Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump says Vivek will not be VP

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My money is on Kemp... maybe Youngkin.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I still think it's going to be Noem. Trump has to do something about his terrible covid record and try and do something to get women. I hate it because she's had some pretty terrible policies outside of her covid record.

Vivek would have been an insurance policy against assassination.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

vivek wont accept, wouldnt want tainted
    Do something Danke

Make him something FFS, press secretary.

He would wipe the floor with the media.

And he is aware of principles of liberty.

Unlike the army of Dems and RINOs that Trump is currently surrounded with.
    Last edited by unknown; 03-19-2024 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Kemp? Georgia's Kemp. That would be rather surprising.

Kemp basically played hear-no-evil-see-no-evil during the 2020 steal.

Trump kinda pissed Kemp off as well when he basically mocked the governor for being among the first to reopen during COVID.

“I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia. They’re incredible people. I love those people. They are – they’re great. They’ve been strong, resolute.

But, at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he’s doing. But I want to let the governors do – now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I’ll do. But I think spas and beauty salons and tattoo parlors and barbershops in phase one – we’re going to have phase two very soon – is just too soon. I think it’s too soon.

“And I love the people. I love – I love those people that use all of those things: the spas and the beauty parlors and barbershops, tattoo parlors. I love them. But they can wait a little bit longer. Just a little bit. Not – not much. Because safety has to predominate. We have to have that. So I told the governor, very simply, that I disagree with his decision, but he has to do what he thinks is right.” --DJT
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 03-19-2024 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Never once thought he had a chance of being VP.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Why would he pick Kemp, isn't he a traitor? Though I suppose there's really nothing left except traitors.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I wonder if Trump can be his own VP
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Why would he pick Kemp, isn't he a traitor? Though I suppose there's really nothing left except traitors.
    If Kemp can deliver Georgia, then it would be worth it potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Make him something FFS, press secretary.

He would wipe the floor with the media.

And he is aware of principles of liberty.

Unlike the army of Dems and RINOs that Trump is currently surrounded with.
    The article said they are considering him for Secretary of Homeland Security.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If he were half the libertarian he claims to be, he'd close it down.

Makes sense:

- Vivek Ramaswamy Tried To Sell The Feds A National Medical Surveillance System

- Vivek Ramaswamy Strikes Again, This Time Launching a Beijing-based Biotech Player with a Pipeline

- Vivek Ramaswamy's Roivant Advisory Board:

Kathleen Sebelius

Kathleen Sebelius previously served as U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) under Barack Obama, where she presided over 11 operating divisions, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration and the National Institutes of Health and oversaw the passage and implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Before that, she served as governor of Kansas.

https://theorg.com/org/roivant-scien...hleen-sebelius
    https://www.marketscreener.com/insid...BELIUS-A1T2TT/

Tom Daschle

Senator Daschle is one of the longest serving Senate Democratic leaders in history and one of only two to serve twice as both Majority and Minority Leader. During his tenure, Senator Daschle navigated the Senate through some of its most historic economic and national security challenges. He served for three years as an intelligence officer in the U.S. Air Force Strategic Command. After military service, he spent five years as an aide to South Dakota Senator James Abourezk before seeking elected office. Senator Daschle is the Founder and CEO of The Daschle Group, A Public Policy Advisory of Baker Donelson. As a well-known expert on health policy reform, he has written two books: "Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis" and "Getting It Done: How Obama and Congress Finally Broke the Stalemate to Make Way for Health Care Reform"

https://biography.omicsonline.org/un...daschle-967225

Olympia Snowe

Republican Senator Maine
    Senate Armed Services Committee Subcommittee

Data once present, no longer present.

Vivek Ramaswamy On The Record

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If he were half the libertarian he claims to be, he'd close it down.
    You sound like a woman. Nothing is ever good enough.

Ramaswamy pledged to shut down the FBI, IRS, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Department of Education.
    That isn't good enough for you, to have somebody in power who wants to shut down all these agencies, in this day and age. You need somebody in power who wants to shut down everything, even though probably 99% of the population disagrees with you.

Thus, an impossible task. You fight anybody moving in that direction, furthering the impossibility of ever having a truly small, Constitutional government.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ramaswamy pledged to shut down the FBI, IRS, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Department of Education.
    - Vivek wants to shut down the FBI (<--I am all for it, but not for this-->) and replace it with a "Police Apparatus", so that said Police Apparatus can actually do the job of Background Checks. He also wants to transfer 15,000 FBI Agents to the DEA.

Vivek Ramaswamy On The Record

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That isn't good enough for you, to have somebody in power who wants to shut down all these agencies, in this day and age. You need somebody in power who wants to shut down everything, even though probably 99% of the population disagrees with you.

Thus, an impossible task. You fight anybody moving in that direction, furthering the impossibility of ever having a truly small, Constitutional government.
    The trait of nothing ever being good enough or being an ideological purist isn't peculiar to either sex. Just sayin.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    The trait of nothing ever being good enough or being an ideological purist isn't peculiar to either sex. Just sayin.
    Neither is being principled. Which is why where we are today. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Neither is being principled. Which is why where we are today. Just sayin.
    *Sigh*

It's a conundrum. Is the perfect the enemy of the good?

-GLP poster

*Sigh*

It's a conundrum. Is the perfect the enemy of the good?

Conundrum? My resolve concerning standing on principles: Did I fall for a lesser of evil? How is my conscience? How well do I sleep at night? I sleep like a baby ;-)

Conundrum? My resolve concerning standing on principles: Did I fall for a lesser of evil? How is my conscience? How well do I sleep at night?
    I get it and am the same in my personal life - to the best of my ability . I'm talking about sin. If I can't be perfect, should I make no efforts in self improvement?

-GLP poster

I get it and am the same in my personal life - to the best of my ability . I'm talking about sin. If I can't be perfect, should I make no efforts in self improvement?
    Why give credibility to a system that is corrupt?

If "lesser of evil", I don't want anything to do with it, which is why I do not vote. Otherwise, I will have to explain to my offspring: 1. I voted democrat, so I am responsible for your distribution of wealth. 2. I voted republican, so I am responsible for the abhorrent police-state inflicted upon you.

At least my offspring learned well from me, and doesn't give credibility to the corrupt system either. That doesn't mean that we don't get involved; we reach out to others to help educate them, so that perhaps maybe in the future, there will be something actually worth fighting for - above all else; *individual* freedom and liberty.

If "lesser of evil", I don't want anything to do with it, which is why I do not vote. Otherwise, I will have to explain to my offspring: 1. I voted democrat, so I am responsible for your distribution of wealth. 2. I voted republican, so I am responsible for the abhorrent police-state inflicted upon you.

At least my offspring learned well from me, and doesn't give credibility to the corrupt system either. That doesn't mean that we don't get involved; we reach out to others to help educate them, so that perhaps maybe in the future, there will be something actually worth fighting for - above all else; *individual* freedom and liberty.
    What is your goal here? What are you trying to accomplish? How do you expect to achieve it? Will you know once you have achieved it?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    What is your goal here? What are you trying to accomplish? How do you expect to achieve it? Will you know once you have achieved it?
    Goal? I simply responded to a post. I don't have any particular goal, other than to eat popcorn watching a good movie while the sheep spend time, money and energy going to a building to "vote".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I understand what you're saying but would still like an answer to my question which I see as fundamental to this discussion.

If I can't be perfect, should I make no efforts in self improvement?

-GLP poster

I understand what you're saying but would still like an answer to my question which I see as fundamental to this discussion.

If I can't be perfect, should I make no efforts in self improvement?
    Well, I myself always try to self-improve. But, my definition of self-improvement does not equate to going to a ballot box to give credibility to "lessers of evil". Do the right things, do unto others, etc.

Well, I myself always try to self-improve. But, my definition of self-improvement does not equate to going to a ballot box to give credibility to "lessers of evil". Do the right things, do unto others, etc.
    Would you vote for Rand if you lived in Kentucky or is he a lesser evil because he works within a corrupt system?

-GLP poster

Would you vote for Rand if you lived in Kentucky or is he a lesser evil because he works within a corrupt system?
    No. Rand is about the best that we have in the senate. But there are issues that I have with him which are contrary to my principles and beliefs.

I don't need or want others to represent me. And I certainly will not transfer my rights to representatives. My individual rights are up to me to defend/protect.

But, most of America seems fine with that, so, they can do what they want, even though it continues to bring them and this country down.

No. Rand is about the best that we have in the senate. But there are issues that I have with him which are contrary to my principles and beliefs.

I don't need or want others to represent me. And I certainly will not transfer my rights to representatives. My individual rights are up to me to defend/protect.

But, most of America seems fine with that, so, they can do what they want, even though it continues to bring them and this country down.
    Are you in favor of something like direct democracy or is the idea of a majority (even in a tiny district) an imposition on the rights of the minority?

-GLP poster

Are you in favor of something like direct democracy or is the idea of a majority (even in a tiny district) an imposition on the rights of the minority?
    Voting is an act of aggression. I may believe in 10 things that you like, and 30 things that you don't. You may believe in 15 things that I like, and 15 things that I don't. Should I compromise myself concerning things that directly impact me and my family? Should you compromise yourself in order to take one for the team?

I believe in small-cell communities and *very* local level working together. Outside of my community beliefs, state and federal, are not welcome in my home.

Individual Rights should be paramount, which is completely repugnant in any/all governmental institution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast