Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump claims neither war (Ukraine, Israel) would have happened if he were Potus..

Trump claims neither war (Ukraine, Israel) would have happened if he were Potus..

Trump: Hamas onslaught, Israel counter-attack wouldn’t have happened if I were president

“It would have never happened if I was president. Iran was broke… They had no money for Hamas, for Hezbollah, they were broke,” he says in a “Fox & Friends” phone interview.

“They wouldn’t have done it to me. I guarantee you that. They did this because they have no respect for Biden.”

Asked whether he supports the way the IDF is fighting in Gaza, Trump responds, “You’ve gotta finish the problem. You had a horrible invasion [that] took place.”

“Likewise, Russia would never never have attacked Ukraine. Never. You know it, everybody knows it. This is all on Biden.”

Asked whether he thinks US President Joe Biden is in the process of “abandoning Israel,” Trump responds, “I do believe that” before mocking his successor’s mental competence.

“It’s the fascists and the communists [who] surround him. They’re making the calls,” Trump claims.

Asked whether he supports US Vice President Kamala Harris’s call for a temporary ceasefire, Trump reiterates, “This attack on Israel, and likewise, Israel’s counter attack — which is what it is — would never have happened if I was president.”

He appears to again claim that the 2020 US election was stolen before saying, “all these people that are dead in Ukraine and Russia and Israel all these areas that are destroyed. People would be leading great lives right now.”

“We’re gonna end up in World War III,” Trump warns.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...ere-president/

takeway:
    - Trump's purported reason why Hamas wouldn't have swet into Israel taking hostages on Oct 7, namely, because Iran would be weaker and not suppplying them, rings hollow to anyone familiar with the situation.
    - Trump approves of the Israeli response, and says so.
    - Yet again, Trump provides zero reason as to why or how Ukraine wouldn't have happened.
    - Trump's lack of intelligent statements is a true insult to Americans. His braggadocio and base swagger is rather juvenile.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Clearly the real problem is that we aren't supporting Israel enough! Luckily Trump is just the right person to address that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    - Trump's lack of intelligent statements is a true insult to Americans. His braggadocio and base swagger is rather juvenile.
    On the contrary, those things are all as American as apple pie.

H.L. Mencken made numerous trenchant observations on this theme.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Trump claims neither war (Ukraine, Israel) would have happened if he were Potus..
    Of all the random and ignorant things Trump says, he is probably correct on that, for a variety of reasons other than "Trump is a bad ass". While Trump's unpredictability does give foreign leaders pause, the actions, corruption, and incompetence of the compromised Biden Admin are more to blame.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Clearly the real problem is that we aren't supporting Israel enough! Luckily Trump is just the right person to address that.
    If we give $5 billion to Iran, that's another $10 billion+ we have to give to Israel to protect them from the military aid we just gave Hamas. That's called funding both sides of a war.

Trump wants to defund Iran, which will significantly lower the amount we would need to give to Israel to protect themselves.

I'm all for defunding both, but obviously defunding Iran and reducing the amount we have to give to Israel to protect themselves from the military aid we give to Hamas is highly preferable over the status quo.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    On the contrary, those things are all as American as apple pie.

H.L. Mencken made numerous trenchant observations on this theme.

This movie was so far ahead of it's time, it's just absurd...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If we give $5 billion to Iran, that's another $10 billion+ we have to give to Israel to protect them from the military aid we just gave Hamas. That's called funding both sides of a war.

Trump wants to defund Iran, which will significantly lower the amount we would need to give to Israel to protect themselves.

I'm all for defunding both, but obviously defunding Iran and reducing the amount we have to give to Israel to protect themselves from the military aid we give to Hamas is highly preferable over the status quo.
    Let me guess: "defund Iran" is your rebrand of Trump pulling out of the nuclear deal to twist it into a good thing actually.

Your $5 billion to Iran isn't real and your logic of "actually He saved money by giving money to Israel" is abused-spouse levels of apologia.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You were already dead wrong at, "If we give... to Iran."

https://www.foreignassistance.gov/cd/iran/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Defund Iran"? We don't give money to Iran. It's explained here:
    https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...e2a54b2b002dad

Iran is not in a position of control over Hamas whatsoever. Iran gets most of its income from China, selling oil.
    Hamas doesn't even have any serious weapons like Hezbollah, which also had nothing to do with October 7th.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You were already dead wrong at, "If we give... to Iran."

https://www.foreignassistance.gov/cd/iran/
    Allow me to get my crystal ball out.

Part of the Iran deal involved lifting sanctions. Those sanctions included money that the US ordered frozen. Giving them their own money that we stole from them was spun as foreign aid and/or a bribe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_frozen_assets
    Pinochet is the model

Part of the Iran deal involved lifting sanctions. Those sanctions included money that the US ordered frozen. Giving them their own money that we stole from them was spun as foreign aid and/or a bribe.

yes, like every day and night by the likes of Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity. In between big pharma commercials, of course...

True. Putin wanted Biden to be president because he knew it would be a lot easier to invade Ukraine.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    "Defund Iran"? We don't give money to Iran. It's explained here:
    https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...e2a54b2b002dad

Iran is not in a position of control over Hamas whatsoever. Iran gets most of its income from China, selling oil.
    Hamas doesn't even have any serious weapons like Hezbollah, which also had nothing to do with October 7th.

So basically you're saying what I said is technically incorrect, but also you are admitting that Trump is correct.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump is right.

Iran has been at war with us since their revolution and both O'Bummer and Brandon gave aid and comfort to the enemy.
    The enemy gave aid and guidance to its proxies to attack Israel and us.
    Both also just directly gave money to Hamas and proxies of Hamas, Trump had cut off aid to them.

Ukraine wouldn't have happened because Trump would not have allowed Ukraine to provoke Russia.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ukraine wouldn't have happened because Trump would not have allowed Ukraine to provoke Russia.
    LOL. Ukraine was provoking Russia all throughout Trump's presidency.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    LOL. Ukraine was provoking Russia all throughout Trump's presidency.
    Not like what happened afterwards.
    And Trump was exposing their corruption, that was one of the reasons the Demoncrats tried to impeach and remove him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And Trump was exposing their corruption...
    Oh? How?

Oh? How?
    The perfect phone call about Biden getting the prosecutor fired for investigating Burisma.

Is your memory really this short? or is it just selective?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The perfect phone call about Biden getting the prosecutor fired for investigating Burisma.

Is your memory really this short? or is it just selective?
    I'm not surprised that you don't remember that I considered both impeachments hogwash because I didn't consider what Trump did to amount to anything at all, because you were too busy foaming at the mouth over Justin Amash at the time in a Nixonian loyalty fit. But I didn't think a phone call inquiring about whether something was ongoing amounted to anything at all then, when that was your position too. And I don't think it amounted to anything now, while you seem to be claiming Trump exposed everything single-handed, right down to buying that second hand laptop.

So basically you're saying what I said is technically incorrect, but also you are admitting that Trump is correct.
    No to both.
    Pinochet is the model

Iran has been at war with us since their revolution
    $#@!s sake, read a book.

If anything it's the complete opposite of that. We sanctioned them because they kicked out our favorite dictator, then repeatedly tried to overthrow their government over the course of a few decades.

You might as well say that Cuba has been at war with us, it's the exact same situation.

and both O'Bummer and Brandon gave aid and comfort to the enemy.
    Only in a Wormtongue world where words have no meaning.

The enemy gave aid and guidance to its proxies to attack Israel and us.
    Yes, definitely.

Both also just directly gave money to Hamas and proxies of Hamas, Trump had cut off aid to them.
    What aid did Trump cut off to Hamas?

Also, what proxies does Hamas have?

Trump sent more weapons and aid to Ukraine than either Obama or Biden did preinvasion.

If that's the cause of the provocation, then Trump was the one who provoked Russia.
    Pinochet is the model

I'm not surprised that you don't remember that I considered both impeachments hogwash because I didn't consider what Trump did to amount to anything at all, because you were too busy foaming at the mouth over Justin Amash at the time in a Nixonian loyalty fit. But I didn't think a phone call inquiring about whether something was ongoing amounted to anything at all then, when that was your position too. And I don't think it amounted to anything now, while you seem to be claiming Trump exposed everything single-handed, right down to buying that second hand laptop.
    Trump was exposing Ukrainian corruption, he would have gone farther if the left didn't tie him up in an impeachment for it.

You can drag in all the irrelevancies you want and it won't help.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump sent more weapons and aid to Ukraine than either Obama or Biden did preinvasion.

If that's the cause of the provocation, then Trump was the one who provoked Russia.
    Are you trying to confuse him with genuine, proven facts?

Won't work. He has made up his mind.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@!s sake, read a book.

If anything it's the complete opposite of that. We sanctioned them because they kicked out our favorite dictator, then repeatedly tried to overthrow their government over the course of a few decades.

You might as well say that Cuba has been at war with us, it's the exact same situation.
    In a war both sides are at war, it takes two to war.
    The cause of the war doesn't matter because they will not make peace.
    It's the same thing for Cuba.
    The causes of the two wars are complicated and neither side is "the good guy".

Yes, definitely.
    Strange that you now admit what you had denied.

What aid did Trump cut off to Hamas?

Also, what proxies does Hamas have?
    US stops all aid to Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47095082

Israel shares evidence of UNRWA employees involvement in Oct. 7

https://jewishinsider.com/2024/03/ha...-israel-hamas/

Weapons were not the provocation.
    The push to get them into NATO and to use them to retake Crimea was the provocation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you trying to confuse him with genuine, proven facts?

Won't work. He has made up his mind.
    He's using his and your favorite tactic of changing the subject using irrelevancies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In a war both sides are at war, it takes two to war.
    The cause of the war doesn't matter because they will not make peace.
    It's the same thing for Cuba.
    The causes of the two wars are complicated and neither side is "the good guy".
    This is how you think that everyone is everyone's enemy and everyone's at war. Seems ridiculous.

Strange that you now admit what you had denied.
    Strange that you are now making $#@! up.

Wait no,that's not strange, it's the norm.

US stops all aid to Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47095082

Israel shares evidence of UNRWA employees involvement in Oct. 7

https://jewishinsider.com/2024/03/ha...-israel-hamas/
    Collectivists gonna collectivize.

By that logic, you support the IDF.

Weapons were not the provocation.
    The push to get them into NATO and to use them to retake Crimea was the provocation.
    Things that never happened.
    Pinochet is the model

He's using his and your favorite tactic of changing the subject using irrelevancies.
    Got examples of me doing that? Or even of the straw man you like to slap my name on doing it?

Got examples of me doing that? Or even of the straw man you like to slap my name on doing it?
    Me: What about RFK's CIA campaign manager? (Not a whistleblower)

You: Not all CIA are bad, what about whistleblowers like Snowden?

Me: Look at this testimony about Pedos in Government

You: Don't Lynch people

There's lots more but that's enough and it's not worth my time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is how you think that everyone is everyone's enemy and everyone's at war. Seems ridiculous.
    LOL
    I never said that.
    But both Iran and Cuba have committed acts of war against us, continue to do so, and have never made peace.

Collectivists gonna collectivize.

By that logic, you support the IDF.
    Right, it's collectivizing to show that Trump cut aid to the Hamas government in Gaza that pays the terrorists and to the UN aid agency that gives them aid, including some members participating in terrorist attacks.
    Right.

And I have never done a thing for the IDF, I have repeatedly said we should stay out of it.
    But just keep bloviating nonsense, I want people to see it.

Things that never happened.
    Things that very much happened.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast