Thread: Let's Form the L.N.N. (Libertarian News Network)

Let's Form the L.N.N. (Libertarian News Network)

I think if Dr. Paul isn't successful in this election, his next step should be to start a movement to form a Libertarian news source. Maybe he should talk with Bloomberg, he seems disenfranchised enough with both parties right now.
    "So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"
    - Ayn Rand

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDW78 View Post
    I think if Dr. Paul isn't successful in this election, his next step should be to start a movement to form a Libertarian news source. Maybe he should talk with Bloomberg, he seems disenfranchised enough with both parties right now.
    I really like the idea of shaping the grassroots into an effective liberty movement. We have the skills, money and numbers.

I know there's alot of disagreement here regarding the illegal immigration issue, but NumbersUSA proved exceptionally effective at mobilizing supporters through their free faxing service during the last Amnesty debates. They were able to target Congress in an effective and timely manner with well-informed constituent phone calls and faxes. I'd love if we could put something similiar together. It could be issue based (you would only receive updates regarding issues important to you). I think it could be a powerful way to influence bad legislation. Imagine if we had had it during the voting for Patriot I and II?

As far as Bloomberg, I don't think so. He's a statist through and through. He's particularly horrible on 2nd amendment issues. Just my 2 cents.

It's a great idea, but instead of reinventing the wheel, let's improve upon the work already done by using, promoting and contributing to the expansion of existing information services like these:

Free Market News Network
    http://www.freemarketnews.com/

FMNN itself is an independent media solution, an Internet-grown, free-market alternative to mainstream media complexes. The key to our success lies in our commitment to peering behind Big Media mainstream reports to provide more accurate news and analysis in areas of politics, sociology, business and finance.

The New American
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/

The New American, a biweekly magazine, is the essential news source for freedom-loving Americans.

Our editorial point of view is guided by our support of the U.S. Constitution and the principles upon which our Constitution is based. Specifically, we want to restore and retain the values and vision that made America great — limited government under the Constitution, the freedoms our Constitution guarantees, and the personal responsibility a free people must exercise to stay free. In the area of foreign policy, our editorial point of view is based on avoiding foreign entanglements and going to war only when necessary to defend our country and citizens. Our purpose is encapsulated by the slogan appearing on the cover of The New American “That freedom shall not perish.”

As you can see, unlike myriad news organs that deceptively slant the news while claiming to be "objective," The New American forthrightly acknowledges an editorial point of view. But, that aside, we always approach the news honestly, relying on facts and reason to make our case and allowing the chips to fall where they may.
    Republic Magazine
    http://www.republicmagazine.com/

Learn about your true rights under the U.S. Constitution and know how to protect them. Help us WAKE UP AMERICA and restore our constitutional Republic.

Reliable Answers - News and Commentary
    http://reliableanswers.com/

Online News, Comentary and Information for independent thinkers and freedom lovers.

The Liberator Online
    http://www.theadvocates.org/publicat...or-online.html

The Liberator Online is a lively publication, full of news and analysis from a libertarian perspective. It exposes the latest government misdeeds. It answers the tough questions about libertarianism. It reports on libertarian celebrities. It publishes news about the World's Smallest Political Quiz and the Advocates. And it showcases what libertarians are doing to defend your freedoms.
    There are many others, some have already seen a great deal of success and others have a lot of potential. I didn't list the radio stations online and offline that liberty lovers have flocked to over the years. The key here is to become part of what is already out there. The common thread that binds everyone together in all these ventures is the common cause of freedom.
    "When Saddam flew that plane into those buildings, I knew it was time to kick some Iranian ass!" -cheer leading, flag waving American

How about CNN, the Constitutional News Network.

We could start our own bi-weekly/monthly online r[evol]ution zine (like a magazine, but a lot shorter, more underground), with online contributors ect.

Then we could organize info-bomb days in which all readers are too print out as many copies as they can, and drop them off around their local area.

Would be a cheap grass-roots way to keep the libertarian message going.
    "Every revolution was first a thought in one man's mind." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does anyone know who controls the satellites that send information around the world?

I think the best way to start an independent news network is to get 500,000 people to contact Dish Network. First, Dish Network is not owned by Murdick or is not that beholden to TPTB. Second, the half million Dish contactees (the potential / future subscribers) would need to donate /subscribe $40 a month for 18 months to raise a boatload of money to pay for operations of this new network and before we get real advertisers and not the "Call me now - Ms Cleo" type of advertisers. (I figure $350 million start up costs - a shot in the dark number.) And after that it takes off - two or three million viewers is not out of the range of possibilities.

However, any new news network would have to be free of Globalist / CFR / CIA influence and state so in it's mission statement, perhaps play on that fact. Additionally, it would need a range of different "programs" (hate to use the word) that would have parallels to the MSM such as "Meet the CFR Free Press" or "Face the Nation without a CIA filter" and maybe "This Week without a Globalist Lap Dog as Its Host."

Finally, I think it should be centrally located somewhere in the middle of the county ... hmmm ... Des Moines would be a good location. (I call I get to be vice president of sarcastic humorous show titles.)
    Last edited by John of Des Moines; 01-21-2008 at 04:10 PM.

How about "Meet Penn Gillette" ever Sunday morning? lol
    "So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?"
    - Ayn Rand

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd call it the Liberty News Network (people still have problems wrapping their brains arround the word 'libertarian'). The project should be a joint project of patriot and libertarian groups in order for the "no CFR/CIA/NWO" element to truly be part of the network mission statement. Otherwise, too many libertarians (who often have a very trusting view of the establishment) in control will say, "let's leave that conspiracy stuff out of this" and turn it into another mainstream-courting organ. This network's objective must be to be contrarian to the left-right paradigm and talk bluntly about cover-ups, and less about primary horseraces or missing women in Aruba.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

NO NO NO -- Libertarian kills us. It relegates us to 2% land. Conservative - American - anything like that. NOT Libertarian.
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | | | | | | | | | | | || | | | |

Reason #45 why it wont work...

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    I'd call it the Liberty News Network (people still have problems wrapping their brains arround the word 'libertarian'). The project should be a joint project of patriot and libertarian groups in order for the "no CFR/CIA/NWO" element to truly be part of the network mission statement. Otherwise, too many libertarians (who often have a very trusting view of the establishment) in control will say, "let's leave that conspiracy stuff out of this" and turn it into another mainstream-courting organ. This network's objective must be to be contrarian to the left-right paradigm and talk bluntly about cover-ups, and less about primary horseraces or missing women in Aruba.
    I like.....
    Liberty News Network
    If change is inevitable, predictable, beneficial, doesn't logic demand that you be a part of it? James T. Kirk

what does CFR/CIA/NWO stand for?
    - Ayn Rand

I think the easiest and most cost effective thing that could be done immediately would be to launch an online streaming Liberty News Network (I think that name sounds best too). It would be quite cheap to set up with only a couple million at most. It's a start that could easily boom to a point where it would be very easy to jump onto the airwaves. Especially since so many young people are joining this movement and young people wouldn't care about watching something on their laptop in their dorm rooms or on a tv set.
    - Ayn Rand

AHAHAH. i have been thinking about this for a while but it was nothing more than a cool fantasy. I like Liberty News network.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.