Thread: EV sales plummet, but no worry, new rules soon to be enacted will ban gas cars

EV sales plummet, but no worry, new rules soon to be enacted will ban gas cars

$#@! you and your market driven trends.

Report: Biden Administration to Finalize Anti-Gas Vehicle Rules by Wednesday

https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral/...-by-wednesday/

OLIVIA RONDEAU 18 Mar 2024

The Biden administration is set to finalize its harsh tailpipe emissions regulations on gas-powered vehicles on Wednesday as the push to move to electric vehicles (EVs) continues.

Industry insiders told Fox News that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will issue its new rules by Wednesday, which President Joe Biden has touted as a step in the right direction in the fight against climate change.

The EPA’s proposal was initially released in April 2023 to begin severely cutting back on gas-powered vehicles by 2027, with the White House projecting that 67 percent of new sedan, crossover, SUV, and light truck purchases would be fully electric by 2032.

“In addition, up to 50 percent of bus and garbage truck[s], 35 percent of short-haul freight tractor[s] and 25 percent of long-haul freight tractor[s]” would also be electric by 2032, according to the Fox News report.

In February 2024, however, the Biden administration attempted to compromise with auto manufacturers to give them more time. The upcoming EPA rules were slightly pushed back to go into effect in 2030 instead of 2027, Breitbart News reported.

Still, the overall policies remained the same. According to the White House, the proposal will aggressively “accelerate the clean vehicle transition” and reduce oil imports by 20 billion barrels.

Even though the EPA slightly relaxed the timeline for the electric vehicle transition, industry leaders are still speaking out against the upcoming finalization.

“It certainly won’t do anything to improve human health. It won’t do anything to reduce pollution,” American Energy Institute President and CEO Jason Isaac told Fox News. “We’ve proven in this country that we’re already a world leader in clean air. All it’s going to continue to do is push the costs of electric vehicles on to purchasers of internal combustion engine vehicles.”

“This is purely being done for campaign reasons — to really appease the leftist large donor base that are the climate alarmists that are driving this movement towards really what is a forced energy transition, which is just increasing the cost of everything,” he added.

Chet Thompson, president and CEO of the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers, has been advocating against Biden’s regulations.

“President Biden has been clear since 2020 that he intends to use his federal agencies, and the State of California, to eliminate sales of new gas cars,” Thompson told the outlet.

“While multiple administration policies push us toward this end, the EPA’s passenger vehicle standards will do most of the damage on their own — requiring approximately 70 percent of new car sales to be electric in less than eight years,” he continued, adding that the policy is “bad for consumers, the economy and national security.”

According to the industry insider, the forceful push towards electric vehicles will “sacrifice our hard-won U.S. energy strength for even greater dependence on China and the EV battery and mineral supply chain China controls.”

Thompson also pointed out that the EPA does not have an “offramp” in its proposal in case U.S. infrastructure turns out to be unable to support such a rapid transition to electric vehicles.

Republicans have already begun to fight back, with the House voting 221-197 on near-party lines in December to pass the Choice in Automobile Retail Sales (CARS) Act, which Reps. Tim Walberg (R-MI) and Andrew Clyde (R-GA) introduced.

Not only would the resolution nix the EPA’s impending rules, it would “prevent” the agency from “implementing future vehicle emissions regulations that would mandate certain technologies or limit the availability of vehicles based on engine type,” Walberg’s office said.

The House vote took place soon after nearly 4,000 car dealers sent a letter to the Biden administration asking it to reconsider, Axios reported.

“Instead of tying the hands of American car manufacturers and forcing families to purchase vehicles not conducive to their lifestyle and pricing many families out of the market, we should encourage consumer choice,” Walberg said.

The U.S. Senate has still not voted on the bill. It referred it to the Committee on Environment and Public Works after reading it.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, the Chinese CEO said it first, huh?

When was the last time you heard such tough inspirational talk from the dykes, fairies, weaklings and soulless holding companies that run America's "Big Three"?

Chinese Auto Executive: ‘Bloodbath’ Coming for American Auto Industry

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...auto-industry/

JOHN BINDER 18 Mar 2024

He Xiaopeng, the CEO of XPeng Motors, predicts a “bloodbath” against America’s auto industry with the help of cheap China-made electric vehicles (EVs).

Over the weekend, former President Donald Trump was campaigning in Andalia, Ohio, when he warned that without fierce new United States tariffs on China-made EVs, the American auto industry will face “a bloodbath for the country” with jobs lost and industry offshored.

“We’re going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the line and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected,” Trump said. “Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole, that’s going to be the least of it, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the country, that’s going to be the least of it.”

Trump’s remark mimicked comments made by Xiaopeng in a letter to XPeng employees obtained by CNBC last month. Xiaopeng suggested that “a bloodbath” is coming for the American auto industry this year.

China seeks to deliver a “brutal knockout round” against its Western competitors, including the U.S., in the global EV market, Xiaopeng said.

CNBC reported:

“This year also marks the beginning of a fierce competition that may end in a ‘bloodbath’ (or as I prefer to call it, the brutal ‘knockout round’) among Chinese auto makers,” Xiaopeng wrote in the employee memo. [Emphasis added]

“XPeng has engaged in this cutthroat competition right from the outset, thus accumulating considerable experience. Our guts, grit and perseverance, I firmly believe, will lead us to victory.”
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Waste of time...by 2032 more than half of new cars purchased will already be electric. No need to make laws IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    Waste of time...by 2032 more than half of new cars purchased will already be electric. No need to make laws IMO.
    Of course, you have no evidence for that. Electric vehicles are not even close to crossing the chasm in the US even with the massive subsidies and mandates.

EV's are a good technology for a niche market - why is that not good enough for you?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Trying hard for ESG/DEI.......
    dont worry u wont own anything be happy.

I draw the line at 25 years old for cars. I won't even consider a car made past around 2000. Ever.
    I'll go on Craigslist and pick up a project, grab the parts it needs, do what I can, and have a buddy do what I can't.
    Then I'm grandfathered in. Old is better. No GPS. No digital anything.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Of course, you have no evidence for that. Electric vehicles are not even close to crossing the chasm in the US even with the massive subsidies and mandates.

EV's are a good technology for a niche market - why is that not good enough for you?
    Hard to say. In 2023 the most popular vehicle sold in USA was Tesla Model Y.
    Tesla according to Musk is worth more than all auto manufacturers combined or something like that.
    Tesla new sports car 0-60 in less than a second with Rocket Technology.

Still won't ever catch me in one of those things driving through the plains states or anywhere near the Rockies, especially in the winter.

Mandates like these are always a great idea... never result in chaos. Nope. Never.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    Well if u got 50,000k to get a replacement quote for a new battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I draw the line at 25 years old for cars. I won't even consider a car made past around 2000. Ever.
    I'll go on Craigslist and pick up a project, grab the parts it needs, do what I can, and have a buddy do what I can't.
    Then I'm grandfathered in. Old is better. No GPS. No digital anything.
    Just like Joe Biden, all grandfathers eventually pass away.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

true

I have a Ford Truck with a Diesel engine that is going to cost me $10,000 to fix engine with bad head gasket.