Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boston guy who works full time but can't afford rent kicked out of shelter in favor migrants

Steamboat Springs draws thousands of visitors every year thanks to its trademarked Champagne Snow powder and quaint charm.

But despite a $200 million investment to make it the state's second largest ski resort after Vail, many locals are being left out in the cold.

The housing crisis is so serious in the 13,000-people city, that the local hospital is losing job candidates left and right due to the surging real estate market.

The small mountain town, about a three-hour drive from Denver, cannot find a head of human resources for the city because the offered $167,000 salary will no longer put anyone in a position to buy a house in the area.

But it appears to be locals who are paying the true cost. Doctors willing to put down more than $1million on a house are repeatedly outbid by out-of-town buyers putting down all-cash, over-asking price offers.

According to an NBC report, the city's local ski resort has been leasing a hotel for its employees to live in because the homes they were once able to rent are now mostly on the market as expensive, short-term rentals for visitors.

Loryn Duke, the Steamboat ski resort's director of communications, told the outlet: "Houses used to be for employees and hotels for guests. Now houses are for guests and hotels are for employee housing".

Remote workers, short-term rental investors, and second-home buyers have swept in and caused home prices to essentially double with no sign that they will fall anytime soon.

Since 2020, single-family home prices in Steamboat have increased by 80 percent to, on average, $1.8million. For already existing homeowners, their property taxes have shot up, on average by 86 percent.

Those numbers put even starter-home ownership out of reach for anyone making less than $200,000 annually, and even for that tier of income earner, the home prices make taking high-paying jobs in the area unattractive.

A local realtor for the past two-decades told NBC: 'We are seeing across all segments of the market even high-paid professionals, they're turning down jobs because they spend a little time looking at housing costs and they can't do it.

'The people who are coming here are paying a million dollars for an entry-level house - a totally entry-level, 50-year-old house.'

The hospital, in order to stop bleeding staff and potentially beckon professionals to fill positions, some of which have been open for two-years, has gone into the residential real estate field.

>>>The institution is currently building 42 apartments that will rent at rates no higher than about 30 percent of the given hospital employee's income.

In Steamboat, local officials are attempting to ease the strain by proposing building thousands of new housing units on a 534-acre ranch that the city's housing authority purchased with an anonymous $24million donation.

In phases, the office wants to build more than 2,200 units. Sale and rentals of the properties would be restricted to those who live locally on a fulltime basis and meet certain income requirements.

Even residents who are opposed to the project, believing it to be too large-scale a project for a city with limited infrastructure, understand that the housing issue is a real one.<<<

'It is hard because we are here to deliver health care, we're not here to deliver houses. Usually, if we have the dollars to spend, it is on state-of-the-art equipment and upgrading our facilities,' said Fidler.

Professional golf teacher Luis Gaspar lived in the city for six years before deciding to relocate.

He said when he first moved he found a one-bedroom apartment at Torian Plum Condominiums for $1,100 a month.

'Two years after that, it was $2,300 for a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment,' Gaspar told the Steamboat Pilot. 'That is a more than 100% increase in two years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Note where I put the ">>> <<<". See what's happening? The town is forced to expand to accommodate rich outsiders buying vacation getaways and Airbnb investments. The hospital has to divert resources for the same reason. How many small towns have someone willing to gift 24 million dollars to build targeted income housing or businesses willing to build apartments for employees? All of these properties have to be guarded from the rich gobbling them up so bureaucracy, rules and regs. Not very "free market" is it? Without those actions being taken, though, no affordable housing for the people who actually live there. You think the locals would be okay with less government in this crisis? I don't and that illustrates a problem that I don't think Libertarians really talk about. "The market" says the rich like this place and are gonna buy it out from under the locals and tough $#@!, too bad so sad - move if you can't afford to stay in your home/hometown.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what is happening is the damage of the money supply increases finally started to show up, the money supply has actually began to decrease by about a percent a yr past two as ordinary citizens savings were consumed by inlation expenditures but it hasnt slowed down and nobody knows how long it will take because it hadnt ever been overdone as much
    Do something Danke

Three corporations own 19,000 homes in the metro Atlanta area.

“A recent study by Georgia State University researchers found that three corporations own more than 19,000 homes in Atlanta’s five metro counties,” WSB-TV in Atlanta reports.

The study found that “Invitation Homes, Premium Partners (which operates Progress Residential), and Amherst Holdings (which operates Mainstreet Renewal) own around 11 percent of all single-family homes for rent in the state.”

“In smaller neighborhoods, sometimes that’s upwards of 50 percent,” GSU professor Taylor Shelton said. “Just a decade ago or so ago, none of these companies even existed.”

“The homes that most of these companies are buying are exactly the kind of homes that 15, 20, 30 years ago would have been starter homes,” Shelton added. “Whether you are renting or buying, the effect of these companies is they are driving up prices for everybody.”

This is one more salvo in the left’s favorite motto: You will own nothing and be happy.

The Great Reset, baby.

Three corporations have been allowed to swallow up 19,000 single-family homes in Atlanta. I wonder… How many homes are owned by smaller corporations? According to the video report above, the top ten corporations vacuuming up these properties own 30,000 (!!!!!!!) of Atlanta’s single-family homes.

Cont., with video at link: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-corporations/

This is catastrophic and happening all over the country. Conservatives and libertarians (fat chance) need to address this. With this and the border invasion, the writing is on the wall that a global, feudal plantation is being established. You will own nothing and the feudal lords will own everything. It's some sick British model. This is how the royal family makes their money - as landLORDS - only the royal family is probably less ruthless when it comes to jacking up the rent than all of the hot shot, nouveau riche greedy $#@!s buying up these homes here. I know I've already said it but this a recipe for communism. It's "unsustainable" to use the commies own term. As the prices get jacked up there will be a demand for government subsidized housing. Look at the UK with all of their "council housing". Same $#@!. The only way to deal with this is - dirty word - regulation and passing laws to halt it. If it's not done, the aforementioned happens.

The regulation and laws need to happen at the local level. Here's my thinking on that that protects the rights of private property. I'd like some feedback on this:

Outlaw anyone - individual or corporation owning anything more than ONE rental property. That can be a single family home or one apartment complex. Put a time limit of like a year-18 months for that to happen. Failure to sell off additional properties would result in - I dunno - property taxes being tripled, a forced auction or something. This will cause a massive sell off residential properties and drive real estate prices down, fast.

Not sure if the above would address the Airbnb problem, which also massive, but it would limit ownership of any such property because of the one allowed rental law.

I know that investors would scream about private property and lawsuits would ensue but I don't see it as interfering with private ownership as everyone would own their own home, if they chose, and everyone could own one rental property. It simply stops monopolies by current and potential feudal lords.
    @Anti Federalist @acptulsa @RJB @Brian4Liberty @PAF @familydog @TheTexan @Snowball
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

It's another bubble, and like all bubbles, the Fed has more to do with it than the new tech like Air B&B. Yes, that's turning houses into hotel suites, which in turn is turning motels into residential slums. But this is every inch a symptom of the process of the rich getting richer and the poor being bled dry.

This housing bubble will pop, like in '08.

Ban houses and the housing problem goes away overnight
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's another bubble, and like all bubbles, the Fed has more to do with it than the new tech like Air B&B. Yes, that's turning houses into hotel suites, which in turn is turning motels into residential slums. But this is every inch a symptom of the process of the rich getting richer and the poor being bled dry.

If that happens it will drop prices somewhat but it won't change corporations buying up residential housing.

-GLP poster

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Ban houses and the housing problem goes away overnight
    Hmm, sounds like an agenda 2030 plan.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    The regulation and laws need to happen at the local level. Here's my thinking on that that protects the rights of private property. I'd like some feedback on this:

Outlaw anyone - individual or corporation owning anything more than ONE rental property. That can be a single family home or one apartment complex. Put a time limit of like a year-18 months for that to happen. Failure to sell off additional properties would result in - I dunno - property taxes being tripled, a forced auction or something. This will cause a massive sell off residential properties and drive real estate prices down, fast.

Not sure if the above would address the Airbnb problem, which also massive, but it would limit ownership of any such property because of the one allowed rental law.

I know that investors would scream about private property and lawsuits would ensue but I don't see it as interfering with private ownership as everyone would own their own home, if they chose, and everyone could own one rental property. It simply stops monopolies by current and potential feudal lords.
    @Anti Federalist @acptulsa @RJB @Brian4Liberty @PAF @familydog @TheTexan @Snowball
    Before we address solutions, it's good to properly diagnose the problem, and come to agreement on that.

If the problem is lack of affordable housing, then we can address that.

If the problem is "rich people own too much stuff", then we will have to debate whether that is an actual problem, or just a Marxist talking point.

So what causes lack of affordable housing? We have to start with supply and demand.

Can the supply be increased? That is difficult. Most land anywhere near an urban or suburban area is already in use. And there is resistance to high density housing, for a lot of good reasons, especially quality of life. And in already occupied areas, there is a huge NIMBY factor. You want to build 10 story condos? Sorry, not next to my single story home. So increasing the supply is hard to do.

Can the demand be decreased? First of all, we have a huge demand increase caused by an influx of people. So right from the start, the biggest issue to address is immigration. Next, we can talk about addressing other types of demand.

Should residential homes become a commodity, traded minute by minute on the stock market, prone to bubbles, and exaggerated buying and selling? Probably not. Unfortunately, here is where some regulation may be in order. Should residential REITs be banned? That might be the least extreme option available.

Should residential property (or farmland for that matter) be sold to foreign interests? Once again, here is something that could be addressed that still is not draconian on average Americans. When wealthier nations decide to buy up land in cheaper nations, the solution is often restrictions on foreign ownership. This is an old solution. What is new is the fact that the US is becoming a poorer, cheaper nation than many others.

I suggest that those be tried first, before any other measures.

And obviously, the Federal Reserve (combined with government spending) essentially taking from the poor and giving to the rich is an over arching problem, which would be the single most important and highest priority item to fix.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Before we address solutions, it's good to properly diagnose the problem, and come to agreement on that.

If the problem is lack of affordable housing, then we can address that.

If the problem is "rich people own too much stuff", then we will have to debate whether that is an actual problem, or just a Marxist talking point.

So what causes lack of affordable housing? We have to start with supply and demand.

Can the supply be increased? That is difficult. Most land anywhere near an urban or suburban area is already in use. And there is resistance to high density housing, for a lot of good reasons, especially quality of life. And in already occupied areas, there is a huge NIMBY factor. You want to build 10 story condos? Sorry, not next to my single story home. So increasing the supply is hard to do.

Can the demand be decreased? First of all, we have a huge demand increase caused by an influx of people. So right from the start, the biggest issue to address is immigration. Next, we can talk about addressing other types of demand.

Should residential homes become a commodity, traded minute by minute on the stock market, prone to bubbles, and exaggerated buying and selling? Probably not. Unfortunately, here is where some regulation may be in order. Should residential REITs be banned? That might be the least extreme option available.

Should residential property (or farmland for that matter) be sold to foreign interests? Once again, here is something that could be addressed that still is not draconian on average Americans. When wealthier nations decide to buy up land in cheaper nations, the solution is often restrictions on foreign ownership. This is an old solution. What is new is the fact that the US is becoming a poorer, cheaper nation than many others.

I suggest that those be tried first, before any other measures.

And obviously, the Federal Reserve (combined with government spending) essentially taking from the poor and giving to the rich is an over arching problem, which would be the single most important and highest priority item to fix.
    Here's the answer about all of it and should explain why action has to be taken such I suggested:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post7218087

-GLP poster

This conversation is intricately connected to an issue I raised in the Economy forum years ago.
    I've left a new post there explaining my assessment of what's really happening.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post7218131
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This conversation is intricately connected to an issue I raised in the Economy forum years ago.
    I've left a new post there explaining my assessment of what's really happening.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post7218131
    Very detailed and well thought out post. Would agree with this, which I linked in my above post, and would you conclude that Agenda 2030 which the climate change BS, mass migration and gobbling up housing stock by corps is driven by the banks, as you've laid out?

The left blames mass migration on climate change because it's the same agenda: Agenda 2030. The purpose behind all of it is to create a global feudal plantation. A piece of this puzzle that just came together for me is that this connected to the buying up residential properties by corporations. It's part of Agenda 2030!!! That's why Blackrock, Vanguard, etc, are backing the multiple corps doing the real estate buying. Again, you will own nothing and the feudal lords will own everything. When housing is out of reach people demand government subsidized housing. When you're dependent on government housing, the government can dictate where you live and it will be cities, exactly as Agenda 2030 aims for. Sheeeit, three major conspiracies are really one.

-GLP poster

"The market" says the rich like this place and are gonna buy it out from under the locals and tough $#@!, too bad so sad - move if you can't afford to stay in your home/hometown.
    That sure is a glass-is-half-empty way to look at a middle-class person being able to sell their small house for $1.8 million and move somewhere where they can buy a bigger house for $0.2 million and pocket $1.6 million.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Somewhat related:

College junior, 21, beats Republican, 81, who has served for 20 years in GOP primary: North Carolina student who ran because his rights were 'stripped' during COVID

A 21-year-old North Carolina college student is headed to the general election in November after ousting a Republican state lawmaker who has served 20 years in the state House.

Wyatt Gable won the Republican primary against 10-term incumbent George Cleveland in a race for the North Carolina House District 14 seat by 95 votes.
    He told Fox News he wants to use imminent domain to buy back land owned by the Chinese Communist Party in his state.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Very detailed and well thought out post. Would agree with this, which I linked in my above post, and would you conclude that Agenda 2030 which the climate change BS, mass migration and gobbling up housing stock by corps is driven by the banks, as you've laid out?

The left blames mass migration on climate change because it's the same agenda: Agenda 2030. The purpose behind all of it is to create a global feudal plantation. A piece of this puzzle that just came together for me is that this connected to the buying up residential properties by corporations. It's part of Agenda 2030!!! That's why Blackrock, Vanguard, etc, are backing the multiple corps doing the real estate buying. Again, you will own nothing and the feudal lords will own everything. When housing is out of reach people demand government subsidized housing. When you're dependent on government housing, the government can dictate where you live and it will be cities, exactly as Agenda 2030 aims for. Sheeeit, three major conspiracies are really one.
    Blackrock is an arm of the cabal, but Vanguard is not. The only reason why Vanguard is such a broad owner is because they started so many index funds and mutual funds over many decades. They are just a broad market participant without the same type of purpose-driven agenda that Blackrock directs. Agenda 2030 is just the public narrative for what I described and you mention. They have "lit" and "dark" narratives, along with their "lit" and "dark" markets. Concerning the climate operations, there is most certainly real global warming and there is indeed a crisis, however, it's how they use that crisis to further their plans, which involves the control grid and the fraudulent solutions, like batteries, solar and wind, these programs exist as handouts to their political puppets who make many millions in dollars off their implementation, so it's a payoff for subservience.

On the military and commerical side, the development, expansion of infrastructure, footprint, transportation access and deforestation, ecological warfare and intentional fires, weather patterns managed and controlled by electro-magnetic atmospheric heaters like Haarp and Nexrad, they are all part of the control grid. What I'm saying is that they intentionally make the climate crisis, it is real, but it's happening because of their own policies that are destructive towards the environment, and they have the ability to change weather patterns and weaponize the skies. They intentionally caused the problem, reaction, and "solution", as it unfolds.
    Last edited by Snowball; 03-07-2024 at 12:04 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is this really a suggestion on this forum? Rents would explode exponentially to prices nobody thought possible. Get rid of money printing from the Fed and this problem goes away overnight. Also remove all the absolutely absurd and large permit costs and housing construction will explode. About five years ago I was looking at building my own house in the Seattle area because houses are so overpriced and had no relation to reality. I found out that the costs for permits in King county would be over $200k.

This is the answer. Less government intervention and let the market fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    That's actually their M.O.

That's actually their M.O.
    Overregulating and printing money constitute less intervention in the market now?

Overregulating and printing money constitute less intervention in the market now?
    Uncaptured financial regulation is not operational.
    Printing money is a function of the Fed's independence and unaccountability, which benefitted from all the deregulation.
    It's how they consolidated their ownership, like when brokerages and banks were allowed to merge. Putting this in place at the turn of the milennium right before 9/11 occurred was a key change in capturing the American financial landscape.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%...0%93Bliley_Act
    Last edited by Snowball; 03-07-2024 at 03:04 PM.

Is this really a suggestion on this forum? Rents would explode exponentially to prices nobody thought possible. Get rid of money printing from the Fed and this problem goes away overnight. Also remove all the absolutely absurd and large permit costs and housing construction will explode. About five years ago I was looking at building my own house in the Seattle area because houses are so overpriced and had no relation to reality. I found out that the costs for permits in King county would be over $200k.

How is ownership of rental properties spread out over far more owners going to make rents skyrocket? Rents have and already are skyrocketing, along with the price of buying a house.

-GLP poster

Blackrock is an arm of the cabal, but Vanguard is not. The only reason why Vanguard is such a broad owner is because they started so many index funds and mutual funds over many decades. They are just a broad market participant without the same type of purpose-driven agenda that Blackrock directs. Agenda 2030 is just the public narrative for what I described and you mention. They have "lit" and "dark" narratives, along with their "lit" and "dark" markets. Concerning the climate operations, there is most certainly real global warming and there is indeed a crisis, however, it's how they use that crisis to further their plans, which involves the control grid and the fraudulent solutions, like batteries, solar and wind, these programs exist as handouts to their political puppets who make many millions in dollars off their implementation, so it's a payoff for subservience.

On the military and commerical side, the development, expansion of infrastructure, footprint, transportation access and deforestation, ecological warfare and intentional fires, weather patterns managed and controlled by electro-magnetic atmospheric heaters like Haarp and Nexrad, they are all part of the control grid. What I'm saying is that they intentionally make the climate crisis, it is real, but it's happening because of their own policies that are destructive towards the environment, and they have the ability to change weather patterns and weaponize the skies. They intentionally caused the problem, reaction, and "solution", as it unfolds.
    If you look at who owns what, you'll find that Blackrock and Vanguard are the majority share holders of each other. The same is true with other large concerns like them. State Street, I believe is another.

-GLP poster

How is ownership of rental properties spread out over far more owners going to make rents skyrocket? Rents have and already are skyrocketing, along with the price of buying a house.
    Is this a joke question or something? I'm seriously asking. How is this even a discussion I'm having on this forum? If people are only allowed one investment property, then the amount of investment properties is going to go down exponentially. Most people don't have investment properties, so the few that do, will be limited to one. All of a sudden, most rentals are off the market, and the few remaining ones will be offered at a massive premium.

Is this a joke question or something? I'm seriously asking. How is this even a discussion I'm having on this forum? If people are only allowed one investment property, then the amount of investment properties is going to go down exponentially. Most people don't have investment properties, so the few that do, will be limited to one. All of a sudden, most rentals are off the market, and the few remaining ones will be offered at a massive premium.
    Those single family homes, which were for sale, were bought up by corporations to turn them into rentals. There's a certain profile used for renters and once the renters are in, the rent is jacked way up. That is increasing rents, overall, because most of them are priced using some algorithm service used by these corps, that comes up with the highest price possible, which drives all rents in the area up. There have articles about this for years. Perhaps you've just never read them. It's a real problem. Do you want to see an Agenda 2030 situation where people are priced out of buying their own homes? That's what's happening. Like the WEF video stated, you'll own nothing and you'll be happy and anything you need you'll rent - from the new feudal lords, of course. But, their properties will be way overpriced, which they'll get away with because they'll control the market for single family homes and that will force people into apartments and government subsidized housing.

-GLP poster

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those single family homes, which were for sale, were bought up by corporations to turn them into rentals. There's a certain profile used for renters and once the renters are in, the rent is jacked way up. That is increasing rents, overall, because most of them are priced using some algorithm service used by these corps, that comes up with the highest price possible, which drives all rents in the area up. There have articles about this for years. Perhaps you've just never read them. It's a real problem. Do you want to see an Agenda 2030 situation where people are priced out of buying their own homes? That's what's happening. Like the WEF video stated, you'll own nothing and you'll be happy and anything you need you'll rent - from the new feudal lords, of course. But, their properties will be way overpriced, which they'll get away with because they'll control the market for single family homes and that will force people into apartments and government subsidized housing.
    You're just mixing leftist gibberish and trying to add catch phrases like WEF and Agenda 2030 to try obfuscate it. Prices are high for one reason and one reason only. Trillions pumped out by the federal reserve. Explain exactly how your leftist plan eliminates people being forced into government housing, when that's all that will be a available. Government intervention is always the best bet right? Why not add rent control to really "help" raise prices.

You're just mixing leftist gibberish and trying to add catch phrases like WEF and Agenda 2030 to try obfuscate it. Prices are high for one reason and one reason only. Trillions pumped out by the federal reserve. Explain exactly how your leftist plan eliminates people being forced into government housing, when that's all that will be a available. Government intervention is always the best bet right? Why not add rent control to really "help" raise prices.
    Alright, you've obviously not read the thread nor do you seem to comprehend anything about any of this or you would understand that what's happening is, indeed, the WEF/UN Agenda 2030 plan and it is they who are the leftists, not me. Their plan is communism for the plantation while they're the lords and masters who own it all - hence buying up single family housing to turn it all into rentals. If you had a genuine interest in any of this you'd exhibit a modicum of familiarity or curiosity, which you have not. Mass migration, the climate agreements (transfer of wealth) and destroying individual home ownership are all the same agenda - UN Agenda 2030, which is the same agenda being pushed by the WEF. These are not "catch phrases". They are real organizations, with real people, who have the money and power to bring about everything we're seeing happen. If you aren't interested enough to have a serious conversation about it then you do you. I will leave with this, though, and you can take note of the target year that the WEF sets as it's goal. You might also take the time to view @Anti Federalist 's invasion thread:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/e6rmG1ZMyOoS/

-GLP poster

You might also take the time to view @Anti Federalist 's invasion thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...9-Invasion-USA

She's right and so are you.

Yes, the fed exploding the money supply is part of this.

But the millions and millions and millions of invaders that are now here over just the last three years all need to eat sleep and $#@! somewhere. That drives up prices in a market that was already tight to begin with.

Gov debt is now the single biggest federal gov expenditure. That drives up interest rates for everybody.

Massive real estate buys by companies like Blackrock push scarcity and costs even more.

Immediate solutions?

Stop the spending. Veto any deficit budget, better yet, refuse to pass out the house or senate, any deficit budget.

Audit the fed. Put them on notice that they are soon going to be brought in check.

Massive deportations. Deport the invading army by the millions. You cannot prove you are a citizen of the US, then out you $#@!ing go. ˇAfuera! That alone would free up millions of mostly low income housing units, increasing availability and driving costs down.

Pass legislation banning residential housing from being purchased by foreign interests or commercial investors or bundlers.

This is not a made up bull$#@! issue.

My daughter and her fiancé are trying to buy a home. Both of them are in their mid twenties, both have FICO scores over 800, both have excellent jobs and made a combined income well north of $100,000 a year.

They have done everything right, worked hard and kept their noses to the grindstone.

And they cannot safely afford a decent home to start a family at today's prices and interest rates.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

My daughter and her fiancé are trying to buy a home. Both of them are in their mid twenties, both have FICO scores over 800, both have excellent jobs and made a combined income well north of $100,000 a year.

They have done everything right, worked hard and kept their noses to the grindstone.

And they cannot safely afford a decent home to start a family at today's prices and interest rates.
    Which results in them being forced to rent in a market where corporations are driving up rents by gobbling up housing stock and jacking up rents! That results in making it harder or next to impossible to save for a down payment and if they're fortunate to accomplish saving that money, their competition for a single family home will be proxies of Blackrock, Vanguard, etc., who can and do outbid everyone.

-GLP poster

Which results in them being forced to rent in a market where corporations are driving up rents by gobbling up housing stock and jacking up rents! That results in making it harder or next to impossible to save for a down payment and if they're fortunate to accomplish saving that money, their competition for a single family home will be proxies of Blackrock, Vanguard, etc., who can and do outbid everyone.
    Exactly.

They are currently renting a two BR 800 sq/ft apartment which costs three time what my mortgage does.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Alright, you've obviously not read the thread nor do you seem to comprehend anything about any of this or you would understand that what's happening is, indeed, the WEF/UN Agenda 2030 plan and it is they who are the leftists, not me. Their plan is communism for the plantation while they're the lords and masters who own it all - hence buying up single family housing to turn it all into rentals. If you had a genuine interest in any of this you'd exhibit a modicum of familiarity or curiosity, which you have not. Mass migration, the climate agreements (transfer of wealth) and destroying individual home ownership are all the same agenda - UN Agenda 2030, which is the same agenda being pushed by the WEF. These are not "catch phrases". They are real organizations, with real people, who have the money and power to bring about everything we're seeing happen. If you aren't interested enough to have a serious conversation about it then you do you. I will leave with this, though, and you can take note of the target year that the WEF sets as it's goal. You might also take the time to view @Anti Federalist 's invasion thread:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/e6rmG1ZMyOoS/
    You're the one calling for government intervention against property rights. You fail to see how you're falling right in line with Marxist ideals, and you accuse me of not wanting to have a serious conversation. The answer is less government not more.

Since this is right out of the communist playbook, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that the senile pedophile's regime could pass your idea. You fail to explain how having less rental properties available will result in lower rents. This is an argument I would expect to have somewhere like WaPo, not a forum named after the biggest champion for free markets in over 100 years. Get rid of the Fed and let the markets correct, and we'll be talking about the opposite problem in a few years.

The markets were already starting to correct at the end of 2019/early 2020. The REPO markets were collapsing. Then they added 3 trillion federal reserve debt coupons into circulation and artificially low rates caused prices to skyrocket. Today prices are also starting to drop. Let markets fix this. We don't need communist solutions.

You're the one calling for government intervention against property rights. You fail to see how you're falling right in line with Marxist ideals, and you accuse me of not wanting to have a serious conversation. The answer is less government not more.

Since this is right out of the communist playbook, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that the senile pedophile's regime could pass your idea. You fail to explain how having less rental properties available will result in lower rents. This is an argument I would expect to have somewhere like WaPo, not a forum named after the biggest champion for free markets in over 100 years. Get rid of the Fed and let the markets correct, and we'll be talking about the opposite problem in a few years.

The markets were already starting to correct at the end of 2019/early 2020. The REPO markets were collapsing. Then they added 3 trillion federal reserve debt coupons into circulation and artificially low rates caused prices to skyrocket. Today prices are also starting to drop. Let markets fix this. We don't need communist solutions.
    What you're saying is that it would be Marxist to try to curtail the carrying out of an actual Marxist plan, Agenda 2030.

-GLP poster

What you're saying is that it would be Marxist to try to curtail the carrying out of an actual Marxist plan, Agenda 2030.
    No, he's saying that the homeopathic cure is much healthier than the Big Pharma chemical cure. Far fewer side effects. I know you want to be proactive, but being proactive got us here. A free market operating on sound money certainly didn't cause this.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-08-2024 at 11:30 AM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast