Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul assaulted at Kentucky home (UPDATE: 6 broken ribs)

It appears Rand's condition is getting worse, not better

Since the attack, my husband Rand Paul hasn't taken a single breath without pain

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 8:04 AMUpdated: Nov 22, 2017 8:04 AM

By Kelley Paul
    Editor's note: Kelley Paul is the wife of Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. The opinions expressed in this commentary are hers.

(CNN) -- The average person takes 20,000 breaths a day. Since November 3, my husband, Rand Paul, has not taken a single one without pain. He has not had a single night's sleep uninterrupted by long periods of difficult breathing or excruciating coughing.

As his wife, I have been distraught over seeing him suffer like this. There have been several nights where I had my hand on my phone ready to call 911 when his breathing became so labored it was terrifying.

Despite this, he refused to give in to the pain and was determined to fly back to Washington last week to do his job. As we walked through the airport returning from D.C., he was shivering with a 102.5 fever, and the next morning his internist diagnosed pneumonia in his damaged lung.

It is incredibly hurtful that some news outlets have victimized Rand a second time as he struggles to recover, delighting in hateful headlines like "Not A Perfect Neighbor," and concocting theories about an "ongoing dispute," based on nothing more than speculation from an attention-seeking person with no knowledge of anything to do with us.

The fact is, neither Rand nor I have spoken to the attacker in 10 years (since before his wife and children moved away) other than a casual wave from the car. Nobody in our family has, nor have we communicated with anyone in his family. With Rand's travel to D.C. in the last seven years, he has rarely seen this man at all.

The only "dispute" existed solely in the attacker's troubled mind, until, on a beautiful autumn day, he ran down the hill on our property and slammed his body into Rand's lower back as he stood facing away, wearing noise canceling headphones to protect his ears from the lawnmower.

This was not a "scuffle," a "fight" or an "altercation," as many in the media falsely describe it. It was a deliberate, blindside attack. The impact left Rand with six broken ribs, three displaced, pleural effusion and now pneumonia. This has been a terrible experience; made worse by the media's gleeful attempts to blame Rand for it, ridiculing him for everything from mowing his own lawn to composting.

This Thanksgiving weekend, instead of playing golf with his sons or enjoying our annual touch football game with family and neighbors, Rand will be in pain. But we will still be grateful for the love of our large and supportive family, and for the encouragement and prayers of hundreds of kind and thoughtful people during these last weeks.

Editor's note: Rene Albert Boucher, a neighbor of Senator Paul's, has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor assault. His attorney Matthew Baker told CNN in an interview for a story published November 9 that Boucher, an anesthesiologist, regrets the incident. "If he had to do it over again, I can assure you it would have been handled much more diplomatically," Baker said. The attorney, asked about the motive, said "we should believe" a neighbor, Jim Skaggs, who told CNN there has been a "long-running disagreement" over property maintenance. Baker also said, in a statement, "We sincerely hope that Sen. Paul is doing well and that these two gentlemen can get back to being neighbors as quickly as possible."

TM & © 2017 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
    http://www.kxlf.com/story/36904841/s...h-without-pain
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^ A damn shame!!

He needs to just stay home and do whatever it takes to get better.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

. The attorney, asked about the motive, said "we should believe" a neighbor, Jim Skaggs, who told CNN there has been a "long-running disagreement" over property maintenance. Baker also said, in a statement, "We sincerely hope that Sen. Paul is doing well and that these two gentlemen can get back to being neighbors as quickly as possible.

The attorney is also saying that is client didnt batter Rand Paul with this "not guilty" plea. Seems that the media is putting a bit much faith into this one, probably to serve their own political interests. They should be exposed, once again, now and after the trial.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Since the attack, my husband Rand Paul hasn't taken a single breath without pain

By Kelley Paul
    Updated 10:05 AM ET, Wed November 22, 2017

The average person takes 20,000 breaths a day. Since November 3, my husband, Rand Paul, has not taken a single one without pain. He has not had a single night's sleep uninterrupted by long periods of difficult breathing or excruciating coughing.

As his wife, I have been distraught over seeing him suffer like this. There have been several nights where I had my hand on my phone ready to call 911 when his breathing became so labored it was terrifying.

Despite this, he refused to give in to the pain and was determined to fly back to Washington last week to do his job. As we walked through the airport returning from D.C., he was shivering with a 102.5 fever, and the next morning his internist diagnosed pneumonia in his damaged lung.

It is incredibly hurtful that some news outlets have victimized Rand a second time as he struggles to recover, delighting in hateful headlines like "Not A Perfect Neighbor," and concocting theories about an "ongoing dispute," based on nothing more than speculation from an attention-seeking person with no knowledge of anything to do with us.

The fact is, neither Rand nor I have spoken to the attacker in 10 years (since before his wife and children moved away) other than a casual wave from the car. Nobody in our family has, nor have we communicated with anyone in his family. With Rand's travel to D.C. in the last seven years, he has rarely seen this man at all.

The only "dispute" existed solely in the attacker's troubled mind, until, on a beautiful autumn day, he ran down the hill on our property and slammed his body into Rand's lower back as he stood facing away, wearing noise canceling headphones to protect his ears from the lawnmower.

This was not a "scuffle," a "fight" or an "altercation," as many in the media falsely describe it. It was a deliberate, blindside attack. The impact left

Rand with six broken ribs, three displaced, pleural effusion and now pneumonia. This has been a terrible experience; made worse by the media's gleeful attempts to blame Rand for it, ridiculing him for everything from mowing his own lawn to composting.

This Thanksgiving weekend, instead of playing golf with his sons or enjoying our annual touch football game with family and neighbors, Rand will be in pain. But we will still be grateful for the love of our large and supportive family, and for the encouragement and prayers of hundreds of kind and thoughtful people during these last weeks.

Editor's note: Rene Albert Boucher, a neighbor of Senator Paul's, has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor assault. His attorney Matthew Baker told CNN in an interview for a story published November 9 that Boucher, an anesthesiologist, regrets the incident. "If he had to do it over again, I can assure you it would have been handled much more diplomatically," Baker said. The attorney, asked about the motive, said "we should believe" a neighbor, Jim Skaggs, who told CNN there has been a "long-running disagreement" over property maintenance. Baker also said, in a statement, "We sincerely hope that Sen. Paul is doing well and that these two gentlemen can get back to being neighbors as quickly as possible."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/opinio...ion/index.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Just coming here to post this! + rep!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It's nice to see that the Editor is doing his part to keep this narrative alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    wtf??
    MSNBC spews hate at Rand constantly. They would be first to blame others for inciting violence if it had been one of their favorite Bolshevik politicians who had been assaulted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    It's nice to see that the Editor is doing his part to keep this narrative alive and kicking.
    They have no shame.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They have no shame.
    None.

I hope and pray Rand gets well soon. I feel so bad for him.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Just coming here to post this! + rep!
    I hope that fukkin guy gets hung by the balls.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Still only an assault in the fourth degree?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Although I'm not in favor of throwing the book at people.
    I really can't understand why this is so mild.
    "I am a bird"

I thought the local charges were going to be upgraded "anytime now", and where are the federal charges that were "coming soon".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I hardly see assault in the second degree as "throwing the book" at Bouchere. It is the crime that was committed under KY law and punishable by 5-10 yrs.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Leftist privilege, if the Dems get another president the freak will probably get a presidential medal of freedom.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I thought the local charges were going to be upgraded "anytime now", and where are the federal charges that were "coming soon".
    court cases hardly ever move fast.

508.020 Assault in the second degree.
    (1) A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when:
    (a) He intentionally causes serious physical injury to another person;
    or
    (b) He intentionally causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly
    weapon or a dangerous instrument; or
    (c) He wantonly causes serious physical injury to another person by means of a
    deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument.
    (2) Assault in the second degree is a Class C felony.
    Effective: January 1, 1975
    History: Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 66, effective January 1, 1975.

With pneumonia setting in I believe they could even charge with assault in the first. Though I don't think they could get a conviction...

508.010 Assault in the first degree.
    (1) A person is guilty of assault in the first degree when:
    (a) He intentionally causes serious physical injury to another person by means of
    a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument; or
    (b) Under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human
    life he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to
    another and thereby causes serious physical injury to another person
    (2) Assault in the first degree is a Class B felony.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-22-2017 at 01:31 PM.

508.020 Assault in the second degree.
    (1) A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when:
    (a) He intentionally causes serious physical injury to another person;
    or
    (b) He intentionally causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly
    weapon or a dangerous instrument; or
    (c) He wantonly causes serious physical injury to another person by means of a
    deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument.
    (2) Assault in the second degree is a Class C felony.
    Effective: January 1, 1975
    History: Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 66, effective January 1, 1975.

With pneumonia setting in I believe they could even charge with assault in the first. Though I don't think they could get a conviction...

508.010 Assault in the first degree.
    (1) A person is guilty of assault in the first degree when:
    (a) He intentionally causes serious physical injury to another person by means of
    a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument; or
    (b) Under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human
    life he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to
    another and thereby causes serious physical injury to another person
    (2) Assault in the first degree is a Class B felony.
    With his medical knowledge I think they could get a first degree conviction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

One of the worst comments section I've ever seen. People wishing for Paul's death, saying he deserved it, saying this is what he gets for standing with Trump (he often does not stand with Trump), trivializing the incident by continuing the landscaping narrative, etc. Man oh man..

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    One of the worst comments section I've ever seen. People wishing for Paul's death, saying he deserved it, saying this is what he gets for standing with Trump (he often does not stand with Trump), trivializing the incident by continuing the landscaping narrative, etc. Man oh man..
    Put the comment section down.

Problem solved.
    No - No - No - No

Leftist are the most vile, spiteful and viscious people on the planet.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Leftist are the most vile, spiteful and viscious people on the planet.
    Nazis with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Nazis with a smile.
    A very crooked smile...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Yeah, I don't even recall McCain getting that kind of hate with his health problems!

Rand Paul’s Injuries May Dog Him for Months, Even Years
    The senator from Kentucky was blindsided by a neighbor, who attacked him from behind as he stepped off a riding mower

by Jim Stinson
    28 Nov 2017

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is still in quite a bit of pain from his rib injuries, according to his wife — and he suffers every time he draws breath.

Paul can expect the road to recovery to be difficult but not lifelong, said a trauma expert familiar with the treatment of broken ribs and related illnesses caused by such fractures.

"Patients are in a significant amount of pain," said Dr. Elliott R. Haut of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, speaking to LifeZette on Monday. "Rib fractures hurt a lot ... You don't quite breathe normally. You're taking smaller, shallow breaths."

Trauma surgeons like Haut take rib fractures very seriously, he said, because the older the patient, the more likely the fractures can cause death at the time of injury.

"Rib fractures are a really big deal," said Haut, who has a medical degree and a Ph.D. "They kill a lot of people, especially elderly patients. You don't need to be 90. Even for patients in their 50s, they can get knocked back."

The good news, said Haut (who has not treated the senator), is that most people with multiple broken ribs recover in time without crippling or noticeable pain through the rest of their lives — although lifelong pain is a small possibility.

Still, Paul can expect a recovery taking as many as two to three months.

read more:
    http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/r...im-for-months/

full interview tonight on Fox News Special Report at 6 pm ET

Rand Paul Gives First Interview Since Assault to Fox News

Nov 28, 2017

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) spoke to Fox News medical correspondent Dr. Marc Siegel in his first interview since he was assaulted outside his Kentucky home earlier this month.

Paul suffered six broken ribs and a buildup of excess fluid in his lungs when, according to the senator, a neighbor tackled him from behind while he was mowing his lawn.

"I was working in my yard with my ear muffs on to protect my hearing from mower. And I had gotten off the mower facing downhill, and the attacker came running," Paul said. "I never saw him, never had a conversation. In fact, the weird thing is I haven't talked to him in ten years."

Siegel asked if Paul has any idea what might have been going through the attacker's head.

"I didn't before the attack because we had no conversation. After my ribs were broken, then he said things to me to try to indicate he was unhappy," Paul said, adding that there isn't any justification for attacking someone from behind, whether it's over yard clippings or politics.

read more:
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/2...-was-assaulted

He still has several more weeks of using breathing machines and doing breathing exercises before he's fully recovered, Siegel said.
    "His wife said that at night he struggles to breathe," Siegel said. "That's heroic as far as I'm concerned. It's nonpartisan and it's heroic. He's back at work, but he's still got a long road ahead of him."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/2...-was-assaulted

He is using Ibuprofen instead of opioids.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast