Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real ID mandated for 2017 by Homeland Security

Arrow Real ID mandated for 2017 by Homeland Security

Ron Paul has been warning us!!!

Been announced all morning by Head Line News

Homeland Security has mandated that ALL states replace the drivers licenses of its residents by the year 2017! with Real ID cards

This is NOT an option - So when did this pass congress or is this one of those items from that ream of paper (and many trees) that is referred to as the Patriot Act II?

This is pure crazy - When are we going to be Mad as Hell and not take it anymore?

The states are complaining that the Real ID is too expensive to produce

BizmanUSA

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Real ID was happening in May of this year, 2008. Has that changed or is it voluntary?
    Get Free Political Blogs about the best Candidate- Ron Paul or Email : you@ronpaulblogs.com

Fox News Conservative? - Download their 2008 Prez donations

Ron Paul to the rescue.

This will help the cause. People do not want "the mark of the beast."

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulblogsdotcom View Post
    I thought Real ID was happening in May of this year, 2008. Has that changed or is it voluntary?
    I didn't know it was actually ever authorized!

Wasn't that one of the debate issues??

Who needs an election when we have Home Land Security to think for us and enforce what we do?

Yeah, does anyone know what's going on with this yet? As I've understood it many states have passed legislation against it, but does that do anything to stop the federal legislation?

VA is fighting real ID legislation now.

anyone interested in helping email this guy. (not me)

allan AT ronintheoval DOT com
    Virginia - 8th Congressional District

Want to help Ron Paul in northern virginia? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by jaumen View Post
    Yeah, does anyone know what's going on with this yet? As I've understood it many states have passed legislation against it, but does that do anything to stop the federal legislation?
    Did I miss something?

When did it become federal legislation?

I know the Real ID has been HIGHLY debated but this announcement is/has made the 2nd Amendment HISTORY

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the media spin.

This is a VICTORY.

The new National ID card was supposed to be in place no later than 2008, but because we and the states have been raising hell about it, they graciously pushed back the compliance (God I hate that word anymore) dates to 2018.

17 states have said no.

Get the rest to say the same.

They can't arrest all of us.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Unfortunitely, my state is bending over backwards on this thing and LIKING IT!

I've been doing whatever I can to get the word out about it. I'm considering taking out a full page ad in the newspaper about it, which would also mention how RP is opposed to it if I did. It would also include a list of all the members of the NC Congressional delegation who voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FireofLiberty View Post

I've been doing whatever I can to get the word out about it. I'm considering taking out a full page ad in the newspaper about it, which would also mention how RP is opposed to it if I did. It would also include a list of all the members of the NC Congressional delegation who voted for it.
    North Carolina I'm assuming.

You guys also have the NAU hologram logo on your new "papers" as well.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by FireofLiberty View Post

Sounds like a great ad to me ---run it!

Really though, your state is bending over forwards and is gonna get it. Will they like it though? Hah!

Hope you can be a part of doing something about this for NC.

Drea

how about we get some REAL democracy instead?
    Bringing in Supporters One at a time!
    Become a Precinct Captain! http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BizmanUSA View Post
    Did I miss something?

When did it become federal legislation?

I know the Real ID has been HIGHLY debated but this announcement is/has made the 2nd Amendment HISTORY
    It was pushed through buried in some completely unrelated bill (some kind of foreign aid or something) awhile back... was supposed to go into effect in May, but from what people are saying here it sounds like it's been delayed by quite a few years. Now we just have to fight to get rid of the idea completely.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingpig View Post
    Got my vote for Ron Paul!

It was pushed through buried in some completely unrelated bill
    Emergency Spending Act in 2005

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was pushed through buried in some completely unrelated bill (some kind of foreign aid or something) awhile back... was supposed to go into effect in May, but from what people are saying here it sounds like it's been delayed by quite a few years. Now we just have to fight to get rid of the idea completely.
    Why can't we DEMAND that bills in congress be mandated to have no more than 10 directly related issues to the topic bill?

They restrict us so WE restrict them!

Yes this will increase the number of bills but no more sneaky "by the light of the midnight oil" passages that only the guilty know what's in it.

BTW, since we are counting into the trillions and beyond surely limiting the content segments would not be a issue - Hah, Bundle This!

BizmanUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    North Carolina I'm assuming.

You guys also have the NAU hologram logo on your new "papers" as well.
    Yeah, NC.

NAU hologram? Not sure what you're talking about but sounds horrible Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drea View Post
    Sounds like a great ad to me ---run it!

Really though, your state is bending over forwards and is gonna get it. Will they like it though? Hah!

Hope you can be a part of doing something about this for NC.

Drea
    I hope so too. The battle has just begun.

What's so bad about it is that back in Feb. of 2005 when The REAL ID Act was voted on seperately and failed my Congressman, Brad Miller, who I loathe, voted against it. I was so thrilled by his vote that despite how much I loathe him and despite how much we disagree on so many issues I sent a letter to the editor of my local newspaper praising him for his vote.

Then, a few months later, he turned around and voted for the appropriations bill with the REAL ID buried in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BizmanUSA View Post
    Ron Paul has been warning us!!!

Been announced all morning by Head Line News

Homeland Security has mandated that ALL states replace the drivers licenses of its residents by the year 2017! with Real ID cards

This is NOT an option - So when did this pass congress or is this one of those items from that ream of paper (and many trees) that is referred to as the Patriot Act II?

This is pure crazy - When are we going to be Mad as Hell and not take it anymore?

The states are complaining that the Real ID is too expensive to produce

BizmanUSA
    It was mandated in 2005? You're just now hearing about this?

P.S. Looks like the crazies have had to push back the master plan--at least to 2017. That gives us a tiny bit of breathing room. And for those of us born before 1964, we have a few more years before we're totally tracked. After that, it's a lead wallet!
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Last I heard, New Hampshire passed a law BANNING the REAL ID in their state. An outright ban. So we can move to at least one state. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Sadly, the states that are passing legislation against this will soon cave in when CONgress tells them that if they (the states) refuse to play ball..there goes their highway funds. This is the same garbage they used to get the seat-belt laws, 55 mph speed limits and all manner of other laws passed (supposedly at the state level). They just blackmail the states into doing what CONgress wants and how they get laws passed where the feds have no real authority. Just another problem with the income tax system. The feds steal OUR money and then use it to bribe/blackmail OUR states into rolling over for whatever the feds want to do.
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

I cannot find the link but last year sometime Utah said it would eliminate any drivers license before adopting a "REAL ID"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We will have world government by 2020."
    -David Rockefeller
    ~~~~

If a government cannot PROVE the honesty and accuracy of the elections by which they claim authority over the people, then the people are neither legally nor morally obligated to obey that government's dictates, fight its wars, nor pay its bills. - M. R.

Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    It was mandated in 2005? You're just now hearing about this?

P.S. Looks like the crazies have had to push back the master plan--at least to 2017. That gives us a tiny bit of breathing room. And for those of us born before 1964, we have a few more years before we're totally tracked. After that, it's a lead wallet!
    the media just found out about it, and so have most of americans (hopefully)
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    the media just found out about it, and so have most of americans (hopefully)
    Well, maybe the OLD media, but this has been all over the place on the Internet, the only true media left.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Quote Originally Posted by rollingpig View Post
    "REAL democracy" is how we got into this f*****g mess in the first place.

All the loss of freedom we are currently suffering stems from the ruling class selling us one simple word: DEMOCRACY!

We are not a democracy, never have been and were never intended to be. The founding fathers HATED democracy.

Please read your history.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstitutionGal View Post
    Sadly, the states that are passing legislation against this will soon cave in when CONgress tells them that if they (the states) refuse to play ball..there goes their highway funds. This is the same garbage they used to get the seat-belt laws, 55 mph speed limits and all manner of other laws passed (supposedly at the state level). They just blackmail the states into doing what CONgress wants and how they get laws passed where the feds have no real authority. Just another problem with the income tax system. The feds steal OUR money and then use it to bribe/blackmail OUR states into rolling over for whatever the feds want to do.
    There is hope!
    …some states have figured it out !!

State Legislation Rejecting REAL ID (17 total)
    • Tennessee, SJR 0248 (pdf) (html) (enrolled June 14, 2007)
    • South Carolina, S 449 (pdf) (html) (enrolled June 5, 2007)
    • Nebraska, (pdf) (html) (adopted May 30, 2007)
    • New Hampshire, HB 685 (pdf) (html) (adopted May 24, 2007)
    • Oklahoma, SB 464 (pdf) (Word) (approved May 23, 2007)
    • Illinois, HJR 0027 (pdf) (html) (adopted May 22, 2007)
    • Missouri, HCR 20 (pdf) (html) (adopted May 17, 2007)
    • Nevada, AJR 6 (pdf) (html) (enrolled May 14, 2007)
    • Colorado, HJR 1047 (pdf) (html) (signed May 14, 2007)
    • Georgia, SB 5 (pdf) (html) (signed May 11, 2007)
    • Hawaii, SCJ 31 (pdf) (html) (adopted April 25, 2007)
    • North Dakota, SCR 4040 (pdf) (html) (signed April 20, 2007)
    • Washington (pdf) (html) (signed April 18, 2007)
    • Montana, HB 287 (pdf) (html) (signed April 17, 2007)
    • Arkansas, SCR 22 (pdf) (signed March 28, 2007)
    • Idaho, HJM 3 (pdf) (html) (signed March 12, 2007)
    • Maine, SP 113 (pdf) (html) (adopted January 25, 2007)
    Obama is ...
    ... Not MY President !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast