Thread: Iran Disqualifies 3,000 Candidates for Parliament

Iran Disqualifies 3,000 Candidates for Parliament

http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Iran/10184184.html

[Time to invade?]

January 24th, 2008
    On January 23, Iran’s ruling Revolutionary Council disqualified 3,000 candidates for the upcoming parliamentary elections. See this news story. The candidates were disqualified on the basis of their political views.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is one reason the world needs Ron Paul for President of America.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

so what@!
    let it be remembered that never again in the future of political campaigns will a candidate receive the same support, enthusiasm and donations UNLESS the message is about liberty, freedom, peace, and the constituion. accept no imitations

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    [Time to invade?]
    No, dumb crap like this only helps foment internal revolution, that is, if the people actually want it. Maybe the reform candidates are actually a nutty fringe no one wants to vote for anyway, I personally don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanQ72 View Post
    No, dumb crap like this only helps foment internal revolution, that is, if the people actually want it.
    In fact, there was a growing reform movement in Iran until Bush started threatening them in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zink View Post
    In fact, there was a growing reform movement in Iran until Bush started threatening them in 2002.
    Everything I've seen on that is sketchy at best. Look, if there was a movement to get Mahmoud and his politics out of there, the US threatening the country over those exact politics should have hardened the resolve of that movement, not dispersed it. It should have have given it more ammunition to point out the current policies as being poor, and leading Iran down the wrong path.

There's an anti-war undercurrent in the US right now. If NATO kicked us out of their membership because of our wars, and the UN passed resolutions stating they would take military action against us if we don't stop, the anti-war movement internal to the US is supposed to evaporate in that atmosphere and turn pro-war? That doesn't make any sense.

Kind of like they are disqualifying our votes in Louisiana to keep us from winning.
    It looks appalling when other country's do it... people act like its ok when our country does it.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

[Time to invade?]

January 24th, 2008
    On January 23, Iran’s ruling Revolutionary Council disqualified 3,000 candidates for the upcoming parliamentary elections. See this news story. The candidates were disqualified on the basis of their political views.
    They must be Ron Paul candidates.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

[Time to invade?]

January 24th, 2008
    I can see why Mad Vlad wants to be buddy-buddy with Iran, now. To share ways to make neighbors nervous and control their people in ways some claim our Govt controls us.

You know, the more I think about that, the less appealing Paul seems to me than he already does.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanQ72 View Post
    No, dumb crap like this only helps foment internal revolution, that is, if the people actually want it. Maybe the reform candidates are actually a nutty fringe no one wants to vote for anyway, I personally don't know.
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic: look for the neo-cons to use this as an excuse to invade.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic: look for the neo-cons to use this as an excuse to invade.
    And the downside to that would be???

no sarcasm, here.

I love America... the fact that Dr. Paul has the right to run is a great testiment to our nation.