Thread: Marjorie Taylor Green

Marjorie Taylor Green

I've only paid attention to her in a general sense and haven't really formed a solid opinion. Seems like there was something I completely disagreed with her on but I can't recall what it was. Nevertheless, she seems to be shaping up as pretty damn principled and is kicking ass. Curious what you guys think.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Ups Ante Against Johnson: ‘Republican Speaker Should Not Be Executing Democrats’ Agenda’

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) escalated her war against Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) Tuesday with a missive that will greet weary lawmakers returning to the Capitol for a tense two-week legislative burst that might be the most treacherous period of Johnson’s speakership.

Greene’s letter is the latest attack in her weeks-long crusade against Johnson that gained legislative legitimacy when she filed a motion to vacate the chair on March 22. That motion could strip Johnson’s gavel just as the House did to then-Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) in October.

She filed her motion the day Johnson passed a massive $1.2 trillion government funding plan over the objections of the majority of House Republicans, a move Greene says “broke our conference rules and the promises we made to our voters.”

The House adopted rules at the beginning of the 118th Congress intended to allow members at least 72 hours to review all legislation before voting. The 1,000-plus page spending bill was presented to members before 3:00 a.m. Eastern on Thursday morning, less than 36 hours before the vote.

More significantly, the bill was opposed by 112 Republicans, with only 101 Republican votes in support despite significant pressure from Johnson and his leadership team. By passing a bill under suspension of the rules – bypassing the Republican-controlled Rules Committee – and relying on Democrat support to pass a bill opposed by the majority of his party, Johnson violated the Hastert Rule, an informal rule that Republican speakers should never bring forward a bill opposed by the majority of his party.

Greene opposed that minibus – the second part of a two-tiered, or “laddered” omnibus spending bill – on its merits as well. She writes, “There is little daylight between Nancy Pelosi’s omnibus in the 117th Congress and Mike Johnson’s omnibus in the 118th Congress, in spite of Americans giving Republicans the majority in order to stop the Democrats’ ‘America Last’ destructive agenda.”

Good article: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ocrats-agenda/

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1777687606416859496
    'Here......Once again, we have gathered in the depths of a small Cotswold town called Stow-On-the Wold, among the town and country folk, we can witness the lesser spotted Karens, going about other peoples business, in their natural habitat'.......

-In the voice of Sir David Attenborough

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More balls than most of the "men" around that $#@!hole, that's for sure.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Let's have another go around of picking a new Speaker. I need the government to be temporarily halted again.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I think she is basically useless. She is just in politics for the attention. I don't really like Johnson, but there is nobody who could win a vote to replace him.

I like her at least she is kicking up a little dust.

IMHO, she seems to actually listen to Thomas Massie. Nothing wrong with that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Can you name a thing that she's done? Besides propose a declaration of war against Mexico. Let's skip that one for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Can you name a thing that she's done? Besides propose a declaration of war against Mexico. Let's skip that one for now.
    Define "done".
    'Here......Once again, we have gathered in the depths of a small Cotswold town called Stow-On-the Wold, among the town and country folk, we can witness the lesser spotted Karens, going about other peoples business, in their natural habitat'.......

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She once appears on TimcastIRL with Thomas Massie.. they are very close.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Define "done".
    The fact that you need to split that hair answers the question, doesn't it?
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The fact that you need to split that hair answers the question, doesn't it?
    No, because I don't know what you mean. When you ask what she's done, do you mean bills written and or passed? She's very much doing something by going after Johnson so what else could you mean?

Not perfect, but few are. Good to have her in there
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

stick w/ facts . 97 percent lifetime freedom index. List everyone better , subtract from total members, divide by members
    Do something Danke

Forced the house to come in to actually vote on bills by declaring role call when there's like a dozen people in the room so the people can better hold their politicians accountable by knowing how they voted?

Before it was only Massie who would do such a thing.. so they just met when he wasn't there, he couldn't do it by himself. Now they have a team.

Help oust speakers who break their promises on not doing omnibus bills is another.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

While many Republicans love them some FISA... other Republicans are trying to reform FISA...

MTG is fighting alongside Massie to kill FISA.

SPLIT TO: [SPLIT] Trump & Alex Jones, 2020 election, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    While many Republicans love them some FISA... other Republicans are trying to reform FISA...

MTG is fighting alongside Massie to kill FISA.

This you?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LOL, ok, great, Justin Amash fights against FISA abuse. How did that go? Was he successful?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-17-2024 at 09:23 PM. Reason: added "SPLIT TO" link
    Pinochet is the model

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the things she does and the things she says.

Which is more than can be said for all but a handful in Congress.

Her sponsorships and co-sponsorships are for good things.
    https://greene.house.gov/
    Last edited by Snowball; 04-15-2024 at 01:59 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Thread is supposed to be about MTG not Trump.

I'm in love ♥️
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Thread is supposed to be about MTG not Trump.

I'm in love ♥️
    Damn good tweet right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Wow. I'd cast her in a biker movie.

https://x.com/RepMTG/status/1797703070555738588

“You said you represent science. Do you represent science? Mr. Fauci? Yes or no. Yes or no,” the congresswoman said as Fauci responded that it was not a yes or no answer.

“I don’t think it is,” Fauci said, prompting Greene to say, “We’ll take that as a you don’t know what you represent.”

“As director of the NIH, you did sign off on these so-called scientific experiments. And as a dog lover, I want to tell you this is disgusting and evil, what you signed off on,” she said, holding up a picture of the experiment uncovered by White Coat Waste Project (WCW), which involved the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), directed by Fauci, granting a university $424,455 in taxpayer dollars to do a lymphatic filariasis vaccine efficacy trial on dogs between September 16, 2020 and January 15, 2022.

WCW described the tests as “unnecessary,” and they involved “injecting the puppies with an experimental drug and intentionally infesting them with flies that carry a disease-causing parasite before euthanizing them,” Breitbart News detailed at the time.

“And these experiments that happened to beagles were paid for by the American taxpayer. And I want you to know, Americans don’t pay their taxes for animals to be tortured like this. So the type of science that you are representing, Mr. Fauci, is abhorrent, and it needs to stop,” she said, also asserting that Fauci represents “the type of science where you confess that you made up the COVID rules, including six-feet social distancing and masking of children.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-evil-science/

OMG, I LOVE this woman.

She's the GOP's version of Maxine Waters.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

She talked with Alex Jones today.

Next one should be an improvement & not run to A J O Nes

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    If that is true I can see why people would support Waters.
    I don't see the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think she is basically useless. She is just in politics for the attention.
    Same could be said for Rand and Massie. There is not much "usefulness" in congress in general.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    No. Maxine Waters is a lying POS racist who sucks up to power. MTG is a truth teller and bucks the system.