Thread: If you're unvaxxed, get Covid but recover, does it make sense to take a test to document it?

If you're unvaxxed, get Covid but recover, does it make sense to take a test to document it?

As an unvaxxed person, I think I recently got Covid. I think I'm over the worst of it and I believe I'll be fine. However, I'm wondering if it makes sense to take the test to prove I have it. This way, in the future, if they ever ask people for "either proof of vaccine or natural immunity", I'd have something to point to (natural immunity). Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not go to Dr's unless I'm broken or leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post
    As an unvaxxed person, I think I recently got Covid. I think I'm over the worst of it and I believe I'll be fine. However, I'm wondering if it makes sense to take the test to prove I have it. This way, in the future, if they ever ask people for "either proof of vaccine or natural immunity", I'd have something to point to (natural immunity). Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
    When I had it in July, I was talked into talking the test for that reason. I tested about 4 days after my first symptoms. It was like a mild chest cold before the test, and like a pretty bad flu within 6 hours of taking it. It doesn't look like natural immunity is going to be taken seriously in this country, so it's probably not worth it.

It makes sense if we were in a rational world. If it is convenient and easy for you to get one, and there will be no negative ramifications like a forced quarantine camp, I don't see a problem with getting a test. You may test negative if you are over it, though.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Any sort of documentation can be helpful depending on the circumstance. If your local church or garden club would feel better about your participation in their activities if they saw something like that, it's weird, but probably not the end of the world. If you want it to provide to an employer, government agent, or to gain entry to a supermarket, that's just feeding the beast, imho.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

You can wait until it is over and get an anti-body test, they are usually about $75.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If I was going to do anything I would pick the one Danno selected . I havnt done it myself though. My attitude has been poor since childhood if I recall what my first and second grade report cards said . So I may not be a shiny example of consideration for what others may feel.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    It doesn't look like natural immunity is going to be taken seriously in this country, so it's probably not worth it.
    I feel sure you're right.

It's so weird. Two thousand years of cumulative human knowledge out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This way, in the future, if they ever ask people for "either proof of vaccine or natural immunity", I'd have something to point to (natural immunity). Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
    How far in the future are you thinking? Because if it's more than a year or so, they wouldn't be interested in whether or not you had natural immunity a year prior. They'll want a current test showing what level of antibodies you have at that time.

That said, I don't see this happening. The point of the vaccine mandates is to have more people take the vaccine.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Just a warning on blood tests for antibodies and t-cells. Depending upon how severe of a case of Covid you had, and how long it has been, there probably won't be detectable amounts of antibodies or t-cells in your blood. Long term immunity resides in your lymph system and bone marrow.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You can wait until it is over and get an anti-body test, they are usually about $75.
    you guys in the US are getting ripped off if they are $75
    They are just $30 here in Switzerland if go directly to a lab and let them sample your blood

Make sure you take a test on a Roche S assays (testing equipment) many other equipments are not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Just a warning on blood tests for antibodies and t-cells. Depending upon how severe of a case of Covid you had, and how long it has been, there probably won't be detectable amounts of antibodies or t-cells in your blood. Long term immunity resides in your lymph system and bone marrow.
    antibodies have been consistently detected in small quantities even 1 year after mild infection

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/.../eji.202149535

T cells last even longer, but tests are more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    Make sure you take a test on a Roche S assays (testing equipment) many other equipments are not reliable.
    Too true. But are all those false positives a bug, or a feature?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Any sort of documentation can be helpful depending on the circumstance. If your local church or garden club would feel better about your participation in their activities if they saw something like that, it's weird, but probably not the end of the world. If you want it to provide to an employer, government agent, or to gain entry to a supermarket, that's just feeding the beast, imho.
    I agree with you about it feeding the beast. It's still bowing the knee to show them the proof they want just to live a normal life. It's like asking their permission for my freedoms. Plus I hate the idea of an unvaxxed person who hasn't gotten the virus being left out on their own (as I can now say as an unvaxxed person that I have "natural immunity"). We all need to stick together.

Can you convince the insane that you are sane?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had it recently. The "science" only recognizes a 6 month immunity after infection. And then there are new strains.

I've made a point only to hang out with people who aren't insane. It's amazing going to places where life is as it was in 2019. Those are my tribe. Then I will go somewhere where everyone is in a state of panic. I avoid the scared sheep. I prefer the company of other lions.

antibodies have been consistently detected in small quantities even 1 year after mild infection

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/.../eji.202149535

T cells last even longer, but tests are more expensive
    It depends upon the test and what exactly the test looks for. The most available (and expensive) T cell test in the US is T-Detect. From their site:

That is not just an ultra conservative estimate to cover their butts. T cells after infection will not be detected by their blood test after a period of months, not years. That does not mean you don't have immune memory cells and long term immunity though.

My warning stands. The standard blood tests that are available to Americans will probably not detect T cells or antibodies in the blood a year, or probably much less time, after an infection. Long term B and T memory immune cells are not detected with the standard blood tests, most likely due to the fact that they reside in bone marrow and migrate to the lymph system. (Or the test is not the right type or is not sensitive enough).
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-11-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I had it recently. The "science" only recognizes a 6 month immunity after infection. And then there are new strains.
    Yeah, the “science”, as brought down from Mt. Olympus by St. Fauci.

Your body has a very long memory for viruses after infection. What doesn't create long term immunity is their new experimental vaccines, which have failed their experiment.

And virus mutations are always an issue for vaccines and natural immunity.

Yeah, the “science”, as brought down from Mt. Olympus by St. Fauci.

Your body has a very long memory for viruses after infection. What doesn't create long term immunity is their new experimental vaccines, which have failed their experiment.

And virus mutations are always an issue for vaccines and natural immunity.
    One thing that does concern me about catching it in the future AND/OR getting the vaccine (no way in hell I am getting vaxxed), is that the inflammation in the body results from the spike protein. A person's body with be on guard against covid, but I wonder if there will be an allegic response to a new infection and if that subsequent infection will be worse.

What's so infuriating about the "science" from on high, is that we are only allowed to talk about THAT-- the "science." Any other questions, concerns, and possible treatments are not just dismissed but censored. This really is a horrible time to be alive as far as freedom of expression is concerned. This is when we need free speech the most. Instead they are saying we need to cancel free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Too true. But are all those false positives a bug, or a feature?
    The antibody tests are much more reliable than PCR tests which is I think what you are referring to?

It depends upon the test and what exactly the test looks for. The most available (and expensive) T cell test in the US is T-Detect. From their site:

That is not just an ultra conservative estimate to cover their butts. T cells after infection will not be detected by their blood test after a period of months, not years. That does not mean you don't have immune memory cells and long term immunity though.

My warning stands. The standard blood tests that are available to Americans will probably not detect T cells or antibodies in the blood a year, or probably much less time, after an infection. Long term B and T memory immune cells are not detected with the standard blood tests, most likely due to the fact that they reside in bone marrow and migrate to the lymph system. (Or the test is not the right type or is not sensitive enough).
    I am not aware which tests are available in the US

We can do memory T cell tests here in Switzerland for 200 USD

The antibody tests are much more reliable than PCR tests which is I think what you are referring to?
    Right.

I went and took a medical lab post-covid to confirm antibodies.

I'm not taking any stinking tests just to add to the statistics. Although it would probably help our arguments considering I had it and got better super quick. See? Another confirmed test that didn't die!
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No tests
    No face diapers
    No jabs
    Never

If that means I can’t participate in the new normal, then so be it. I am not participating.

Trying to convince a Vax mandator of natural immunity is like trying to convince a democrat that Trump didn't collude with Russia.

Who is thinking about fraudulent elections these days?