Thread: In Cook County DA race, 10,000 mail-in ballots suddenly appear.

In Cook County DA race, 10,000 mail-in ballots suddenly appear.

More than 10K ballots mistakenly left out of unofficial vote count, Chicago Board of Elections says.

The Chicago Board of Elections has admitted to a mistake as the city awaits the outcome of the Democratic primary race for Cook County state's attorney.

The board said it is working to add more than 10,000 votes to its total count after its director of public information said he mistakenly left out some vote-by-mail ballots.

Chicago Board of Elections Public Information Officer Max Bever released a statement Saturday night, saying vote-by-mail ballots delivered on Monday, March 18 were left out of the count.

"I am absolutely mortified for the mistake that I made in my reporting," Bever said Sunday.

"This is not an issue of recently found ballots or missing ballots.

This was an issue that I was getting out about how many vote-by-mail ballots we have received on Election Day.

What I had not done was realize additional vote-by-mail ballots were received on Monday the 18th."

The board is now working to add more than 10,000 mail-in votes to its total count.
    Last edited by unknown; 03-28-2024 at 02:54 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The "tough on crime" candidate still has a small lead.

Race for Chicago-area prosecutor seat features tough-on-crime judge, lawyer with Democratic backing.

CHICAGO (AP) — An open seat to lead the nation’s second-largest prosecutor’s office has become one of the most spirited races in the Illinois primary with a Democratic matchup between a tough-on-crime judge and an attorney with union and establishment backing.

The Cook County state’s attorney primary features Eileen O’Neill Burke, a former appellate judge with a large campaign war chest, versus Clayton Harris III, a professor and former prosecutor who’s held government posts.

The race is the latest example of how the legacy of progressive Democrats who swept into big city prosecutor offices over the past decade has fractured.

Some, including in Los Angeles, face tough reelection bids with blame on progressive policies for perceptions that cities are less safe.

Others have resigned or face possible impeachment.
    Last edited by unknown; 03-28-2024 at 03:09 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Don't mind me. I just picked this thread at random to post this in. Carry on.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Probably going to be using this meme a lot this year...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Don't mind me. I just picked this thread at random to post this in. Carry on.

Needs to be updated. Ukraine does not allow voting at all, at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Needs to be updated. Ukraine does not allow voting at all, at the moment.
    Ukraine is the ne plus ultra of election fortification.

Can't wait to see similar stories 8 months from now.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge