Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trump Promises a “100% Tariff” on Cars Made Outside the US

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Excellent point.
    So how does an overabundance of government that we ought not tolerate get defeated by raising a tax? I'm unclear on the concept.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So how does an overabundance of government that we ought not tolerate get defeated by raising a tax? I'm unclear on the concept.
    OSHA is mostly just an illusion currently, because it is almost entirely bypassed by buying products from other countries. If the nation took my advice (fat chance) and banned all trade, OSHA would be the first thing to go because it would have to go, out of necessity. The full effects of OSHA, without trade, would lead to literal starvation, and politicians above all want their populace fed and fat, to avoid getting overthrown.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, it's a tax, it's the best kind of tax, a tax that will allow us to reduce or eliminate taxes with much worse side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Until it becomes the accepted norm… slowly, but surely.
    Yep. I'm amazed that most people still can't see that no matter which guy is elected, the end result of their campaign pledges and policies all fall remarkably well into the Agenda 2030 and Great Reset plans. Trump may as well say "NO MORE FOREIGN CARS FOR YOU IF I AM ELECTED". And then his astroturf shill army applauds, followed by his braindead supporters. Same applies to Biden. It's so obvious. They're taking turns selling the A2030/WEF plans to the masses.

eta: prime evidence of astroturf shilling from Swordy below. Watch the slow twisting of the narrative....
    Last edited by devil21; 03-29-2024 at 01:45 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I just can't figure out why Trump keeps selling the band aid and rarely mentions the cure.

Do you really think that's what Sauron's Ring is?

Do us all a favor. Tell us which Tolkien forum you're going to, and when, and start talking about Sauron's Ring of Free Trade. That would be an amusing troll.

So, in your book free trade is an exercise of centralized power. Maybe you'd like to explain to the class how that works...
    Sauron's ring is interdependence, which is the admitted natural outcome of Free Trade.
    Interdenpendence allows the international bankster class the power to use it to force all nations to submit to their will.

One market to rule them all,
    one market to find them,
    One market to bring them all
    and in the world government bind them.

It's used at the regional level and on the global level at the same time, the EU was created to destroy the sovereign independence of the European nations through the Common Market.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sauron's ring is interdependence, which is the admitted natural outcome of Free Trade.
    Interdenpendence allows the international bankster class the power to use it to force all nations to submit to their will.

One market to rule them all,
    one market to find them,
    One market to bring them all
    and in the world government bind them.

It's used at the regional level and on the global level at the same time, the EU was created to destroy the sovereign independence of the European nations through the Common Market.
    It doesn't shock me that you fear people being able to make their own decisions with their money.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It doesn't shock me that you fear people being able to make their own decisions with their money.
    It doesn't shock me that you prefer for foreign tyrants to give them no choice by using slave labor and other criminal methods to destroy industries and destroy the incomes of the middle and working classes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It doesn't shock me that you prefer for foreign tyrants to give them no choice by using slave labor and other criminal methods to destroy industries and destroy the incomes of the middle and working classes.
    Is there any problem in the country for which you think that the solution is more freedom rather than less?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Is there any problem in the country for which you think that the solution is more freedom rather than less?
    I've seen that argument before. "I know people can't be trusted to make rational decisions because I'm not capable of making rational decisions, and that's why you have to support the totalitarian I've made the rational decision to support!"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Almost all of them.
    Certainly far more than you.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I've changed to using tariffs. Straight across the board, uniform tariffs

Almost all of them.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.
    Freedoms rarely if ever undermine nations or destroy liberty. Government does. Government writes a thousand pages of gobbledygook and gives it a name that says it does the opposite of what it really does do.

We don't need government to protect us from freedom. We need freedom to protect ourselves from government. Or, at least, freedom from the things government does to us because someone paid it to.

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/s...62580580270495

Almost all of them.

“Freedoms that … lead to the destruction of liberty.”

Orwellian doublespeak at its finest.

Bar none this is the most asinine, ridiculous comment I’ve ever read on this forum. And there have been some doozies.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456