Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump fans launch GoFundMe to raise $355M ex-prez owes after civil fraud trial

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    She's got her hands full throwing the VDare folks in jail.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1760075607927648419
    THREAD: Lawfare against normal people is here (Tom Woods interview w/Lydia Brimelow)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I suspected, nobody wants to write a bond for Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fai...145515245.html

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    As I suspected, nobody wants to write a bond for Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fai...145515245.html
    From the article:

Giulietti wrote that a bond for the full $464 million "is not possible under the circumstances presented," noting that many sureties would not issue bonds above $100 million and were willing to accept only cash or securities - not real estate - as collateral.
    So, the only way to get a bond for that amount, is to have the cash, in that amount.

A kangaroo, catch 22, court.

Amazing.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    From the article:

So, the only way to get a bond for that amount, is to have the cash, in that amount.

A kangaroo, catch 22, court.

Amazing.
    Well yeah, that makes sense. Surety issuers want to be paid back. This case was about Trump overstating the value of real estate. So they are reluctant to let him use real estate as collateral.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The interest on the principal.

(Was that a real question?)
    That's a low rate of return, especially considering a long history of selective repayment of debts.

No, it'd need to be more than that. Maybe if he were on the boards of the National Committee on United States-China Relations and the US-China Business Council, he'd have much better reasons to give such a loan. Y'know, hypothetically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Well yeah, that makes sense. Surety issuers want to be paid back. This case was about Trump overstating the value of real estate. So they are reluctant to let him use real estate as collateral.
    I hear he has a 3,000,000 square foot penthouse that can cover it.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Guess the go fund me failed. So tomorrow is the day. Trump has to pay up or assetts can be seized. What is going to happen?

I was thinking let the properties go on the auction block and Trump has a representative buy them for pennies on the dollar.

I read somewhere that this would not happen because they were all multifaceted owners and would require legal court time to sell.
    My guess is NYC doesn't care. They actually don't want to solve the issue quickly. They are happy charging the VIG.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123