Thread: SWAT flash-bangs toddler at wrong house

SWAT flash-bangs toddler at wrong house

Remember Bounkham "Baby Bou Bou" Phonesavanh?

Well, they've done it again ...

SERVED. AND. PROTECTED.

https://twitter.com/jeffcharlesjr/st...10928590495760
    to: https://twitter.com/jeffcharlesjr/st...10957959082048
    {Jeff Charles @jeffcharlesjr] | 13 January 2024}

Meet Courtney Price and her 17-month-old son Waylon.

She was taking care of her baby when Ohio's @ElyriaPolice SWAT team showed up at her home, threw a flashbang grenade into the residence, then broke the door in.

It was the wrong home.

After breaking into the home, the officers led Courtney outside in handcuffs while her baby was still inside.

Waylon suffered serious injuries from the flashbang and was diagnosed with chemical pneumonitis, which is inflamation of the lungs.

To make matters worse, Waylon suffers from a condition that requires him to be fed through a feeding tube since he cannot eat with his mouth.

He was born prematurely and has a slew of health issues which were exacerbated by the flashbang grenade.

Police Chief Bill Pelko denied that the officers had the wrong house because they went to the address on the search warrant.

He also claimed that the officer did not throw the flashbang into the home, but threw it outside the home.

Unfortunately for them, video footage from the neighbor's house clearly shows the officer throwing the grenade into the home.

https://twitter.com/DoniTheDon_/stat...74455992488344
    Imagine being a mother on a peaceful afternoon, January 10, 2024. It's 2:00 P.M. in the afternoon, and you're caring for your year-old baby boy, preparing his bottle. He's nestled in his swing, watching Ms. Rachel on the television.

Everything is peaceful and calm. But in an abrupt, heart-stopping 15 seconds, tranquility is about to be shattered, turning your world into unimaginable chaos.

Then, a thunderous knock shatters the silence as the clock ticks to 2:12 pm.

This is a scary and heartbreaking story about a mother named Courtney and her son, Waylon.

Courtney anticipated her uncle coming home around that time and thought he was playing a joke on her when she heard the pounding on the door UNTIL she approached the door.

But as she reached the top of the steps, she realized this wasn’t a joke or her uncle, but it was a gang of about twenty police officers. In a whirlwind of confusion, the door violently bursts open, windows shatter, and the room fills with armed officers pointing guns at them.

Courtney, frozen in shock while seeing the world around her erupt into chaos. Guns are pointed in every direction, and a thick smoke begins to engulf the room, threatening to swallow Waylon in his swing. Out of fear for her baby boy, she screamed for her baby, pleading for his safety, emphasizing his fragile state on a ventilator. But her pleas were ignored, and she was roughly grabbed, pulled out of the house, and handcuffed.

Despite her cries, the officers inside the house showed no concern for Waylon. Over twenty of them were present, yet not one stopped to check on the baby or remove him from the dangerous smoke and debris. The SWAT team arrived with two medics, but their cursory check failed to grasp the severity of Waylon's condition. The negligence is appalling – Waylon, who was already vulnerable due to his prematurity and dependence on a ventilator, is left amidst chaos and danger.

Courtney's aunt, Redia Jenning, also shared her perspective on this horrifying incident. She stated on Facebook that she and her husband, Marlon, were at work when their home was mistakenly raided by a SWAT team. The home’s security footage captures the terrifying scene – the police never gave Courtney a chance to open the door.

Redia’s heart dropped when she saw Waylon’s condition; a baby boy already fighting health challenges is now struggling for his life in the PICU. His delicate lungs, which had shown signs of recovery, are now inflamed and infected due to the chemical exposure. He has sustained chemical burns on his body and around his eyes. Waylon's medical progress, including a planned open-heart surgery, is now heartbreakingly set back.

Courtney and her family will be seeking justice and need to replace Waylon’s medical equipment as soon as possible. I’m asking that you all share this story with anyone you can to help Courtney and her family get justice and everything they need for baby Waylon.

Thank You.

#JusticeForWaylon

Even further, the person the officers were looking for hadn't lived in that home in over two years.

In fact, officers had shown up at the house on five occasions looking for him and were told that he now lives down the street.

They had no reason to show up at this home.

Waylon had been in ICU, but is now in a regular unit. But there is no telling when Courtney will be able to bring him home.

Now, the family is seeking justice for the child.

Also, the police threw Waylon's medical equipment on the floor while searching the home.

The equipment is supposed to be sanitized, which means the family has to purchase new equipment.

The family has set up a GoFundMe.

Click here to help them obtain new equipment for Waylon.

Fundraiser: Justice for Waylon

For the full details of this horrific story, read my article:
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-14-2024 at 02:32 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Waylon had been in ICU, but is now in a regular unit. But there is no telling when Courtney will be able to bring him home.

Now, the family is seeking justice for the child.

Also, the police threw Waylon's medical equipment on the floor while searching the home.

The equipment is supposed to be sanitized, which means the family has to purchase new equipment.

The family has set up a GoFundMe.

Click here to help them obtain new equipment for Waylon.

Fundraiser: Justice for Waylon
    ↓↓↓

It’s 2pm, i am making Waylon’s bottle getting ready to feed him and then i sit down. Waylon is in his swing watching Ms. Rachel. Everything is calm & normal. In 15 seconds, everything changed. 15 seconds is all it took to flip our world upside down. 2:12pm I heard the loudest knock on the door, i expected my uncle home soon and thought he was messing with me and started walking towards the door. When i got to the top of the steps i noticed it was police and then the next thing i know the door bust open, the windows are busting out around us. I have multiple guns pointed at me and i just freeze in fear, i see my baby getting covered in smoke. I was screaming “My baby, my baby, he’s on a ventilator, my baby is in here.” I was grabbed by my arm and jerked out the door and put into handcuffs. There were 20+ officers in the house. Not one had the decency to check on my baby, get the glass off him or get him out of the smoke. Every single one was evil enough to sit there and let my baby choke and gasp for air. The SWAT team had 2 medics, one listened to him with a stethoscope and said “sounds clear” my baby did not sound clear. He doesn’t sound clear on his best day much less after inhaling a bunch of chemicals. He needed 6 more liters of oxygen, his belly was retracting SO hard and his vent settings needed turned up. The negligence from Elyria Police Department caused my baby to have burned eyes, burned chest, burned arm, burned neck. They caused my baby to stop breathing for a few seconds this morning. They caused my baby to struggle to breathe. They caused my baby to have to go all day without eating. They caused my baby to go through horrendous pain. Imagine a defenseless baby, laying in chemical filled smoke burning his eyes, body, lungs, heart for almost a whole hour and my baby seeing all kinds of people around but no one helping him. This has changed us forever. I debated on posting these pictures, but i want everyone to know what they did. I want them to see what they did to my innocent, precious baby. No apology, no nothing. Just a “Sorry, wrong house.”

We are asking for donations to help me get new medical supplies, gas and necessities as I travel to Waylon.

Updates (1)
    Today by Christina Plunkett
    Update from mom, Courtney, 01-13-24:

Waylon got moved out of ICU and moved into a regular room today We tried to wean off oxygen, he made it about 30 minutes and had to go back on. His vent settings are still high and we won’t be trying to wean them down anytime soon. My poor baby’s eyes are still so bad. He finally got to eat for the first time an hour ago. He handled it kinda well, they’re going to try to run his feeds a little slower to see if that helps him be a little more comfortable. Thank you guys for all the support, kinds messages and sharing. This can not be acceptable. Still no apology, just trying to cover everything up. Legal action is being took. This will be made right.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-14-2024 at 02:14 PM.

For the full details of this horrific story, read my article:

Article: Ohio SWAT Team Raids Wrong House, Seriously Injures Baby With Flashbang Grenade, Denies Responsibility
    Ohio SWAT Team Raids Wrong House, Seriously Injures Baby With Flashbang Grenade, Denies Responsibility
    https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/01/1...ility-n2168653
    {Jeff Charles | 12 January 2024}

Courtney Price was at home on Wednesday taking care of her one-year-old son, Waylon, when they experienced a terrifying and traumatic altercation with local law enforcement. What should have been an ordinary day took a turn for the worse when SWAT officers broke into the home, searching for a suspect.

In the aftermath of the raid, it was revealed that law enforcement had targeted the wrong home, and tragically, their actions resulted in the baby sustaining injuries. The events that unfolded left the family shaken and seeking justice for Waylon’s suffering.

Price told RedState that she had been staying with her aunt Redia and her husband for one week before the incident occurred. She recounted her experience, describing how she stood petrified as the police burst into her aunt Redia’s home, throwing a flashbang grenade into the residence and breaking windows. She was feeding her son, who has a condition requiring the use of a G-tube because he cannot eat by mouth. A little after 2 pm, she “started hearing very loud pings on the door,” and went to see what was happening.

I got up and started walking towards the door, and all I could see was a bunch of police because we were in a split-level house, so I was at the top of the steps there. All I could see was a bunch of police, and they were already hitting the door. I was trying to get to the door to open it, but I didn’t want to get hit, so I just froze on the steps. They busted it down and busted the windows out all at the same time. I was standing there, I froze. I really wanted to run to my baby and just help him because I see all that smoke getting on him. There were handguns pointed at me [with the officers] saying, ‘Get down, put your hands up, come down here.’ So I went down. They grabbed me and took me outside, put me in handcuffs.

Price explained that the officers kept her outside for 35 to 45 minutes while her son “was laying in his swing, covered in glass, covered in smoke, choking, gasping for air.”

One of the medics who were present at the scene placed a stethoscope on Waylon’s chest and indicated that he “sounds clear.” But the mother could see this was not the case. “My baby was blood-red, gasping for air,” she said. “He could not breathe. I asked for paramedics to be called. Paramedics were called, and the paramedics were amazing…they were amazing and helped so much.”

[image hidden to save space]

Upon arriving at the hospital, she was told that her son had pneumonia but did not believe it was related to the incident. But after Waylon was taken home, his situation deteriorated. She said:

That night, my son quit breathing, and I was able to…bring him back up. I kept him at home, and then, early morning, he quit breathing again. I had him maxed out on oxygen, maxed out on everything I had at home, and he was still [declining] into the low 80s. So we called 911 again and had an ambulance come.

Price said they went to the same hospital, but Waylon’s condition had worsened to the point that he needed to be transferred to a higher-ranked hospital. He was taken to Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, where it was revealed that he did not have pneumonia but was suffering from chemical pneumonitis.

He has chemical pneumonitis, which is inflammation in the lungs, irritation in the lungs. His soft tissue is irritated and inflamed. His heart is irritated and inflamed. He has chemical burns around his eyes. He had light chemical burns on his chest, arms, belly, and that has since gotten a lot better. The eyes are still pretty bad. My son was born so premature, he already had eye issues, and now we don’t know how it’s going to affect his eyes.

Waylon was recently moved out of the ICU, but the mother said, “he still has a long road ahead of him and won’t be getting out anytime soon.”

[image hidden to save space]

Elyria Police Chief Bill Pelko defended the officers, in an interview with a local news outlet:

“We hit the right house on Parmely,” Pelko said. “The search warrant was for 331 Parmely, that was the correct house. This wasn’t a case of us hitting the wrong house.”

Law enforcement had been looking for a 14-year-old black suspect who had previously lived in the house before Redia and her husband, Marlon Jennings. She explained to RedState:

They had been to the house five times within the last year looking for this little boy, and we’ve told them every time that he doesn’t live here. He hasn’t lived here in two years now. It was the previous residents before us. The little boy is black, and my uncle (Marlon) is also black. The rest of us are all white. He pointed at my uncle’s picture on the wall and said, ‘Are you sure this isn’t your family, the little boy?’ I said, ‘Yes, I’m positive. I’ve never seen him before in my life.’

In a press release, the Elyria Police Department claimed that the flashbang grenades “were deployed outside of the residence,” and insisted that the devices “do not produce a continuous burn and they do not deploy or contain any pepper gas or chemical agents.”

https://www.facebook.com/elyriapolic...66754732151880
    {Elyria Police Department | 12 January 2024}

PRESS RELEASE

Elyria, OH – On January 10, 2024, Elyria Police Detectives obtained a court-authorized search warrant for the residence located at 331 Parmely Ave., Elyria, Ohio, as part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

At approximately 2:12 p.m., the Elyria Police Special Response Team (SRT) executed the search warrant at 331 Parmely Ave. which was the correct address of the search warrant.

During the tactical operation, two diversionary devices, commonly known as a "flash-bangs" were deployed outside of the residence. These devices produce sound and light that is noticeable in day or night conditions and are intended to distract the suspects attention. Diversionary devices do not produce a continuous burn and they do not deploy or contain any pepper gas or chemical agents.

After repeated announcements, the tactical team entered the interior of the residence, where an adult female and her 17-month-old child were located. The female informed officers that the child had a pre-existing medical condition. Elyria Police Detectives, Elyria Fire Paramedics and the mother assessed the condition of the child, confirming that the child did not sustain any apparent, visible injuries.

The child's mother informed detectives that she intended on taking the child to the hospital due to the child's pre-existing illness unrelated to the tactical operation; however, she lacked an available car seat for transportation.

Elyria Police detectives called Lifecare Ambulance to the scene to provide any medical attention that EMS deemed necessary. Lifecare Paramedics arrived on the scene, and the medics assessed the child and provided transportation to a nearby hospital.

Any allegation suggesting the child was exposed to chemical agents, lack of medical attention or negligence is not true.

The investigation that led to the affidavit to obtain a search warrant for 331 Parmely Ave. in Elyria Ohio remains active and ongoing. As the investigation progresses, additional details will be released to the public.

Lt. Bill Lantz - Elyria Police Investigative Division

The second and third paragraphs read, in full [see above]:

At approximately 2:12 p.m., the Elyria Police Special Response Team (SRT) executed the search warrant at 331 Parmely Ave. which was the correct address of the search warrant.

During the tactical operation, two diversionary devices, commonly known as a "flash-bangs" were deployed outside of the residence. These devices produce sound and light that is noticeable in day or night conditions and are intended to distract the suspects attention. Diversionary devices do not produce a continuous burn and they do not deploy or contain any pepper gas or chemical agents.

However, the above footage from the neighbor’s Ring camera shows an officer hurling the device into the home--with the noticeable presence of smoke.

The family is now faced with the daunting task of seeking justice while also making sure Waylon receives the medical treatment he needs. Price told RedState that during the raid, the officers knocked to the floor the child’s medical equipment, which is supposed to stay sanitized. The family is trying to raise funds to purchase new equipment. The family has set up a GoFundMe campaign to help cover the medical expenses.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-14-2024 at 02:53 PM.

https://twitter.com/jeffcharlesjr/st...07277835940045
    {Jeff Charles @jeffcharlesjr] | 13 January 2024}

Statement from Elyria Mayor Kevin Brubaker on the incident in which police officers conducted a raid on a home and threw flashbang grenades into the residence, injuring a one-year-old baby:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...00064692400731
    {City of Elyria, Ohio | 13 January 2024}

From the Mayor's Office:

I take seriously allegations of police misconduct. When those allegations involve a child I become deeply concerned.

When I first became aware of the allegations regarding the search warrant on Parmely Ave., I instructed my team to immediately gather all available information, including bodycam footage.

My team and I are reviewing that footage now. While there is a standard process of redacting personal information to protect residents’ privacy before such footage can be released, I have requested that process be expedited.

All bodycam footage of this incident will be released to the public to the fullest extent permitted by law. I want you all to have the facts and know exactly what occurred in this situation.

In the meantime, my thoughts are with Baby Waylon. As a father myself, my heart goes out to any child struggling with special health needs. Please join me in sharing a thought or prayer for him.

More to come. Take care.
    -Mayor Brubaker

NOT INTENTIONALLY MALEVOLENT

Clearly, baby Waylon did this to himself.

[...]

Police Chief Bill Pelko denied that the officers had the wrong house because they went to the address on the search warrant.

He also claimed that the officer did not throw the flashbang into the home, but threw it outside the home.

Unfortunately for them, video footage from the neighbor's house clearly shows the officer throwing the grenade into the home.

[...] Out of fear for her baby boy, she screamed for her baby, pleading for his safety, emphasizing his fragile state on a ventilator. But her pleas were ignored, and she was roughly grabbed, pulled out of the house, and handcuffed.

Despite her cries, the officers inside the house showed no concern for Waylon. Over twenty of them were present, yet not one stopped to check on the baby or remove him from the dangerous smoke and debris. The SWAT team arrived with two medics, but their cursory check failed to grasp the severity of Waylon's condition. The negligence is appalling – Waylon, who was already vulnerable due to his prematurity and dependence on a ventilator, is left amidst chaos and danger.

[...]
    [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney Price (Waylon's mother) View Post
    [...] There were 20+ officers in the house. Not one had the decency to check on my baby, get the glass off him or get him out of the smoke. Every single one was evil enough to sit there and let my baby choke and gasp for air. The SWAT team had 2 medics, one listened to him with a stethoscope and said “sounds clear” my baby did not sound clear. He doesn’t sound clear on his best day much less after inhaling a bunch of chemicals. He needed 6 more liters of oxygen, his belly was retracting SO hard and his vent settings needed turned up. The negligence from Elyria Police Department caused my baby to have burned eyes, burned chest, burned arm, burned neck. They caused my baby to stop breathing for a few seconds this morning. They caused my baby to struggle to breathe. They caused my baby to have to go all day without eating. They caused my baby to go through horrendous pain. Imagine a defenseless baby, laying in chemical filled smoke burning his eyes, body, lungs, heart for almost a whole hour and my baby seeing all kinds of people around but no one helping him. This has changed us forever. I debated on posting these pictures, but i want everyone to know what they did. I want them to see what they did to my innocent, precious baby. No apology, no nothing. Just a “Sorry, wrong house.”
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-14-2024 at 02:42 PM.

CANT EVEN GET THE RIGHT HOUSE...DOOR DASH CAN FIND THE RIGHT HOUSE!!!

youll be missing at least one item and drink but

IT WILL BE THE RIGHT FKN ADDRESS!!!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Family Says Child Was Injured by Police Looking for Tenant Who'd Move Out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HquWCiDvC0o
    {Steve Lehto | 14 January 2024}

“We investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing. Policies and procedures were followed, so f*ck you.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What the hell is everyone complaining about? It’s just part of the price we pay to live in a civilized, prosperous and safe socie … hey, wait a minute!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Policies and procedures were followed, .”
    I've often wondered, why does department policy always supersede the law?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I've often wondered, why does department policy always supersede the law?
    Didn’t you hear? They are the law. Kind of like how Fauci is The Science.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28