Thread: Texas Primary questions

Texas Primary questions

I was browsing the web and noticed that the deadline to register is in February and the Primary date is in March....I thought Texas was part of Super Tuesday.

Can I get confirmation from some of yall on the registration deadline and primary date? I don't like how this is looking.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is not part of Super Tuesday, and is in early March.

Presidential Primary is March 4...for those outside the US such as military the deadline is March 10th...

Important dates for Texas:

January 2, 2008 - Last day to get on the ballot as a precinct or county chairperson. If you live in Texas and want to change the Republican Party, you must do this!

February 4, 2008 - Last day to register to vote in primary election

March 4, 2008 - Primary election day

Thanks for that Freedom...texas bump....

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Important dates for Texas:

January 2, 2008 - Last day to get on the ballot as a precinct or county chairperson. If you live in Texas and want to change the Republican Party, you must do this!
    What is this? There's a Jan 2nd deadline now? I haven't seen that brought up yet. Everyone has been telling me all you have to do is go vote on March 4th and then stick around for the precinct convention that day. Is that not true?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    What is this? There's a Jan 2nd deadline now? I haven't seen that brought up yet. Everyone has been telling me all you have to do is go vote on March 4th and then stick around for the precinct convention that day. Is that not true?
    That is to become a delegate to the County Party Convention, which then moves to the State Convention and then to the national convention.

The Precinct Chairman is the chairman for the Republican party in that precinct for the next two years and is apart of the County Party executive committee.

--Dustan