Thread: TX - Gov. Abbott (R) issues EO enacting "safe spaces" for Jewish students

TX - Gov. Abbott (R) issues EO enacting "safe spaces" for Jewish students

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...45887440191773

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Anarcho-tyranny - it's not just for lefty progressive pinkos.
    RELATED: SD enacts Euro style "anti hate speech" law making it a crime to speak badly of Jews or Israel
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-29-2024 at 04:14 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CLIP from SYSTEM UPDATE #250:

TX Gov. Mandates “Safe Space” Exception for Jewish Students
    https://rumble.com/v4mao4h-tx-gov.-m...-students.html
    {Glenn Greenwald | 29 March 2024}

So Republicans are now casually touting the term/concept of "safe spaces" as good and desirable.

Whoodathunkit?

"Conservatism is progressivism driving the speed limit." -- Michael Malice

Je suis anti semite

lol

This is getting extremely crazy. Neither Abbott nor Noem can tell anyone what to think or say and they sure as hell won't want stop the other extreme of college loons who have have taken up the cause of the Palestinians - not that I think that's loony but they are. I just watched a video of a city council meeting in Berkeley where keffiah wearing lefties were going nuts screaming at Jews:

Video footage captured the shocking moment a pro-Palestine mob overran a city council meeting that was discussing Holocaust Remembrance Day in California.

The protestors disrupted a Berkeley city council meeting on Tuesday, shouting anti-Semitic slurs at the crowd, as seen in videos shared by the Jewish Community Relations Council on X.

During the meeting, a Holocaust survivor and a mother sharing her son's experience with anti-Semitism at school were heckled and laughed at by the protesters.

Spewing historical anti-Semitic tropes, one man in a Keffiyeh interrupted, yelling, 'How much money did these ass***** give you? Cowards, go chase the money! You money suckers.'

'You are traitors to this country,' a woman chimed in. 'You are spies for Israel.'

'This is a Zionist stronghold,' one woman said, covering her face with a keffiyeh. 'The people of Berkeley love Palestine,' she screeched.

Then the group chanted the trendy cheer, 'Free, Free Palestine!' and 'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.'

'End Zionism! End Israel! Free Palestine,' another shouted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rance-day.html
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

I went to college in Texas and over 4 years I witnessed exactly 0 instances of racism or antisemitism.

This is gaping pussy Abbott's virtue signaling at his finest
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'll bet a small gentile child would be anything but safe in a government-sanctioned joowish safe space.

There used to be cautionary tales for children in the past, such as that of Hansel and Gretel, who had a very close call.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 03-29-2024 at 05:56 PM.

$#@! off Abbott, ******.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So Republicans are now casually touting the term/concept of "safe spaces" as good and desirable.

Whoodathunkit?

Will other groups get a safe spaces or is this just for the Jewish students?

Whoodathunkit?

I don't pay much attention to the excuses behind such things, but instead see it as yet another [false] justification toward the slow acclimation of a police-state/militarization of America. These days, I see everything that way, from both sides of the aisle.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Whoodathunkit?

Whoodathunkit?

Anybody who was paying any attention at all over the last, say, 60 years or so at least?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'll bet a small gentile child would be anything but safe in a government-sanctioned joowish safe space.

There used to be cautionary tales for children in the past, such as that of Hansel and Gretel, who had a very close call.
    I think you are right.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Speaker Johnson has also threatened to pull funding from Columbia and other Universities (watching Yale/Princeton/Harvard) that are having these anti-Semitic protests (yes, many of these go far beyond anti-Zionism and are legitimately anti-Semitic)

The problem is, these Universities have had protests and open hatred for white people and for America for well over a decade.. now that they hate Jewish people less than 5 seconds later they threaten to pull funding?? Lol.. Ok, whatever, maybe we should root for these protests by the Zoomerwaffen to continue so they get their federal funding pulled.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-24-2024 at 10:25 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Whoodathunkit?

//

CLIP from SYSTEM UPDATE #261:

Free Speech Frauds: Gov. Greg Abbott and the Pro-Israel Right
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQEk2xfk7tQ
    {Glenn Greenwald | 26 April 2024}

//

How hypocritical of any Republican to be praising safe spaces.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do people cheer authoritarianism, Right, Left and everywhere in between?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhr5PL4gGtU
    {Jack Hunter | 26 April 2024}

Progressives horrified by protesters being arrested were cheering for authoritarianism during the COVID pandemic.

THREAD: Uniparty bill would create "antisemitism monitors" at colleges

Bipartisan bill would create "antisemitism monitors" at colleges
    https://www.axios.com/2024/04/26/ant...olumbia-israel
    {Andrew Solender | 26 April 2024}

A pro-Israel House Democrat and Republican plan to introduce legislation creating federally sanctioned "antisemitism monitors" for select college campuses.

Why it matters: It's the first bill introduced in Congress as a direct response to the pro-Palestinian protests that have rocked Columbia University and other colleges in recent days.

Driving the news: Reps. Ritchie Torres (D-N.Y.) and Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.) are introducing the College Oversight and Legal Updates Mandating Bias Investigations and Accountability Act – or COLUMBIA Act.

[...]
    //

Texas Constitution:
    Article 1 Section 8 that "no law shall ever be passed curtailing the liberty of speech or of the press."
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Speaker Johnson has also threatened to pull funding from Columbia and other Universities (watching Yale/Princeton/Harvard) that are having these anti-Semitic protests (yes, many of these go far beyond anti-Zionism and are legitimately anti-Semitic)
    I don't doubt there's maybe a few people organically pushing more extreme POVs, but don't for a second think that the same provocateur playbook used by Antifa/LEO/FBI/.mil/Intel types during the Charlottesville marches, the Floyd BLM protests, 2020 election protests and the rest isn't also being used in these anti-war protests. The media and LEO, et al REQUIRE the presence of some bad actors to zoom in on in order to paint the 99% peaceful protestors as also being "violent extremists" or whatever label of the day, such as antisemitic in this case. Don't let partisan blinders fool ya into thinking they don't use the same playbook over and over to discredit protests and/or paint protestors as "bad" to the masses in the controlled media. Provocateurs aren't partisan.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Texas Constitution:
    Article 1 Section 8 that "no law shall ever be passed curtailing the liberty of speech or of the press."
    That's just a GD piece of paper.

We don't go by that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    That's just a GD piece of paper.

We don't go by that anymore.
    Technically speaking, Abbott didn't violate it. That's because it's an EO, not a law.
    Now, it's up to the Texas Legislature and State courts to shoot it down.

But they won't.... because America is dead.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

The virtue signaling and kowtowing have been turned up to 11...

Other than politicians making drooling stooges of themselves, the danger here is they will once again be creating more thought crime laws. Big Brother Pedo Pete and his merry band of totalitarians will be more than happy to liberally utilize and expand any new thought and speech laws.

No need for new laws. Charge the protesters with actual, existing laws. Are they trespassing? Are they engaging in violence, destruction, arson or looting? Are they blocking the free movement of people and essentially holding them hostage?

They can indict Grandma Millie for walking past a protest in DC, so they can certainly arrest protesters who commit actual crimes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.