Thread: 'Hell No, We Won't Go!' - Most Americans Would Not Serve If War Broke Out

'Hell No, We Won't Go!' - Most Americans Would Not Serve If War Broke Out

According to a new YouGov poll, the majority of Americans of military age would refuse to fight if a major global conflagration broke out including the United States. What does this say about our foreign policy and US future? Also today: Rep. Massie exposes cattle-tagging tyranny. Finally: Texas Governor declares war...on the First Amendment!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Related:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Omnibus Budget Bill includes provisions for Electronic Tracking of Cattle

The omnibus bill, which was proposed on Sunday and combines six essential spending bills into one, includes text that allocates $15 million to "related infrastructure" needed for electronically tracking livestock.

The full text of the provision states, "The agreement directs the Department to continue to provide the tag and related infrastructure needed to comply with the Federal Animal Disease Traceability rule, including no less than $15,000,000 for electronic identification (EID) tags and related infrastructure needed for stakeholders to comply with the proposed rule, 'Use of Electronic Identification Eartags as Official Identification in Cattle and Bison,' should that rule be finalized."

However, ahead of the vote on Wednesday, Republican representative Thomas Massie of Kentucky took to X, formerly Twitter, to criticize the bill, saying it will be used to limit beef production and challenge small ranchers.

"Hidden in this week's Omnibus: Lobbyists got $15 million dollars to implement ELECTRONIC TRACKING of all cattle in the U.S. No law authorizes this!

It will be used by the GREEN agenda to limit beef production, and by the corporate meat oligopoly to DOMINATE small ranchers," Massie wrote on X.

Republican Representative Mark Green of Tennessee also slammed the bill, writing on X, "Beef cattle production makes up 16.7% of Tennessee's agricultural sector. I will not vote for an omnibus that gives radical Green New Deal activists the ability to hurt Tennessee's farmers."

GOP Senator Mike Lee of Utah wrote on X, "U.S. citizens have survived and thrived for two-and-a-half centuries without centralized electronic tracking of cattle. And yet the #SchumerMinibus spends $15 million on just that—electronic tracking of cattle."
    More: https://www.cattlerange.com/articles...king-of-cattle
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Good. Most people would be embarrassed to serve under our current government.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Good. Most people would be embarrassed to serve under our current government.
    It's why I think they're going to let Trump win. The war will be in full force by then and they need someone who people are going to be willing to fight for.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    It's why I think they're going to let Trump win. The war will be in full force by then and they need someone who people are going to be willing to fight for.
    Interesting. I still think they will obviously steal it for Biden, then when people get mad, install Trump as dictator. But there's a thing in chess called a fallback position. In other words, I think you put your finger on Plan B.

Or maybe yours is Plan A. It would explain the reckless $#@! like the terrorist guerilla attack in Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

One of the great problems in all this is that Theye play both ends against the middle, the latter being "us". This manifests is such a multitude of ways, it becomes nearly impossible to know how to proceed, what to think, whom to trust, and so forth.

For example, had Americans known the truth about Lusitaia, how eager might they have been to volunteer to fight on the side of the good-for-nothing British? I suspect Americans would not have been at all on board with the idea.

The same can be said for the second war. The demon spawn Roosevelt was failing in his communistic foist upon America, so he saw his opportunity to divert attention from his miserable failures as president by taunting and goading Japan to the point they finally gave in to stupidity and lampooned Pearl.

We humans are problematic on our best days. Given our capacities for being corrupted, it becomes clear that the greater we become in terms of our technological capabilities, the more the more to the hazard we venture in terms of our continued viability as a species. Long ago, wild tribal humans were likely averse to the strictures of civilized life. However, we are so easily corrupted, especially if tyrants take their time, introducing their foists in tiny measures until the people are so corrupted, as we see today, they can then take bold cuts with little concern for being challenged in any meaningful way.

People like comfort. The world is by its nature an uncomfortable place. Hold out crumbs of comfort, no matter what lies you must tell, and people will do anything you command. This is the sad truth of the mean human being. He is a pathetic beast who, like a chameleon, changes his stripes as convenience may find appealing. Rare are the men who understand the value and nature of freedom. Rarer still are those who understand the balance between principle and pragmatism that best protects and perpetuated liberty, which is so ephemeral due to the mean man's readiness to fall to the false temptations that lead him to eventual slavery.

Humans.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Interesting. I still think they will obviously steal it for Biden, then when people get mad, install Trump as dictator. But there's a thing in chess called a fallback position. In other words, I think you put your finger on Plan B.

Or maybe yours is Plan A. It would explain the reckless $#@! like the terrorist guerilla attack in Moscow.
    I think the question turns on the real truth about Trump. Is he the pariah to the left, or is he controlled opposition?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.