Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunch of kids wear Rand Paul shirts at Cruz's announcment

Quote Originally Posted by NACBA View Post
    The university also has an all-encompassing code of conduct, called €œThe Liberty Way, which governs what students can say, do, read, and watch both on and off campus €“ and sets out a regimen of reprimands and fines for violators.

The First Amendment Doesn'€™t Apply at Liberty
    No R-Rated Movies, Un-Godly Music, or Immodest Posters at Liberty University
    No Dancing or Kissing at Liberty University
    Witchcraft and Abortion on Par with Sexual Assault and Felony Conviction at Liberty University
    Liberty University'€™s Guide to Female Modesty
    The Religious Right Nanny State, on View at Liberty University
    Welcome to Liberty University, Now Gives Us Your Blood and Urine Sample

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Sure, but let's also be real. Ted Cruz is an opportunist who knows he has no real shot at the nomination, but rather his main objective is to fool as many people possible into supporting him over Rand in order to hand Jeb Bush n company the nomination.

Also the blaze network ie Glen Beck is already shilling as hard as they can saying on his show this morning among many other absurd things that obviously apply to Rand that it's Cruz, not Rand that is drawing all the independent support and that's what it's going to take to win the general election. Wow Glen really??? Even though Rand draws the most support among independents while Cruz draws very little, close to the bottom actually, he then goes on a tirade of how others are dishonest and not telling the truth. To the uninformed this all sounds great but to someone like myself that knows better find these deception tactics despicable and gutless. It also honestly goes against everything the man supposedly stands for. Using and invoking God as a means to hoodwink people to vote for you has always been something i simply cannot stomach.. God bless you all but most of all SEND YOUR MONEY... The man is a fraud and those that support him and know the truth are equally frauds, period!!!
    +1
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz shouldn't mind the shirts, he said he was proud to stand with Rand too.

Last edited by Dr.3D; 03-23-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    can someone please tell me how ted cruz can even run? Wasn't he born in canada? ooo so comical spreading the ben swann story on fb about shirts.
    He has been in Congress for 2 years. Clearly, he is the most qualified Canadian for the job!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

can someone please tell me how ted cruz can even run? Wasn't he born in canada? ooo so comical spreading the ben swann story on fb about shirts.
    His mother is a US citizen. Therefore he is a citizen.

Can you imagine if a pregnant woman gave birth on vacation in say.. France and her son or daughter was no longer eligible to be President because of that? That's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Sure, but let's also be real. Ted Cruz is an opportunist who knows he has no real shot at the nomination, but rather his main objective is to fool as many people possible into supporting him over Rand in order to hand Jeb Bush n company the nomination.

Also the blaze network ie Glen Beck is already shilling as hard as they can saying on his show this morning among many other absurd things that obviously apply to Rand that it's Cruz, not Rand that is drawing all the independent support and that's what it's going to take to win the general election. Wow Glen really??? Even though Rand draws the most support among independents while Cruz draws very little, close to the bottom actually, he then goes on a tirade of how others are dishonest and not telling the truth. To the uninformed this all sounds great but to someone like myself that knows better find these deception tactics despicable and gutless. It also honestly goes against everything the man supposedly stands for. Using and invoking God as a means to hoodwink people to vote for you has always been something i simply cannot stomach.. God bless you all but most of all SEND YOUR MONEY... The man is a fraud and those that support him and know the truth are equally frauds, period!!!
    Glenn also said that the two guys he supports the most right now are Rand and Ted.. Or did you decide to completely ignore that?

brings a smile to the heart.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    Nonconformist political ideologies in general, with the exception of specifically female-oriented ones like radical feminism, are primarily the province of males.
    That's true. Women's opinions are mostly based on social pressure, not logic or evidence. There are exceptions, but women's tribal nature is what they base their positions on.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by serenityrick View Post
    Glenn also said that the two guys he supports the most right now are Rand and Ted.. Or did you decide to completely ignore that?
    No more than you are ignoring the fact that Beck said nice things about his father, too--a couple of times--then Beckstabbed him--a couple of times. Why would we sit and wait for the obvious to happen before we started watching his son's back? As a springboard for 2024?

Last edited by acptulsa; 03-23-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

yeah, Calgary native, eh.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    one thing I have always loved about the liberty movement is how it brings a bunch of people together who probably would never know eachother otherwise and much more than that, it makes us like family almost instantly when we get together.. that was always my experience when traveling during the election cycles to different events and I cant wait to do it again.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

We're your family...

Glenn Beck is has fundamentally endorsed Ted Cruz. If I was Rand Paul I would still enter the fray and do an interview on Glenn Beck Radio show anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by clint4liberty View Post
    Glenn Beck is has fundamentally endorsed Ted Cruz. If I was Rand Paul I would still enter the fray and do an interview on Glenn Beck Radio show anyways.
    not sure if serious.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    not sure if serious.
    I think he is has the seriousness

for Ron I was more interested in showing my support than winning votes, even though I had the best intentions.
    sometimes showing support in ways like this actually hardens potential voters against you.

Cruise voters are the easiest for us to pick up when it becomes apparent that cruise has the electability problem.
    if this were a Bush rally it might actually be good strategy ( being the anti Bush candidate) but I'm not seeing much to gain by doing this with Ted.

the fact it was a mandatory gathering makes a difference but that fact will lost on most.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    for Ron I was more interested in showing my support than winning votes, even though I had the best intentions.
    sometimes showing support in ways like this actually hardens potential voters against you.

Cruise voters are the easiest for us to pick up when it becomes apparent that cruise has the electability problem.
    if this were a Bush rally it might actually be good strategy ( being the anti Bush candidate) but I'm not seeing much to gain by doing this with Ted.

the fact it was a mandatory gathering makes a difference but that fact will lost on most.
    Luckily, all the stories allowed the kids to explain why they did it. Though some will probably only read a headline or see it on twitter.

We should track all the other candidate's speeches and campaign stops, and coordinate with Rand Paul supporters in that local area. They all enter the event with "Ted Cruz" or "Hillary Clinton" sweatshirts. Then mid way through the speech, all of them take off the sweatshirts en masse to reveal "RAND PAUL" t-shirts underneath.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know the guy who organized this.

This is gonna be one fun election.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I know the guy who organized this.
    Oh yeah? What's his name? How do you know him?
    Last edited by devil21; 03-23-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by serenityrick View Post
    His mother is a US citizen. Therefore he is a citizen.

Can you imagine if a pregnant woman gave birth on vacation in say.. France and her son or daughter was no longer eligible to be President because of that? That's stupid.
    Hey I should run for the Prime Minister in Canada....that is where my mom was born......That's stupid
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Hey I should run for the Prime Minister in Canada....that is where my mom was born......That's stupid
    And you could if you became a Canadian citizenship no matter where you were born, because other countries don't have such an incredibly stupid, anachronistic, and xenophobic law preventing it.

You are clearly a proud Murican though as evidenced by your utter lack of knowledge of how any other countries political system works. You don't run for prime minister. You are appointed PM if you are the leader of a party that wins a majority of seats in Parliament.

But who gives a $#@!? Murica!!!
    Last edited by whoisjohngalt; 03-23-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Love it... Just one thing: at what point do they stop being kids and start being adults? Not trying to be "that guy" but just thought I'd leave this thought here. Saying these are just a buncha kids discredits them to an extent, in the average person's mind at least.

Yall realize Cruz is an ashkenazi right? Just sayin. His whole Cuban/Canadian thing is a smokescreen.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    And you could if you became a Canadian citizenship no matter where you were born, because other countries don't have such an incredibly stupid, anachronistic, and xenophobic law preventing it.

You are clearly a proud Murican though as evidenced by your utter lack of knowledge of how any other countries political system works. You don't run for prime minister. You are appointed PM if you are the leader of a party that wins a majority of seats in Parliament.

But who gives a $#@!? Murica!!!
    The intention of the law is to make sure that whoever holds the highest office in the land is loyal to America. That they grew up here, all of their childhood experiences are here, they hold great loyalty to the land and the people.

Imagine someone grows up in France, and then moves here at age 30 and becomes president. That person simply would not be loyal to America in the same way that someone who grew up reading about the founding fathers and saluting the flag would be. It isn't xenophobic, it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    And here is a big reason why Ron didn't win the nomination in 2012.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ted Cruz...surrounded by upwards of 10,000 cheering students...Attendance at convocation at Liberty is mandatory
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-23-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    The intention of the law is to make sure that whoever holds the highest office in the land is loyal to America. That they grew up here, all of their childhood experiences are here, they hold great loyalty to the land and the people.

Imagine someone grows up in France, and then moves here at age 30 and becomes president. That person simply would not be loyal to America in the same way that someone who grew up reading about the founding fathers and saluting the flag would be. It isn't xenophobic, it's common sense.
    If his loyalty was in question, the electorate should be smart enough not to elect him. If they aren't, they get the government they deserve.

What if his parents were Russian spies and he was a citizen who was raised to be subversive? It's just as ridiculous and it's a completely xenophobic law. The first many Presidents weren't born in America. Martin Van Buren was more Dutch then American. It's nonsense and is not required in a free society.

I've found in my thirty year here that immigrants have much greater respect and loyalty for this country then most of the native born. They certainly know way more about our history and laws.
    Last edited by whoisjohngalt; 03-23-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    If his loyalty was in question, the electorate should be smart enough not to elect him. If they aren't, they get the government they deserve.

What if his parents were Russian spies and he was a citizen who was raised to be subversive? It's just as ridiculous and it's a completely xenophobic law. The first many Presidents weren't born in America. Martin Van Buren was more Dutch then American. It's nonsense and is not required in a free society.

I've found in my thirty year here that immigrants have much greater respect and loyalty for this country then most of the native born. They certainly know way more about our history and laws.
    How could you trust a French born president to negotiate a trade deal with France? And the electorate isn't smart enough not to elect someone like that, establishment interests can be too strong. It's the same reason why we need Term Limits.

The whole point of a Constitutional Republic is that we recognize that there are certain issues and situations in which majority rule simply isn't the best policy. Hence the Bill of Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    How could you trust a French born president to negotiate a trade deal with France? And the electorate isn't smart enough not to elect someone like that, establishment interests can be too strong. It's the same reason why we need Term Limits.

The whole point of a Constitutional Republic is that we recognize that there are certain issues and situations in which majority rule simply isn't the best policy. Hence the Bill of Rights.
    How could you trust the child of those French immigrants to negotiate a trade deal with France. What if the immigrated here and became citizens, gave birth to a son here, moved back to France to raise him until she 30 and then he moved back?

He would be eligible. But a child born to American parents living abroad I'm France who returned here with their child at age 2 and raised him here would not have an eligible child.

Sorry it's dumb, anachronistic, and xenophobic. Worse yet it's an arbitrary point to fixate on. I don't trust people who have never left the US to negotiate a trade deal with France.

It's incredibly collectivist and against what this movement stands for. We judge individuals based on their character.

I don't care where someone was born anymore than I care about their skin color. It's something you have no control over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast