Thread: More Californians Choose To Register Without Political Party

More Californians Choose To Register Without Political Party

http://www.capradio.org/articles/201...litical-party/

There are now almost the same number of registered Republicans as "unaffiliated" voters in the state.

More than a quarter of California voters aren't registered in a political party, making independents the fastest growing share of voters in the state, according to state data released Thursday.

They're nipping closer at the heels of Republicans; that party now outpaces independents by just 30,000 voters.

"The Republicans aren't capturing the new California, and I think this is a result of especially the national party brand dragging down Republicans in California," Thad Kousser said, chair of the political science department at the University of California in San Diego.

Independent voters, who register as 'no party preference,' grew by about 1 million since April 2014 to roughly 4.73 million registered voters. Republicans, meanwhile, have 4.76 million voters, down by about 300,000 since 2014.

Democrats' 8.4 million voters make up the largest share of the California electorate, at 44 percent. The party's share of the vote has held steady, dipping on occasion. Between January and April of this year, for example, both Republicans and Democrats lost some voters as independents gained.

Even a slight slide is troubling news for Republicans, who risk coming out of the June 5 primary without a candidate on the ballot for U.S. Senate or governor, although their chances are better in the governor's race.

But the data does provide some good news for Republicans: They still outpace Democrats among registered voters in several key congressional districts. Democrats are targeting seven California U.S. House seats where Hillary Clinton won more votes than Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential race.

In the 48th District, where incumbent Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is seeking re-election, Republicans make up 40 percent of registered voters compared to Democrats, at 30 percent. In the 49th District, the seat being vacated by Rep. Darrell Issa, Republicans hold a 5-point edge. It's tighter in the 39th District, where Rep. Ed Royce is retiring, but Republicans still edge Democrats.
    In the Senate and Governor races, the top two vote getters from the primary go to the final ballot- even if they are in the same party. California Primary is June 5th this year.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-13-2018 at 07:22 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Democrats lost some voters
    The article should provide more details.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The article should provide more details.
    Try these.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Try these.
    The data contradicts the article because of a different time range. Anything covering 2017-2018 only?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The data contradicts the article because of a different time range. Anything covering 2017-2018 only?
    If you want to dig through the numbers: http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/repo...anuary-2-2018/

Kalifornia is ruled by a monolithic one party system of progressives, statists, Bolsheviks and communists.

This is news?

LOL @ the 139,620 libertarians.

Do you know what a stunning, immediate and overwhelming effect you would have if just half of you moved to NH and were politically active?

Why do you choose to remain where you are a hated and insignificant minority, your ideals, principles and liberties mocked and banned at all levels of state government, and the fruits of your labor extorted by government until your eyeballs bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Do you know what a stunning, immediate and overwhelming effect you would have if just half of you moved to NH and were politically active?

Why do you choose to remain where you are a hated and insignificant minority, your ideals, principles and liberties mocked and banned at all levels of state government, and the fruits of your labor extorted by government until your eyeballs bleed?
    Other states like Idaho would benefit as well, they should have left many years ago, even CALExit+CALSplit won't do much for the libertarians, the new state/s would be RINO or Average Republican at best.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Other states like Idaho would benefit as well, they should have left many years ago, even CALExit+CALSplit won't do much for the libertarians, the new state/s would be RINO or Average Republican at best.
    I would say I posted that only to ask, yet again, why anybody would put up with it.

But I know the answer already:

(a)nd accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

I would say I posted that only to ask, yet again, why anybody would put up with it.

But I know the answer already:

(a)nd accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
    But they should be disposed to flee by now, the DPRKalifonia is insufferable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

New Hampshire registered voter figures: http://sos.nh.gov/NamesHistory.aspx

April, 2018:

Democratic: 267,241

Republican: 294,240

Undeclared: 399,245

Libertarian: 209

April, 2018:

69,000 libertarians would seriously alter the balance of power.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    69,000 libertarians would seriously alter the balance of power.
    Absolutely they would.

Especially if they were all committed and active.

¿What are the illegal immigrant voters registrarse como?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

What say you California folks?

Or New Jersey folks?

Or NYC folks?

Or Cambridge Mass. folks?

Or Ill-Annoy folks?

The weather. The ocean. The mountains.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We have weather, mountains, and ocean.

This is the view from right down the road from my house.

An hour away:

And we got weather:

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-14-2018 at 12:07 PM.

"The Republicans aren't capturing the new California, and I think this is a result of especially the national party brand dragging down Republicans in California," Thad Kousser said, chair of the political science department at the University of California in San Diego.
    That would need some clarification. The insinuation is that it's Trump. The reality is that it is the national Party that Californians reject. The Party of Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Karl Rove and the US Chamber of Commerce. Many "independents" (decline to state) voted for Trump.

Democrats usually proudly register as Democrat, very similar to how it usually works in a one party totalitarian state.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-14-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

LOL. We want monotonous weather in a very tight temperature range...

This is the view from right down the road from my house.

An hour away:

And we got weather:

I thought you were full? Your state was ugly? Maybe you should lobby for an exchange program with California.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And the chicks.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

And we got weather:
    We have a night time low of 55 and a day time high of 71 year around, pretty much.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    And the chicks.
    Now you are talking SoCal...

And the chicks.
    Yah, OK.

We have a night time low of 55 and a day time high of 71 year around, pretty much.
    Except when you're mudsliding, burning, flooding or droughting.

Besides...borrrring.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @wizardwatson's project could appeal to these libertarians. KS isn't a bad state.

Talking

Kalifornia is ruled by a monolithic one party system of progressives, statists, Bolsheviks and communists.

This is news?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

April, 2018:

Freedom in the 50 States average ranking since 2000 (lower is more freedom):

New Hampshire: 2
    California: 49

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Besides...borrrring.
    I hate L.A., but just as an example, if you were in downtown L.A. you would be about 20 minutes from the beach (to the west), 30 minutes to the desert (to the east) and about an hour from several ski resorts in the mountains (to the north).

The whole 71 degree high, 55 degree low is based on the coastal climates which are by far the best imo, if you live more than 10 minutes from the coast it tends to get pretty hot.

And the chicks.

Hmm; yeah, gotta agree with that. I would add south Florida and New York City to the women mix. Guess it's all a trade off. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members