how to lose 30 pounds in 30 days
    Show me Natural Cures "they" don't want me to know about
    Show me Debt Cures "they" don't want me to know about

This is by no means a complete list. I'm sure there are other scams he has tried that I'm forgetting or haven't heard of

As Stossel points out, Trudeau slams drug companies and the FDA and would normally be liked by people like him and myself. However, he's just a scam artist and is playing off people's hatred of the drug industry. His cures are worthless
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    Kevin Trudeau is the worst of the worst. He's the only person ever banned from making infomericals by the FEC. (who I'm not, and I'm sure many others here, a fan of). At that point he switched from promoting products to writing books as books are protected by the first amendment. I'm not sure what this guy isn't an "expert" on. Since the 1990s he's told me he can

Make me a faster reader
    Make my pain go away with his special tape.
    Teach me how to make $10,000 a month with my mega memory
    Teach me how to calculate complex math problems in my head quickly
    Show me how to lose 30 pounds in 30 days
    Show me Natural Cures "they" don't want me to know about
    Show me Debt Cures "they" don't want me to know about

This is by no means a complete list. I'm sure there are other scams he has tried that I'm forgetting or haven't heard of

As Stossel points out, Trudeau slams drug companies and the FDA and would normally be liked by people like him and myself. However, he's just a scam artist and is playing off people's hatred of the drug industry. His cures are worthless
    How does he come up with stuff? Did he just copy them from sources in the library? And how do those scam artists create their own vitamins? Who is making it for them? I wonder.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does he come up with stuff? Did he just copy them from sources in the library? And how do those scam artists create their own vitamins? Who is making it for them? I wonder.
    I would imagine he uses a variety of "sources." I'm sure some of it he just makes up. It's really how he sells it that makes it such a scam. He really knows how to make a believer out of people. Here are some comments from a corresponding Stossel article

Quote Originally Posted by Trudeau cultists
    I believe Mr.Trudeau is, if not, 150% correct.

I believe that Kevin Trudeau is a very wise and strong man! I believe in what he is saying, it makes sense!

It's articles like these that are the very reason I believe in Kevin Trudeau.
    Of course, mosts of his cultists use straw man arguments that slam Kevin's detractors for getting on him for writing a book about living a healthy lifestyle. Nevermind the fact they are questioning his cures not his writing of a book about a healthy lifestyle.

Here's a comment on his "Debt Cures"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Jaffee, a columnist at CBS Market Watch
    Truth be told, most of the information [in the book]is readily available in personal finance columns you can find online or in books that are readily available in your local library.
    Are you talking about Don Lapre's "The Greatest Vitamin in the World?" I'm not sure who makes these vitamins, but Don Lapre is also a scam artist who could be known as Kevin Trudeau Jr.
    Here's a youtube of a Don Lapre spoof.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nns3He0qYJs

Kevin Trudeau reminds me of Steve Parent
    Edit: This should probably say Steve Parent reminds me of Kevin Trudeau, as I'm sure Steve goes to sleep at night dreaming of reaching the levels of "success" that Kevin has "achieved"
    Last edited by No1ButPaul08; 07-05-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Bump

Whoever tagged this with "bull" is going to die tonight

retarded poll lol
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

though that is a treasure of stossel stuff, so worth viewing!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I like both but i gave my vote to Stossel. Penn annoys me sometimes, he's too arrogant and i dont always agree with them, but i almost always do.

That being said... Stossel for the win.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty creepy. They talk about terrorism, about eight months before 9/11.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Stossel is better, but P&T are cool too.

Do you have "Is America #1?"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    IS America Number One? <--- Milton Friedman interviewed :

Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_LA View Post
    Do you have "Is America #1?"?
    Yup

thank you. good stuff.
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be. -Ron Paul (1984)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast