Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House Passes Another Omnibus

House Passes Another Omnibus

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...31984359997743
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    3 days, thats it?

And they won't even allow that?

https://twitter.com/RepEliCrane/stat...08140916170983
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Do they even read the bills before passing them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorLiberty View Post
    When have they ever?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorLiberty View Post
    I think they already know the specifics of what's in the bills.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/WesternLensman/s...75560800428073

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    3 days, thats it?

And they won't even allow that?
    They wait until there's less than 3 days to shutdown then say it's too urgent to allow 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Moolenaar Michigan R Yes

^^^My district traitor
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

The Biden DOJ wasted no time in making use of the new money...

https://twitter.com/RepMaryMiller/st...67071815451070

This is intolerable.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

May I take it Johnson is proving himself just another DC whore?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Wash, rinse and repeat.

The biggest, most corrupt whores are sometimes the people who wear their religion on their sleeves.

IMHO, it's most likely that Johnson was not up to the job. Schumer (who no doubt played himself up to Johnson as not only the Senate leader, but a representative of the chosen people and Israel), McConnell and the rest of leadership had no problems convincing him that his duty was to pass the spending by any means necessary, because there were so many important things that needed money. Whether or not Johnson was invited to a drug fueled orgy with children as a way to compromise him is just a crazy conspiracy theory, and not worthy of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wash, rinse and repeat.
    Mike Johnson is ESG/DEI supporter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If only Massie, MTG, etc. had their way and we kept McCarthy, then we would....be in the same position as we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    If only Massie, MTG, etc. had their way and we kept McCarthy, then we would....be in the same position as we are today.
    We'd be in this position today if we'd reincarnated Thomas Jefferson, installed him as president, and put Ron Paul in as Speaker...

Everything they show us is theater. They're not making any decisions... everything has been decided, and nothing will stop it. There is no top of the mountain - the American Sisyphus will continue to push the boulder up the mountain until he can't anymore, and then the boulder will roll back and crush him in spectacular fashion. The American state is a dead man walking, and there's nothing nor no one who could possibly stop it.

Our only hope is to be prepared for that collapse, and hope that we're in physical proximity to a region that decides to secede and reset.

Acting Like Childish Gambinos

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    They wait until there's less than 3 days to shutdown then say it's too urgent to allow 3 days.
    That's their usual strategy to evade any discussion and debate on the controversial items in a bill. It's sinister, and it's pathetic.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Pretty much. No different than McCarthy and everyone that came before him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well this is all very depressing. No surprises, mind you... just depressing.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

THREAD: DOJ launches National Extreme Risk Protection Order Resource Center

The Biden DOJ wasted no time in making use of the new money...

https://twitter.com/RepMaryMiller/st...67071815451070
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The biggest, most corrupt whores are sometimes the people who wear their religion on their sleeves.

IMHO, it's most likely that Johnson was not up to the job. Schumer (who no doubt played himself up to Johnson as not only the Senate leader, but a representative of the chosen people and Israel), McConnell and the rest of leadership had no problems convincing him that his duty was to pass the spending by any means necessary, because there were so many important things that needed money. Whether or not Johnson was invited to a drug fueled orgy with children as a way to compromise him is just a crazy conspiracy theory, and not worthy of discussion.
    Isn't he an Israel first bible thumper of the Michelle Bachman type? Scofield bible "Christian".
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Moolenaar Michigan R Yes

^^^My district traitor

Mike Kelly, Freedom Index Score 60% [usually lower) PA (R) typical "car salesman" <-- true previous occupation. Voted YES.

He is absolutely loved and revered here in these parts. Any attempt to mention even a single bad vote [to hold him accountable], or replace him with a vetted liberty candidate will label you a disgusting, lying traitor your entire life. Never, ever, ever say anything bad about Mike Kelly or you will suffer the consequences by any/all of his constituents.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

A solution to deficit spending, the Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment

The fact is, there is a solution to this uncontrollable deficit spending called The Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment, but neither Mike Johnson, or any other self-anointed "conservative" has offered it as a solution.

Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment

“SECTION 1. The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay any tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, sales, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money.

NOTE: these words would return us to our Constitution’s original tax plan as our Founders’ intended it to operate! They would also end the experiment with allowing Congress to lay and collect taxes calculated from lawfully earned "incomes" which now oppresses America‘s economic engine and robs the bread which working people have earned when selling the property each has in their own labor, not to mention the amendment would end federal taxation being used as a political weapon to harass and attack political opponents!

"SECTION 2. Congress ought not raise money by borrowing, but when the money arising from imposts duties and excise taxes are insufficient to meet the public exigencies, and Congress has raised money by borrowing during the course of a fiscal year, Congress shall then lay a direct tax at the beginning of the next fiscal year for an amount sufficient to extinguish the preceding fiscal year's deficit, and apply the revenue so raised to extinguishing said deficit."

NOTE: Congress is to raise its primary revenue from imposts and duties, [taxes at our water’s edge], and may also lay miscellaneous internal excise taxes on specifically chosen articles of consumption. But if Congress borrows and spends more than is brought in from imposts, duties and miscellaneous excise taxes during the course of a fiscal year, then, and only then, is the direct apportioned tax to be laid in order to balance the budget on an annual basis.

"SECTION 3. When Congress is required to lay a direct tax in accordance with Section 1 of this Article, the Secretary of the United States Treasury shall, in a timely manner, calculate each State's apportioned share of the total sum being raised by dividing its total population size by the total population of the united states and multiplying that figure by the total being raised by Congress, and then provide the various State Congressional Delegations with a Bill notifying their State’s Executive and Legislature of its share of the total tax being collected and a final date by which said tax shall be paid into the United States Treasury."

In reference to the above Section see: FIRST DIRECT TAX LAID BY CONGRESS, 1798 and each State’s apportioned fair share.

NOTE: our founder’s fair share formula to extinguish an annual deficit would be:

States’ population

---------------------------- X SUM TO BE RAISED = STATE’S FAIR SHARE OF DIRECT TAX

Total U.S. Population

The above formula, as intended by our founding fathers, is to ensure that each state’s share towards extinguishing an annual deficit is proportionately equal to its representation in Congress, i.e., representation with a proportional financial obligation! And if the tax is laid directly upon the people by Congress, then every taxpayer across the United States pays the exact same amount!

Note also that each State’s number or Representatives, under our Constitution is determined by the rule of apportionment:

State`s Pop.

------------------- X House size (435) = State`s No. of Representatives
    U.S. Pop.

"SECTION 4. Each State shall be free to assume and pay its quota of the direct tax into the United States Treasury by a final date set by Congress, but if any State shall refuse or neglect to pay its quota, then Congress shall send forth its officers to assess and levy such State's proportion against the real property within the State with interest thereon at the rate of ((?)) per cent per annum, and against the individual owners of the taxable property. Provision shall be made for a 15% discount for those States paying their share by ((?))of the fiscal year in which the tax is laid, and a 10% discount for States paying by the final date set by Congress, such discount being to defray the States' cost of collection."

NOTE: This section respects the Tenth Amendment and allows each state to raise its share in its own chosen way in a time period set by Congress, but also allows the federal government to enter a state and collect the tax if a state is delinquent in meeting its obligation.

"SECTION 5. This Amendment to the Constitution, when ratified by the required number of States, shall take effect no later than (?) years after the required number of States have ratified it.
    Last edited by johnwk; 03-24-2024 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    The fact is, there is a solution to this uncontrollable deficit spending called The Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment, but neither Mike Johnson, or any other self-anointed "conservative" has offered it as a solution.
    Oh boy, I knew it was just a matter of time for this BBA BS to be proposed. And now they even put "Fair Share" in front of the title.

Now where in the hell did I put my vomit bucket?

https://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/...-or-deathblow/
    Last edited by PAF; 03-24-2024 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Oh boy, I knew it was just a matter of time for this BBA BS to be proposed. And now they even put "Fair Share" in front of the title.

Now where in the hell did I put my vomit bucket?

The "Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment" is how our founders intended to deal with an annual deficit. I suggest you actually read the proposal before making comments on it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    The "Fair Share Balanced Budget Amendment" is how our founders intended to deal with an annual deficit. I suggest you actually read the proposal before making comments on it.
    I've read, studied and posted enough concerning that putrid manure some time back when it was being proposed. I don't care how "our founders" intended it, they do not speak for me. Perhaps use the search feature and look for my [and other] threads concerning it.

____

Conclusion

A BBA would have the opposite effect of what you have been told. Instead of limiting the federal government, it legalizes spending which is now unconstitutional as outside the scope of the enumerated powers; transforms the federal government into one which has power over whatever they decide to spend money on; and does nothing to reduce federal spending.
    Last edited by PAF; 03-24-2024 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Mike Kelly, Freedom Index Score 60% [usually lower) PA (R) typical "car salesman" <-- true previous occupation. Voted YES.

He is absolutely loved and revered here in these parts. Any attempt to mention even a single bad vote [to hold him accountable], or replace him with a vetted liberty candidate will label you a disgusting, lying traitor your entire life. Never, ever, ever say anything bad about Mike Kelly or you will suffer the consequences by any/all of his constituents.
    I can almost guess his campaign literature bullet point issues:

Fix the border
    Support our veterans
    Protect America's national security
    Address America's soaring debt
    blah blah blah

Doesn't mean anything he says.

-GLP poster

Wait... hang on for a second... are you serious that they actually called it the "fair share act"??? Are they legitimately trolling us with sh!t from Atlas Shrugged??

*le sigh*... I'm sincerely starting to believe that we're living in a simulation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast