Thread: What In Hell Is This Bug?

What In Hell Is This Bug?

A month ago bosslady comes home from work at IAD. She's coughing and blaming it on the drywall dust in the huge kitchen I have nearly completed. I call "bull$#@!", but no... bosslady be right. $#@! husband be wrong... until he wasn't.

She brought the plague home with her and gave it to me. We were both on our asses for three weeks. While I am now able to work... at least partially, I still feel like the devil.

When I came down with it a couple days later, I tested us both for covid. Nope. Both had 103ºF fevers. Had to be the flu, right? Not sure it was.

Last time I had the flu was 1979. My immune system is like a tank. I just don't get sick. Ever. Until now. But no sore throat, which for me was very NON-flu-like.

Anyhow, for the past two weeks I've been up and about. Bibi's gone to work, been back, and is gone again this morning. We function but we both feel like crap. I don't want to do anything.

Most of the people I know have it, or have had it, and those of the latter say the same thing: this bug just doesn't give up.

This is unprecedented, save since the Wuhan virus was foisted upon the world. I'm wondering whether this latest plague is some stage-n test of bugs that defeat immune responses. It may not be an engineered bug, but since covid I have less trust in such matters than chickens have lips.

Any of you folks gotten this very non-usually behaving virus?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard others complain of something similar.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I had that a month ago.
    I do not do COVID testing.
    I figure the flu.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Stock pile your own medicine. Get Ivermectin for sure.

https://www.twc.health/
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Probably flu...

Nationally, influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, A(H3N2), and B/Victoria viruses are all co-circulating. However, the distribution of circulating viruses varies by region. For regional and state level data and age group distribution, please visit FluView Interactive.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I got some kind of super cold back in January, coughing, wheezing, gobs of thick sticky snots. Gross.

Just got over it and now have it again.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

I got a bad cold that snotted me up for a couple of weeks a while ago.

Bad cold, I think.

Many around here had what you describe, so there is a spectrum of mild to wild.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't gotten sick in many years. When I heard about covid I started taking colloidal silver everyday and I made a spray touse on my face and hands before and after going out in public. I also got some ivermectin a couple of years ago I took it once a week for about a year. Now I only take it if I get around someone who is noticeably sick. No vaxx, mask, or test for me. I feel fine. I also drank a high dollar tonic water and took zinc along with it during the so called height of the outbreak just in case. I also took it if I was around my brother who had been vaxxed.

I live in a very rural area almost nobody wore mask or took the vaccine around me ao there is that too.
    I still spray my face and hands before and after being out in public.

Also, I ended up having to take in my conically ill younger sister and her autistic son after my mom died. I gave her all the same things I was taking and she is in the best health she has been in her whole life. I gave my nephew silver and chlorine dioxide everyday and ivermectin once a month and his cognition has gone way up. So everyone at my house has been doing pretty good.

One thing about the so called pandemic that I think is kind of good is that people seem to not go out in public if they are sick and running a fever and coughing and snotting all over everything as much as they used to.

I had something very similar a couple months ago where my arms and legs rotted off leaving me nothing more than a stumpy torso with a head. They were able to re-attach my limbs but they're just for show. Thankfully I can still stump around the house but still... It's pretty F'd up.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    I had something very similar a couple months ago where my arms and legs rotted off leaving me nothing more than a stumpy torso with a head. They were able to re-attach my limbs but they're just for show. Thankfully I can still stump around the house but still... It's pretty F'd up.
    Sounds like you were stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Are you serious? That's awful. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I assume by your post you've managed to set up accessibility software on your computer so you can navigate the web, so that's good. I know a double amputee that's a programmer, I can get a list of software he uses if it may be helpful.

But wow man, ya that sucks. F'd up indeed.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his