Thread: The Average US Monthly Car Payment

The Average US Monthly Car Payment

No one single answer here, it's a toxic stew of numerous reasons.

Regulations, inflation of goods, material and labor across the board, high interest rates, dollar devaluation, buyer's demands, "cash for clunkers", unneeded complexity are among the top causes.

https://twitter.com/FrankDeScushin/s...57112637083684

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    blimp
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

It's mostly stupidity. People have convinced themselves they need a $50k 3 row suv for 1 kid or a guy needs an $80k truck that never tows or carries anything but a bag of mulch from home depot. You can buy a perfectly useable new car for $20k that would work for 95% of people's needs.

I'm sure the government plays a role in this. After all they do want to ban people from owning cars so that they'll have no choice but to use public transportation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Mine's been zero for years.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."