Thread: Politics Is...

Politics Is...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Politics is trying to convince people you care more about them than the wealth and power you stand to gain. CaptUSA, age (too old)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Out of the mouths of babes. Now if they can only keep those kids OUT of public school!

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Politics is simply the adjudication of power, deciding who gets to do what. It's how humans interact with each other, human nature at it's core.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

An evil, corrupting enterprise that, from the standpoint of advancing the cause of liberty, is mostly a complete waste of time, energy and other resources that could be better invested in developing alternatives and pursuing them.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

... something that Nobody isn't interested in. You remember Nobody, right? Nobody will balance the budget. Nobody will end the never-ending wars. Nobody will ...
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce:

POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
    ---

Me:

Politics is just cold civil war.

It is Cain murdering Abel.

It is Judas betraying Christ.

It is John sitting on the throne of King Richard.

It is pigs wallowing in $#@! and calling themselves men of God.

It is the lunatics running the asylum.

It is the highest form of pharisaism.

It is pouring half the town's milk into the river so that the townspeople will appreciate the blessing of milk more highly.

It is the groomer putting his intended victim through a psychological struggle session to wear down his willpower to resist, and calling it "therapy".

It is the Real Housewives of Hollywood: "What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine."

It's no-contact professional wrestling in business-suits.

It is leeches in human form, sucking our blood while pretending to save us from dying.

I could go on like this for hours, but I should do other things...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28