Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IL - Fed judge rules illegal invaders have 2nd amendment rights

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's actually really hilarious that that's how it's being framed by... certain people.

Those same people would ordinarily have a very positive opinion of someone using a gun to defend a business during a BLM protest.
    Im loving this thread
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    No, but they do like finding ways to get Republicans to support and endorse more government control of things (especially at the federal level).

Not that Republicans were ever really all that disinclined in that regard to begin with.
    //

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Fed judge rules illegal invaders have 2nd amendment rights
    To play devil's advocate, the statement and principal that everyone has rights, including second amendment rights, is agreeable to me.

In this case, the devil is the leftist strategy behind this. It's both a troll of gun rights advocates by the left, and an attempt to get people other than their leftist cult to agree on limiting gun rights.

But gun rights is a completely separate issue, no matter how they may want to convolute the other crimes with it. If he committed crimes such as shooting at people, he should be tried and pay the price. If he has engaged in illegal immigration, he should also be punished according to the law for that, which includes due process, and should eventually result in deportation.

And none of this in any way contradicts border or entry policy and laws which control who enters the US.

Here's a less nuanced take from the Libertarian Party, which I agree with:

https://twitter.com/LPNational/statu...27946319430131
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    So I have a bit of a nuanced take on this...

The Bill of Rights is inaccurately named. It doesn't grant any rights, it merely prohibits government from infringing on natural rights that preexisted government. Should have been called "The Bill of Limitations" but the Federalists had to market the thing.

Also, just because someone breaks the law doesn't mean ALL of their rights are (or should be) taken away from them. For example, white collar criminals should not lose their right to keep and bear arms because they committed credit card fraud for instance. Likewise, if someone came into the country illegally, they still have natural rights, and they are still guilty of unlawful behavior, but that doesn't mean by default they should be unable to exercise their right to keep and bear arms (for self defense) if they are not committing violent acts.

In short, the Bill of Rights stops government from infringing on the natural rights of everyone the government interacts with, not just citizens. Crossing the border illegally is a separate crime but those individuals are/should still be afforded the same protections from government infringement on their natural rights, some of which include free speech, right to keep and bear arms, etc. And yes, they should also be afforded due process too.

Again, just my opinion.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    wait, now demoncrats like guns?
    Only when they can tie them to illegal immigrants... they will agree to enforce immigration law after you agree to repeal the Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    No, but they do like finding ways to get Republicans to support and endorse more government control of things (especially at the federal level).

Not that Republicans were ever really all that disinclined in that regard to begin with.
    Yep, that's the agenda here.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I guess randomly popping at passing cars is ok , ill need to remember
    Depends upon who you are comrade. Thought criminals will be prosecuted. Some animals are more equal.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    In this case, the devil is the leftist strategy behind this. It's both a troll of gun rights advocates by the left, and an attempt to get people other than their leftist cult to agree on limiting gun rights.
    The same dynamic is occurring here:
    THREAD: WA - state supreme court rules bar exam no longer required to practice law
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-24-2024 at 04:21 PM.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Are these illegals from the British Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Are these illegals from the British Isles?
    No...no they are not.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123