Thread: Uniparty bill would create "antisemitism monitors" at colleges

Uniparty bill would create "antisemitism monitors" at colleges

Bipartisan bill would create "antisemitism monitors" at colleges
    https://www.axios.com/2024/04/26/ant...olumbia-israel
    {Andrew Solender | 26 April 2024}

A pro-Israel House Democrat and Republican plan to introduce legislation creating federally sanctioned "antisemitism monitors" for select college campuses.

Why it matters: It's the first bill introduced in Congress as a direct response to the pro-Palestinian protests that have rocked Columbia University and other colleges in recent days.

Driving the news: Reps. Ritchie Torres (D-N.Y.) and Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.) are introducing the College Oversight and Legal Updates Mandating Bias Investigations and Accountability Act – or COLUMBIA Act.

• The bill would allow the Department of Education to send a "third-party antisemitism monitor" to any college that receives federal funding — and to revoke that funding for colleges that don't comply.
    • The monitor, paid for by the school, would be charged with releasing a public, quarterly report evaluating "the progress that a college or university has made toward combating antisemitism."
    • The bill was first reported by Jewish Insider.

What they're saying: "My office and I have spoken with countless Jewish students from campuses across America who feel deeply unsafe, purely as a result of their religious and ethnic identity," Torres said in a statement.

• "Jewish students have told my office that they feel completely abandoned by their university administrators and they view Congress as the only avenue for accountability and safety."

Zoom out: The bill's introduction comes as college campuses have become ground zero for a national fight over antisemitism and the Israel-Hamas war.

• At least 10 House members, including Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), have gone to Columbia this week to denounce campus antisemitism and criticize the college's administration
    • Several high-profile House progressives have also gone to colleges in recent days to show their solidarity with demonstrators.

RELATED THREADS:

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When will the fedgov start monitoring $#@! like this:

Khilanani told her audience about her own rage and that she “had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any White person that got in my way, burying their body and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step.”

Don't get me wrong: I don't want the fedgov monitoring anything.

Just sick of the constant double and triple standards, especially for the Small Hat Club.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    https://twitter.com/KeithWoodsYT/sta...06914165973311

//
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

especially for the Small Hat Club.
    I'm afraid to even ask, but since I just learned what beltway libertarian means, what is a "Small hat Club"? I did a search but didn't find anything.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I'm afraid to even ask, but since I just learned what beltway libertarian means, what is a "Small hat Club"? I did a search but didn't find anything.
    I think he made it up. Yarmulke wearers.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-27-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ah, got it lol.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Exactly.
    TikTok was fine when it was promoting anti-white hate. Once criticism of Israel became popular it had to be shut down.

College demonstrations were fine when they were for racial grievances against white people. Once they started protesting Israel they had to be shut down.

Do people get it yet?

https://twitter.com/KeithWoodsYT/sta...06914165973311

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah, that's my contribution to smart ass names.

Yeah, that's my contribution to smart ass names.
    Well, I like it.

Uniparty bill would create "antisemitism monitors" at colleges
    More "antisemitism monitor[ing]" incoming:

Remember that the WEF Davos meeting a few months ago was centered around ramping up censorship and clamping down on speech. Ever since then, it's been bill after bill of this stuff. Heck, even some websites I frequent have turned ban-happy toward any post that even begins to be critical of Israel. It's interesting because it shows how almost fully their minions control damn near everything now. Even sites that it wasn't apparent, until now. FWIW, I still don't think it's permanent since Revelation, if one puts any credence in that, requires that the world turns on Israel eventually. In the meantime it appears to be pedal to the metal on censorship, though.

eta: Speaking of Revelation, it's interesting to watch how the pushers of these measures are very publicly revealing themselves to be merely tools of other powers. The Great Revealing, indeed.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-27-2024 at 05:33 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Well in theory these "protestors" on college campuses hate the Israeli state, not the Jews. But in practice they are too $#@!ing stupid to differentiate between the two.

Personally I prefer a more Nixononian slant on it . Since many universities cant be trusted to not participate in anti american acrivities some could just be closed to set an example. Dont need jew monitors .
    Do something Danke

Another reason why young people need to avoid college at all costs.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Another reason why young people need to avoid college at all costs.
    Doctor or lawyer are just about the only worthwhile degrees anymore.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some in Congress want to equate criticizing Israel’s government with violence against Jewish people
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGQ3NUCaHHA
    {Jack Hunter | 27 April 2024}

This would be completely unconstitutional.

I reject the term "antisemitism."

Who Are the Palestinians?
    Who are the Semitic peoples?
    Have Jews and Arabs always fought?
    Why are Arabs opposed to Israel?
    What are the differences between Palestinian Christians and Muslims?
    Do the Palestinian authorities deny the existence of Israel?
    Do Palestinian parents deliberately put their children into danger?
    Why are the Palestinians so poor and the Israelis comparatively rich?

Who
    are the Semitic peoples?
    The word “Semite” refers to a language and cultural group made up of
    ancient and modern people. Semitic languages include:
    Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Moabite, Hebrew, Phonecian, Assyrian, and
    Babylonian. (Biblically they are considered the descendants of Shem, son
    of Noah.)

According to
    the Oxford English Dictionary, the first usage of anti-Semitic for a person who
    discriminates against or is prejudiced against Jews, was in the 1880s (about
    the same time as the rise of Zionism.)

If we return
    to the original meaning of Semitic, it is difficult to call Palestinians and
    other Arabs anti-Semitic, since they are themselves Semites. Palestinian
    Arabs oppose the state policies of Israel that deny them legitimate human and civil
    rights and the right to a state.

Have Jews and Arabs always fought?
    Arabs and Jews have not always been in conflict. Before the formation
    of the State of Israel there were Arab Jews as there were Arab Christians and
    Arab Muslims. Many times in history Jews and Muslims were allied and
    worked together peacefully. In 1492, Christian rulers expelled both Jews
    and Muslims from Spain, although now Spain cherishes its background of all
    three religions. Most Jews who fled moved to Arab lands.

Christians,
    Jews and Muslims have worked together and have lived as neighbors in the Middle
    East for centuries and some still do. One hears many stories from
    Palestinians of the friendships they had with their Jewish neighbors and vice
    versa.

Why are Arabs opposed to Israel?
    A review of the history shows that Israel was founded on territory that
    belonged to indigenous Palestinian Arabs and ever since has undertaken to expel
    many of them from their homelands. Israel’s continued occupation of the
    West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza, and its mistreatment of the
    Palestinian population has been the cause of much resentment and hostility as
    well as the focus of Palestinian resistance. At this point in history,
    though, most Arabs accept the existence of Israel as a state but are concerned
    about the ways in which that country has been preventing the formation of a
    Palestinian State and the development of Palestinian society. The UN
    partition plan of 1947 called for a Jewish state and an Arab state on the land
    known as “historic Palestine” or Mandate Palestine.

Many people
    other than Arabs are opposed to what Israel has done and is doing. Human
    rights groups, churches, Christian and Muslim organizations, and many non-Arab
    countries have criticized the policies of Israel, especially with respect to
    the occupations.

What
    are the differences between Palestinian Christians and Muslims?
    Both Christians and Muslims consider themselves Palestinians with one ethnic
    and geographic heritage; they share the experience of living under occupation;
    and relative to the occupation, they are united in their attitudes toward
    Israel. The difference occurs in terms of personal life and religious
    belief and practices. In the Middle East, religion is much more a part of
    people’s identity than it generally is in the West. Religious
    distinctions between Christian and Muslim Palestinians manifest themselves
    through celebrations, family rituals, and who can be marriage partners or even
    close friends.

It is said that
    the people in the Middle East have long religious memories and that they view
    the past as part of today. Historically both Christians and Muslims have
    wielded power over each other, and there is still an assumption that Christians
    side with Western culture.

Do the
    Palestinian authorities deny the existence of Israel?
    No.
    The Oslo Accords made it clear that the PLO, as the representative of the
    Palestinian people, recognizes the existence of the State of Israel. In
    the letters exchanged on September 9, 1993 between Mr. Arafat and Mr. Rabin,
    Mr. Arafat, chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization, stated “The
    PLO recognizes the right of the State of Israel to exist in peace and
    security.” In return Mr. Rabin recognized the PLO as the “representative
    of the Palestinian people.” In a subsequent meeting, which was televised,
    the Palestinian National Council voted to uphold the agreements made in the
    Oslo Accords.

Do Palestinian parents deliberately
    put their children into danger?

Palestinian
    parents are human beings just like anyone else. They love their children
    and try to keep them from harm. A tactic of war called “demonizing
    the enemy”, this charge about children is designed to make Palestinians
    seem less than human and, as such, is racist.

Many
    Palestinian children have also been killed or wounded by Israeli soldiers while
    going about their normal activities, such as attending school and
    playing. Parents tell of their fear that their children will not return
    when they go to school, to church or mosque, or to play. The Palestinian
    Authority has provided some financial compensation to very poor families who
    have lost a child, although the amount cannot be compared to the value of the
    life of a child. It is dehumanizing to imply that any financial support
    would be an incentive to parents to endanger their children.

It is also
    true that youth have always been in the forefront of popular uprisings such as
    in South Africa and in the American South during the civil rights
    movement. Too often, in those cases as well, the authorities have
    responded with lethal force.

Why
    are the Palestinians so poor and the Israelis comparatively rich?
    The occupation has prevented the Palestinians from developing economically and
    so they have become dependent on Israel for employment. When those means
    of employment become unavailable because of Israeli military closures of
    Palestinian areas in West Bank and Gaza Strip, unemployment rates jump rapidly
    and there are few local businesses and jobs to fall back on. Much of the
    Palestinian agricultural land has been confiscated and fruit and olive trees
    have been destroyed.

In addition,
    the United States government (and private citizens) have given and still give
    large sums of money to develop the Israeli economy. Official aid from the
    U.S. government totals more than $3,000,000,000 (three billion) per year (all
    military aid).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.