Thread: Edward Bernays and Group Psychology: Manipulating the Masses

Edward Bernays and Group Psychology: Manipulating the Masses

Have to watch the video first.

Now, what happens if a people are not subject to Group Identity because they are individuals? Easy answer. Create incentives that draw people to join one of two groups effectively rendering the ability to conduct deep critical thought about their behaviors, then turn both of those groups against each other by some characteristic which contradicts their group identities. Then we end up with conflicting Paradigms such as Demoncrats vs Repubicans, Left vs Right, Men vs Women, so on and so forth.

One reason thing that is quite new to me is this idea of Intersectionality. This is pretty much Group Psychology 6.0, which is predicated on the Oppressor vs Oppressed concept. Basically, the persuasion is to have individuals choose to identify with as many different groups of oppressed as possible while either minimizing or fully negating any beneficial outcomes of the Oppressor group. Currently we are seeing this in manufacturing hatred towards Straight White Men. Everyone is a victim of the Straight White Men, so the Intersection occurs for women, then gay women, then gay black transgender muslim women. The idea here is to completely control the mind of the individual and displace any concepts of Self or the Id with ideas and values consistent with Groups that they feel they can identify with. Two women, both gay, one white and one straight, will identify as both being Gay. Then they are told to feel emotionally instead of think logically, and direct anger toward any that oppose their group values. The result here is that both gay women will hold the straightness of the Straight White Male with hostility and contempt.

Nearly everywhere you look, you see the same exact message: Join OUR Group. Dont. Instead, learn to recognize how your own behaviors are subconsiously manipulated to manufacture hatred for other groups when you allow the Group Mindframe to take place. Please dont get me wrong, there are absolutely appropriate times to allow the Group Mind to be present, such as being part of a family or amongst friends. It becomes dangerous when the Group starts telling you to "be angry at" and follow such phrases with rationizations and pre-concluded ideals and values. This displaces your own identity to the point that you become only the tool of the group, whose only potential is both destructive and incapable of critical thinking. It is a TRAP. Join our Group and allow us to tell you who to be and who to hate.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    This displaces your own identity to the point that you become only the tool of the group, whose only potential is both destructive and incapable of critical thinking. It is a TRAP. Join our Group and allow us to tell you who to be and who to hate.
    And if you refuse to step into the trap, refuse to consider people in the same boat as you the enemy, and refuse to be distracted from those who ate actually doing us all harm? First they try to scare you (yes those are the real enemy but these are a more immediate threat) and then they try to define you as part of the enemy group. Thus progs define libertarians as all wealthy (we wish) and the Alt Blight uses silly-assed terms like "leftarians".

Because they consider the worst thing in the world to be nonconformists who can't be stuffed into their little groups and goaded to waste their time and effort squabbling with their neighbors.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-18-2019 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And if you refuse to step into the trap, refuse to consider people in the same boat as you the enemy, and refuse to be distracted from those who ate actually doing us all harm? First they try to scare you (yes those are the real enemy but these are a more immediate threat) and then they try to define you as part of the enemy group. Thus progs define libertarians as all wealthy (we wish) and the Alt Blight uses silly-assed terms like "leftarians".

Because they consider the worst thing in the world to be nonconformists who can't be stuffed into their little groups and goaded to waste their time and effort squabbling with their neighbors.
    There are times when facing the challenges of someone who is currently in the mindset of an opposing group that outside of that situation the would react very very differently. Its the difference between facing a Judge in a courtroom where a person is accused if using an improper pronoun vs a conversation with the very same judge at a supermarket discussing the health benefits of organic foods over processed ones. Simply reminding people of who they are, they may give pause and reflect that their hostility toward you is not their own, yet, a manifestation of their unconscious desire to protect their group identity, of which, they self identify as a member and have allowed that group think to cause them to forget who they are. They are more different than their own group(s) than they are similar. They have no need to protect a destructive group when it comes to protecting their own asses.

I cant agree with you more about the non conformists. What I find absolutely infuriating is they insist on changing you to suit their view of the world instead of even trying to accept others for those differences. Non conformity is a major part of self actualization. And groups will always demand this. Reminding individuals that they are just as different from their own groups as we are from them. So who is to say what standards we all must adhere to? Then it plants the seed of an idea that there are "secret shadow governments" as Bernays put it, or as I like to put it, more bluntly, and probably because they are immune to the effects of Group Think as the Elites. They may even start to doubt their own conclusions, at which point, you have won. Not because we defeated them, but because we succeeded in freeing their minds, even if but a little bit.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The thing that comes to my mind is: they're protecting the Moslems and pitting blacks / hispanics / whites / women / men / homosexuals / atheist / Christians against each other. The old divide and conquer.

If people only figured this out, it would, more than likely, cease rather quickly. There will always be an element of evil and hate, but not on the levels we are witnessing today, because people are being goaded towards hatred.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The thing that comes to my mind is: they're protecting the Moslems...
    Is that why we give billions to the Zionists, and start or support wars in Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, etc? Or is the Christian/Muslim divide just another convenient schism to exploit to keep us distracted from the way we're being robbed blind by people who aren't Muslim?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-18-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Is that why we give billions to the Zionists, and start or support wars in Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, etc? Or is the Christian/Muslim divide just another convenient schism to exploit to keep us distracted from the way we're being robbed blind by people who aren't Muslim?
    The Moslems are their protected group for now. All people, to them, are expendable, and when they don't need them anymore they become the enemy. That's why I have no faith in man.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The Moslems are their protected group for now.
    Obviously not. What you're saying might make sense if you said, "Muslim refugees in Europe". But if the whole bunch were "protected", they'd have stayed home, and wouldn't even be in Europe.

As bad as the oligarchy is screwing us, they're screwing certain specific Muslims ten thousand times worse. Protected my ass.

The key to not falling for their games--the key to not being manipulated--is also the key to being a good Christian. You have to put on the other person's shoes and take that walk. Even if you think they might be some Godless Samaritan.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-18-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Obviously not. What you're saying might make sense if you said, "Muslim refugees in Europe". But if the whole bunch were "protected", they'd have stayed home, and wouldn't even be in Europe.

As bad as the oligarchy is screwing us, they're screwing certain specific Muslims ten thousand times worse. Protected my ass.

The key to not falling for their games--the key to not being manipulated--is also the key to being a good Christian. You have to put on the other person's shoes and take that walk. Even if you think they might be some Godless Samaritan.
    Good advice that most people ought to live by. However, we are told to be watchmen and discern from what we see and hear. That is what I try to live by.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good advice that most people ought to live by. However, we are told to be watchmen and discern from what we see and hear. That is what I try to live by.
    I don't think that means what we see and hear in the mainstream media.

While you're seeing two Muslim females coddled in the Congress and imagining how refugees are being protected in France, are you paying the slightest attention to what life is like for this "protected class" of human beings in the West Bank, Basra and Yemen?

The instinct toward diligence is just one of the instincts the MSM uses to play us like fiddles. And we wind up not being diligent at all, and let our real enemies screw us.

Why did Jesus take the trouble to tell us about one Godless Samaritan who didn't fit the stereotype? So we could be divided against others among God's Children who are suffering at the same hands that are victimizing us?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-18-2019 at 12:42 PM.

I don't think that means what we see and hear in the mainstream media.

While you're seeing two Muslim females coddled in the Congress and imagining how refugees are being protected in France, are you paying the slightest attention to what life is like for this "protected class" of human beings in the West Bank, Bazra and Yemen?
    There is a much bigger picture in play, and if you have understanding of what this is leading up to, you know what is coming...

Revelation 2:9 (KJV)

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 (KJV)

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

There is a much bigger picture in play, and if you have understanding of what this is leading up to, you know what is coming...
    And does God look favorably upon the people who help bring those Revelations to pass? Does God want us to hate those who are having trouble adjusting to life in France so much we overlook those who are inflating our wages and savings away to buy the missiles which bombed those people out of home and hearth?

I think I'd have trouble adjusting to France myself.

And does God look favorably upon the people who help bring those Revelations to pass? Does God want us to hate those who are having trouble adjusting to life in France so much we overlook those who are inflating our wages and savings away to buy the missiles which bombed those people out of home and hearth?

Anyone who is attacking us is the enemy, I am all for offering them an olive branch and attempting to educate them but until they stop attacking us they are still the enemy and we must defend ourselves.

If a robber sets a pack of dobermans on me I must deal with the dobermans before I can deal with the robber, if I can deal with them by feeding them and speaking in soft tones then that is a stroke of good fortune because I like dogs but if I have to snap their necks or put a bullet in them then I must.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I thought you were scared of Spanish I speaking Roman Catholics out there on the West Coast with you. I didn't know you were just as scared of Syrians in France.

Damn, dude. What aren't you scared of?

I thought you were scared of Spanish I speaking Roman Catholics out there on the West Coast with you. I didn't know you were just as scared of Syrians in France.

Damn, dude. What aren't you scared of?
    Does anything scare you?

Dodo birds are not a good role model.

I'm not "scared", I'm properly aware of threats and I prefer to defend against them before the knife is literally at my throat.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The thing that comes to my mind is: they're protecting the Moslems and pitting blacks / hispanics / whites / women / men / homosexuals / atheist / Christians against each other. The old divide and conquer.

If people only figured this out, it would, more than likely, cease rather quickly. There will always be an element of evil and hate, but not on the levels we are witnessing today, because people are being goaded towards hatred.
    Perhaps more easily stated as "Create Groups then Divide then Conquer".

Divided States of America
    1776 > 1984

Anyone who is attacking us is the enemy, I am all for offering them an olive branch and attempting to educate them but until they stop attacking us they are still the enemy and we must defend ourselves.

If a robber sets a pack of dobermans on me I must deal with the dobermans before I can deal with the robber, if I can deal with them by feeding them and speaking in soft tones then that is a stroke of good fortune because I like dogs but if I have to snap their necks or put a bullet in them then I must.
    They are truly minions. Take one out, and there is a million just like them, all ready to attack too. But it can be done. The minions however, are also victims of the Elite. They are so heavily conditioned that Hate is a Reflexive Muscle Memory response, which is what both Schools and MSM create and condition.

It does no good to strike at the Branches of Evil. One must strike at the root.

I still think the most dangerous thing to the Elite is a people United, which is exactly why Donnay made the statement about Divide and Conquer. Thus, turning the Minions against their Puppet Masters. We say "wake up" quite a bit. But how exactly do we do that without causing harm or giving reason for them to continue to hate us? For those that can be awakened, I think it is possible that reminding them that they are "defending their group" and "remind them of their individuality" is a Humane solution. It is what we all want also.

Its possible I am entirely wrong on this also, to which I will admit.
    1776 > 1984

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's ask Albert Pike...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    They are truly minions. Take one out, and there is a million just like them, all ready to attack too. But it can be done. The minions however, are also victims of the Elite. They are so heavily conditioned that Hate is a Reflexive Muscle Memory response, which is what both Schools and MSM create and condition.

It does no good to strike at the Branches of Evil. One must strike at the root.

I still think the most dangerous thing to the Elite is a people United, which is exactly why Donnay made the statement about Divide and Conquer. Thus, turning the Minions against their Puppet Masters. We say "wake up" quite a bit. But how exactly do we do that without causing harm or giving reason for them to continue to hate us? For those that can be awakened, I think it is possible that reminding them that they are "defending their group" and "remind them of their individuality" is a Humane solution. It is what we all want also.

Its possible I am entirely wrong on this also, to which I will admit.
    I will always hold out the olive branch but we must keep them from slitting our throats until they accept it.

Striking at the root is very good but if the branches keep you from reaching it or try to strangle you then they too must be dealt with.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

On point
    and man am I trying...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

God knows exactly what is going on, and He is not a respecter of persons. He sent us a Book that lays it all out. Nevertheless, we all have free will and we can either walk in HIS ways and follow HIS laws or not. There will be no peace on earth until Satan is destroyed.

ETA:

Romans 2:11 (KJV)
    11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

The only true liberty we have is through God, and it will not come by man. I know, to some people, it seems too simple of an answer, because they have been ruled by man for so long.

Galatians 5:1 | KJV
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage

Galatians 5:13 | KJV
    For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

2 Corinthians 3:17 | KJV
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

John 8:36 | KJV
    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Isaiah 61:1 | KJV
    The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me;
    because the Lord hath anointed me
    to preach good tidings unto the meek;
    he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim liberty to the captives,
    and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.

John 8:32 | KJV
    And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
    Last edited by donnay; 04-19-2019 at 12:00 PM.