Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTC bans all new (and most existing) non-compete clauses

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Interesting. I wouldn't have expected that of your field. As fast as the product becomes obsolete, that seems silly.
    Obsolescence is more of a marketing thing. Under the hood, it changes much less than you might think.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Massie is correct (as usual): "Butt out, feds!"
    Even though I hate non-compete clauses and I do not believe they would exist in a free-market, Massie is right on legal/procedural grounds here (and it matters): the bureaucratic pen-stroke has been made into the equivalent of Politburo diktat, especially in post-911 America. We need to halt this tyranny in its tracks and restore power to the people, and trust that the people will do the right thing when they are given back the power to do so...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

FTC Outlaws Most Noncompete Agreements
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YLQqg5WcWQ
    {Steve Lehto | 26 April 2024}

It'll end up in court - and be resolved in a few years.

More ruling by royal decree. I don't even necessarily hate the concept but this is one of the most impactful legislations I've seen in a very long time, and it completely bypassed Congress. I don't see how this could possibly hold up in court. Of course they don't care. They'll just do many things by royal proclamation from emperor poopy pants and let the courts overturn it later.

I admit to not being very knowledgeable on this topic, but how on earth can the FTC "strike down" existing legal agreements between businesses? The FTC isn't a judicial body with power to strike down anything done between consenting parties during the course of business, especially retroactively. Declaring existing contract agreements null and void??

It seems the feds are now fully in "Constitution be damned, we'll do (say) whatever we want and hope it sticks" mode lately. Time must be getting short to something.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I admit to not being very knowledgeable on this topic, but how on earth can the FTC "strike down" existing legal agreements between businesses? The FTC isn't a judicial body with power to strike down anything done between consenting parties during the course of business, especially retroactively. Declaring existing contract agreements null and void??

It seems the feds are now fully in "Constitution be damned, we'll do (say) whatever we want and hope it sticks" mode lately. Time must be getting short to something.
    I mean, yeah... That's what this means. This is happening all over. They know they have no justification for paying off student loans, handing out stimulus checks, locking down societies, not securing our borders, increasing our debts, starting and continuing wars, telling you what mode of transport you're allowed to buy, mandating injections, or about a billion other things that they just did by dictate with some $#@!ty legal logic they could use for an excuse. They know and they don't care.

Every organization, whether business, non-profit or government, operates with the incentive to increase their scope. EVERY organization of humans does that. Governments are not in the business of solving problems, they are in the business of exploiting problems to grow their importance (and wealth, and power, and control). The bureaucrats, the politicians, the consultancy, the lobbyists... They all have the same incentives and your little constitution is just a petty inconvenience.

Is something coming?? I mean, it's already here!
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 04-27-2024 at 08:10 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12