Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I have no opinion regarding what happened.
    I am skeptical that of all the places to lose power and control it is at a place where the #2 bridge for hazardous materials in the USA is taken out.
    I would have found it more believable had it been a drunk operator, or heart attack, or ??? but power outage at that exact location seems like a highly unlikely probability.
    The problem is, if it was caused by a power outage, that means that nobody could have controlled the course of the ship to make it hit the bridge. For that to have been on purpose, then whoever was behind it would somehow need to be able to guarantee that the right conditions were met with the ship being in precisely the right spot with precisely the right momentum in the right direction, accounting for factors like the prop walk that was mentioned earlier, at the moment when the power went off. Who's to say that those conditions would be met at all? They would need the captain to be in on it, coordinating the ships position while the power is still on with what needs to happen when the power goes off, while at the same time acting in a way that looks like he's trying to do the right thing.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Anybody seen THIS guy around?

Seems like his kind of gig.
    I think this guy is in charge of bridges:

My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    The problem is, if it was caused by a power outage, that means that nobody could have controlled the course of the ship to make it hit the bridge. For that to have been on purpose, then whoever was behind it would somehow need to be able to guarantee that the right conditions were met with the ship being in precisely the right spot with precisely the right momentum in the right direction, accounting for factors like the prop walk that was mentioned earlier, at the moment when the power went off. Who's to say that those conditions would be met at all? They would need the captain to be in on it, coordinating the ships position while the power is still on with what needs to happen when the power goes off, while at the same time acting in a way that looks like he's trying to do the right thing.
    All that. The theory about hacking a ship seems reasonable but not like that and having any control over that ship hitting that bridge support where it did. I could see it in a movie with some guys on land, tracking the ship in real time, with computer screens showing precise direction and speed of the ship and seconds before impact saying "NOW!" as they cut the power with their microwave weapon beamed from a small boat nearby. Of course, it would all have been carefully planned out and computer modeled to show how the bridge collapse would happen and any necessary adjustments made to make sure it wasn't a suicide mission for the ship's crew who all get whisked out of the country on a flight to Brussels immediately after. Tom Cruse would be in the movie.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

@susano

From your sig line:

-GLP poster
    Is that a real post?
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @susano

From your sig line:

Is that a real post?
    Yes, but it was sarcasm (and on the money).

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Yes, but it was sarcasm (and on the money).
    Got it...my sarcasm detector burnt itself to cinders in the general insanity of things, and I cannot tell the difference anymore.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Got it...my sarcasm detector burnt itself to cinders in the general insanity of things, and I cannot tell the difference anymore.
    When talking about the Marxists, an absurd statement like that is very possible. I recall that when the invasion began in Europe, a couple of do-gooders helping at the "refugee" camps got raped and were told not to say anything because it would make the refugees look bad.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Is that a place where navigation is critical? So without navigation a large ship is likely to hit one of those pier supports? Maybe what you say is true or maybe what you say is irrelevant and a large ship moving that much mass has a high chance of destruction if power is lost where power was lost. Maybe precision is not necessary with a ship that large and heavy and a Bridge with supports.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 03-27-2024 at 02:29 PM.

Devil advocate.... Anybody on here truly understand electronic warfare? Been hearing for 2 years it's a huge part of Ukrainian war

If the cause is an uncontrollable accident then no one can be blamed. No one is at fault.
    It wouldn't surprise me if before it is over they blame Putin.
    One thing is for certain. The USA, EU, Ukraine, Israel, NATO, had nothing to do with it.
    Time for Congress to regulate shipping to keep this from happening again.
    Time to build a new bridge, US say they are paying for it, and then install a toll that pays for the bridge over and over and over again.
    George Washington Bridge $563.3 million

The Port Authority's big cash cow for 2018, as it is most years, is the George Washington Bridge, projected to bring home $563.3 million in cash free flow for the agency.

While the GWB is projected to collect $805.2 million in tolls in the coming year, about $130 million in operating and maintenance costs will mean the world's busiest bridge will generate net revenues of $676.8 million. Subtract another $113.5 million of so in capital spending mainly on replacement of the bridge's suspender ropes and rehabilitation of its main cables, and that's $563.3 million in free cash flow.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 03-27-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think it's a tincture you are referring to rather than pills, and I think it just boosts testosterone, which gives males more energy and ability to grow muscle when working out. I am not aware he sells pills that are advertised to do what you say. But keep giving out misinformation, it really helps your case and doesn't at all poison the well.
    I genuinely think that Alex is a great salesman, regardless of whether it is dick pills or anything else.

I also think that either you are really Alex's mom or you have an unhealthy attachment to people you don't know.

I think this guy is in charge of bridges:

My mistake. What WAS I thinking?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think skepticism is warranted, but I also think this looked like an accident. It looked like a lot of back-and-forth activity on board trying to get things back on track.

Additionally, if someone were really trying to send a message, then you'd think they would have coordinated with attacks at other ports rather than just one.

Again, I'm open to explanations, but we'll need more evidence to start drawing those kinds of conclusions.
    They are pushing it under the rug. Why is a guessing game without more info. The question of the Ukrainian captain scrubbing of evidence has not been addressed. The government should be doing a full investigation and should have already came forward with basic info about the captain but they just want this to go away so they have something to hide, whether it was an inside job or the Russians or whatever, they don't want us to know.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

The Dali cargo ship which smashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge suffered a 'severe electrical problem' while docked in Baltimore days before, according to a port worker.

Julie Mitchell, co-administrator of Container Royalty, a company which tracks cargo, told CNN the ship was anchored at the port for at least 48 hours prior to the deadly crash.

Following the devastation, she said: 'And those two days, they were having serious power outages… they had a severe electrical problem. It was total power failure, loss of engine power, everything.'

Mitchell explained that refrigerated boxes tripped breakers on board the ship on several occasions, and mechanics had been trying to fix the issue.

She said she didn't know whether the problem had been fixed when the ship set off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rker-says.html

-GLP poster

The Dali cargo ship which smashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge suffered a 'severe electrical problem' while docked in Baltimore days before, according to a port worker.

Julie Mitchell, co-administrator of Container Royalty, a company which tracks cargo, told CNN the ship was anchored at the port for at least 48 hours prior to the deadly crash.

Following the devastation, she said: 'And those two days, they were having serious power outages… they had a severe electrical problem. It was total power failure, loss of engine power, everything.'

Mitchell explained that refrigerated boxes tripped breakers on board the ship on several occasions, and mechanics had been trying to fix the issue.

She said she didn't know whether the problem had been fixed when the ship set off.

Obviously the evidence indicates that the ship was totally fixed and in tip top shape and left harbor without a shed of concern.

I would be curious about when these electrical issues began.

Seems totally logical to let a huge ship with major electrical issues leave port. I think that is what any responsible crew would do.

@Anti Federalist
    Regardless of how a ship turns when power restored and ship put in reverse, and anchors dropped....
    Would it be likely that damage would result from a quickly moving, uncontrollable, large ship, going under that bridge?
    Does it seem like if a ship that size, loses all power and is not being steered or maneuvered with accuracy, the Bridge is likely to get damaged?
    It seems to me that with that force and momentum, all that would be necessary is to hit anything on the dartboard.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

@Anti Federalist
    Regardless of how a ship turns when power restored and ship put in reverse, and anchors dropped....
    Would it be likely that damage would result from a quickly moving, uncontrollable, large ship, going under that bridge?
    Does it seem like if a ship that size, loses all power and is not being steered or maneuvered with accuracy, the Bridge is likely to get damaged?
    It seems to me that with that force and momentum, all that would be necessary is to hit anything on the dartboard.
    If it went through without hitting anything, it would have been fine, if that's what you are asking.

If it went through without hitting anything, it would have been fine, if that's what you are asking.
    Are you of the professional opinion that this is nothing more than an accident?

//
    Last edited by sparebulb; 03-28-2024 at 09:21 AM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/stat...44175406108966
    MAYOR OF BALTIMORE: DEI IS THE NEW N-WORD

"I know, we all know, young black men have been the boogie man for those that are racist and think only straight, wealthy, white men should have a say in anything.

We've been the boogie man for them since the first day they brought us to this country.

And what they mean by DEI, in my opinion, we know what they mean to say; they just don't have the courage to say the N-word.

The fact that I am proud of who I am and where I come from scares them.

Because being in my position means that their way of thinking, their way of living comfortably while everyone else suffers, is going to be at risk.

And they should be afraid because that's my only purpose in life."

Source: MSNBC, @DMichaelTripi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    https://twitter.com/AntiFeder1776/st...26622109221091

I'm with you. Just thought it was funny.

My point with conspiracy theories has always been that it isn't the conclusions that they draw that's important as much as it is that people don't trust the institutions which is why we have to question everything.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

All these years I never realized that 69% of posters on the internet are master mariners
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Obviously the evidence indicates that the ship was totally fixed and in tip top shape and left harbor without a shed of concern.

I would be curious about when these electrical issues began.

Seems totally logical to let a huge ship with major electrical issues leave port. I think that is what any responsible crew would do.
    Notice it says, "mechanics had been trying to fix the issue".

Maybe they should have called an electrician.

-GLP poster

Pretty much what I said from day one.

This ship suffered a severe electric failure.

Twice, you see when the main power cuts out, shortly after they start backing down on the main engine, indicated by the heavy black smoke, and then again a second time as the e-gen kicks on, shortly, and then cuts back out again.

Somewhere I am going to guess there was direct short to ground in the main buss panel or parallel buss panel, that just smoked the whole system.

There was little, if anything, the captain, pilot or crew could have done, they were dark and out of control.

Dropping an anchor would do little, the bottom there is mud and an anchor would drag, if it did fetch up hard on a rock or obstruction, at the speed they moving, it would have snapped the anchor chain or tore the wildcat right out of the windlass.

But the fact that they dropped anchor is kind of funny. I just gotta wonder how much damage could be done underwater dragging an anchor across that area. Any pipes, cables or conduits down there to be ripped up?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    All these years I never realized that 69% of posters on the internet are master mariners
    The definition of "Master Mariner" is one who holds both a Master's certificate and a Chief Engineer's certificate.

I do...or at least did, until IMO regs prohibited it on international tickets.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty much what I said from day one.

This ship suffered a severe electric failure.

Twice, you see when the main power cuts out, shortly after they start backing down on the main engine, indicated by the heavy black smoke, and then again a second time as the e-gen kicks on, shortly, and then cuts back out again.

Somewhere I am going to guess there was direct short to ground in the main buss panel or parallel buss panel, that just smoked the whole system.

There was little, if anything, the captain, pilot or crew could have done, they were dark and out of control.

Dropping an anchor would do little, the bottom there is mud and an anchor would drag, if it did fetch up hard on a rock or obstruction, at the speed they moving, it would have snapped the anchor chain or tore the wildcat right out of the windlass.
    I don't know anything about ships and the shipping business but I'm gonna guess, that like everything else, time is money and there's probably pressure to get things moving, especially considering that shipping is experiencing other problems causing delays due to the Houthis and the drought in Panama.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    But the fact that they dropped anchor is kind of funny. I just gotta wonder how much damage could be done underwater dragging an anchor across that area. Any pipes or conduits down there to be ripped up?
    Yes, there are, which is why that was never a "dark ship" option in the oilfield.

Here's a chart of the area, clearly showing cables and pipelines.

The ship was traveling at about one shiplength per minute. You see the scale on this chart at 375 per inch. The event started at roughly 4:11, so that means the ship traveled roughly 3300 feet, over half a mile before impact, and at least a couple thousand feet before the submerged cable lines.

Not out of the question to drop anchor at that point and it is standard procedure.

Like I said, had it been me, I would have ordered hard right rudder and beached it in the mud on the west side of the channel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast