Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud, Stripping Control of Key Properties

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump benefits more from delay than they do. If elected, he'll use the entire executive branch as his law firm
    Good, hopefully they all go to prison for a long, long time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    What delay?
    The appeal itself is a delay
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Good, hopefully they all go to prison for a long, long time.
    Lock her up!
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Regardless, the easement would not in any way, shape or form reduce the value of that property from hundreds of millions of dollars to 18 million dollars. That's preposterous, and everyone who doesn't have TDS knows this. This is textbook lawfare, and James and Engoron should be both disbarred and imprisoned for fraud and malicious prosecution (I just made that one up, I think). Any or other way, however, this ruling is absurd on it's face, and is destructive to the principle of a free and fair judicial system.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Regardless, the easement would not in any way, shape or form reduce the value of that property from hundreds of millions of dollars to 18 million dollars. That's preposterous, and everyone who doesn't have TDS knows this. This is textbook lawfare, and James and Engoron should be both disbarred and imprisoned for fraud and malicious prosecution (I just made that one up, I think). Any or other way, however, this ruling is absurd on it's face, and is destructive to the principle of a free and fair judicial system.
    Not to 18 million. But the easment does significantlly reduce the value.

Lock her up!
    Did Hillary ever try to steal his properties?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The 175 seems like a decent compromise for all involved.
    A compromise would be the Judge and prosecutor don't go to prison. A good compromise would be they only go to prison for 5 years.

Trump could easily negotiate away the easement by building a park in the city for $20 million.

The easement means almost nothing in the grand scheme of things.

The appeal itself is a delay
    That's my point which you seem to not understand Without somebody making the appeal bond there is no appeal.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

There were other reasons to lock Hillary up. But here's why that didn't happen.

Oh look, and here Bill swapped out Hillary for a younger model more on par with Trump's wife Melania.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump could easily negotiate away the easement by building a park in the city for $20 million.

The easement means almost nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    You aren't wrong, but the reason you aren't wrong is that real estate development in south Florida is notoriuosly corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Before believing some buyer would be willing to pay $200 million + for the property I'd want to see a current appraisal of Mar-a-Lago (done by an expert not hired by either Trump or the NY AG) that values the property taking into account the existing conservation easement on it. It's doubtful the comparables the lady in the video referred to are similarly restricted.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post7214771
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

It might reduce the value of the property by a few million... maybe even a hundred million, for argument's sake, but would still be worth well north of one or two hundred million dollars.

This whole business is an absolute, unadulterated sham. No right-thinking, honest person would see it any other way.

N.Y. appeals court reduces Trump's bond in his civil fraud case to $175 million, a victory for the former president.

A state appeals court ruled that Donald Trump and his co-defendants in the New York civil fraud case have 10 days to post a $175 million bond, down from the $464 million judgment that was originally due Monday.

The 11th-hour ruling from a panel of state Appellate Division judges, all appointed by Democratic governors, is a major victory and relief for the former president, whose attorneys had said coming up with the larger bond was a “practical impossibility.” The ruling also means state Attorney General Letitia James’ office cannot yet begin collecting on the judgment.

“I greatly respect the decision of the appellate division and I’ll post the $175 million in cash or bonds or security or whatever is necessary very quickly within the 10 days, and I thank the appellate division for acting quickly,” Trump said in front of cameras after he left a New York courtroom for a hearing in the hush money case.

Trump's lawyers said in one filing a week ago that they hadn’t been able at that point to secure a bond, and believed it was “a practical impossibility.” They said that they approached 30 surety companies through four separate brokers, trying to negotiate with the world’s largest insurance companies.

The other bond companies will not “accept hard assets such as real estate as collateral,” but “will only accept cash or cash equivalents (such as marketable securities),” his lawyers said.

Trump’s lawyers had asked the state appeals court to either reduce the amount of money he had to post or stay the award without him posting any security while he appeals Engoron’s order.

The decision Monday also puts a stay on the part of the original judgment that barred Trump from serving as a public officer of a company, as well as the prohibitions placed on Weisselberg, McConney, Donald Trump Jr. And Eric Trump.

Trump celebrated the ruling in a post on Truth Social, attacking Engoron and reiterating that he believes he did nothing wrong. Speaking to reporters outside an unrelated hearing in his New York criminal case, he called Engoron "a disgrace to this country."

Alina Habba, the former president's lawyer in the civil fraud case, said in a statement, “We are extremely pleased with the ruling issued by the Appellate Division. This monumental holding reigns in Judge Engoron’s verdict, which is an affront to all Americans. This is the first important step in fighting back against Letitia James and her targeted witch hunt against my client which started before she ever stepped foot in office."
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    It might reduce the value of the property by a few million... maybe even a hundred million, for argument's sake, but would still be worth well north of one or two hundred million dollars.

This whole business is an absolute, unadulterated sham. No right-thinking, honest person would see it any other way.
    Oh it's more than a few million. An easment like that means you can't knock the existing buildings down and build new. Which is what usually happens to an older building like that around here. Typically somebody gets bribed and it goes away though.

I don't think the whole thing is a sham. Trump did what they accused him of. So did lots of others and got away with it. Trump chose to go into politics so this came back to bite him in the ass. It is what it is. The valuation of Mar a Lago at 18 million is a sham for sure.

Did broccoli ever razzledazzle?
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's my point which you seem to not understand Without somebody making the appeal bond there is no appeal.
    They have to balance the chance of success on the appeal against paying interest on the judgement for however long the appeal takes.

For one of them, it's worth it, for others it's not.
    Pinochet is the model

Did broccoli ever razzledazzle?
    Well that’s probably the most coherent thing I’ve ever heard a democrat say.

Nice job. Keep up the good work.
    No - No - No - No

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh it's more than a few million. An easment like that means you can't knock the existing buildings down and build new. Which is what usually happens to an older building like that around here. Typically somebody gets bribed and it goes away though.

I don't think the whole thing is a sham. Trump did what they accused him of. So did lots of others and got away with it. Trump chose to go into politics so this came back to bite him in the ass. It is what it is. The valuation of Mar a Lago at 18 million is a sham for sure.
    It's lawfare specifically targeted at him. There are politicos all throughout FedGov who are doing the same, if not worse, everyday and not a SINGLE ONE OF THEM get frog-marched into a courthouse and punished with a BS summary judgment, and even if one did there is NO WAY they'd be hung with a half a billion dollar bond. No way.

And with the lenders attesting that they were paid in full and were happy to do business with Trump and would be happy to do so again, this case had literally no standing in the state of New York. Which is why we are seeing major players in that market pulling out and going elsewhere... and why wouldn't you? The stat just signaled that if you somehow become persona non grata, they're going to use their courts to destroy you. This is banana republic stuff, and it's going to contribute to the eventual, inevitable dissolution of the union. So, in a sense, I guess it's good. It's BS... but it ultimately is good...

You aren't wrong, but the reason you aren't wrong is that real estate development in south Florida is notoriuosly corrupt.
    Real estate development everywhere is "corrupt" by its nature because it is controlled by government.

How much is your car worth? When you take it to the dealer to trade up, do you tell them that it is worth more than you think it is because you are negotiating? Is that fraud? Should you be fined? Is there an exact value that your car is worth? Who determines that?

The entire notion is complete bull$#@!. The "others" didn't "get away" with anything, that's just how business works, always has. That's what Kevin O'leary was explaining on CNN.

The banks did their own appraisals, approved the loans and got paid back.

It IS ABSOLUTELY a sham, the Judge didn't allow some witnesses to testify because they were going to testify in Trump's favor.

The Judge belongs in prison.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status...13803939590250

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Do you think he will be made financially whole when this is over? Will his net worth be more or less than it would have been had he not gotten into politics?

Trump DJT Stock SOARS Over 50%, Trump Make $5.4B, Democrats Say NO WAY Its Worth That Much

They have to balance the chance of success on the appeal against paying interest on the judgement for however long the appeal takes.

For one of them, it's worth it, for others it's not.
    Well it seems like you might have been right. Trump got a 10 day extension to pay $175 million of the bond.

Anarcho-tyranny

https://twitter.com/GlenBradley/stat...83472623513760

Jon Stewart benefited by 829% ‘overvalue’ of his NYC home even as he labels Trump’s civil case ‘not victimless’
    https://nypost.com/2024/03/27/real-e...c-home-by-829/
    {Mary K. Jacob | 27 March 2024}

Comedian Jon Stewart ranted this week that Donald Trump’s civil real-estate case overvaluing his properties was “not victimless,” yet when it came to his own home, Stewart benefited from a similar inflation.

On Monday night, Stewart, 61, unpacked Trump’s $454 million appeal bond, calling out experts framing the former president’s New York civil case as not causing direct harm to any individual.

“The Daily Show” host rolled a clip of CNN’s Laura Coates interviewing “Shark Tank” star Kevin O’Leary, who commented that the ruling didn’t “go over well” with the real estate industry that was now fretting over the possibility of becoming the next target.

Coates responds to O’Leary by highlighting that Trump was found liable for falsifying business records in the second degree, issuing false financial statements, insurance fraud and conspiracy, all due to asset inflation.

“Everything that you just listed off is done by every real estate developer everywhere on Earth in every city. This has never been prosecuted,” O’Leary replied.

In response, Stewart asked: “How is he not this mad about overvaluations in the real world?”

“Because they are not victimless crimes,” he said.

To further his point, Stewart argued that “money isn’t infinite. A loan that goes to the liar doesn’t go to someone who’s giving a more honest evaluation. So the system becomes incentivized for corruption.”

Stewart also contended that failing to declare a higher market value on a property, while paying taxes based on a lower assessed value, constitutes fraudulent behavior.

“The attorney general of New York knew that Trump’s property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties,” Stewart added. “It was all part of a very specific real estate practice known as lying.”

But it didn’t take long for internet sleuths to look into Stewart’s own property history, which shows his New York City penthouse sold for 829% more than its assessed value, records confirmed by The Post reveal.

In 2014, Stewart sold his 6,280-square-foot Tribeca duplex to financier Parag Pande for $17.5 million. The property’s asking price at that time is not available in listing records.

But according to 2013-2014 assessor records obtained by The Post, the property had the estimated market-value at only $1.882 million.

The actual assessor valuation was even lower, at $847,174.

Records also show that Stewart paid significantly lower property taxes, which were calculated based on that assessor valuation price — precisely what he called Trump out for doing in his Monday monologue.

Pande, who purchased the penthouse from Stewart, then resold the property at a nearly 26% loss, according to the Real Deal — at just over $13 million — in 2021.

The 2013-2014 property assessment of Jon Stewart’s Tribeca penthouse.

Timothy Pool, a political commentator known for more right-leaning views, alleged on X that Stewart was being a hypocrite.

“Did @jonstewart commit fraud when he sold his penthouse for $17.5M? NY listed its market value at $1.8M an AV at around 800k… Who did he defraud?? I am SHOCKED,” he wrote.

“This is right in [Letitia James’] jurisdiction! I look forward to the grand jury indictment,” a user quipped in response to the tweet.

Stewart’s reps did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.
    Meanwhile, the New York assessor valuation on Stewart’s former penthouse is the exact same citation method and metric that New York Attorney General Letitia James used to value Trump’s private and personal properties, and then sued him for inflating those assets.

Market value was not considered throughout the case.

This includes Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, known as his main residence, which was assessed at only $18 million at the time.

Real estate brokers had valued the property at 50 times more than that amount.

Same for his private 200-acre New York family estate in Westchester, which was assessed between $30 million and $56 million.

Trump had valued the property, known as Seven Springs, at $261 million.

The difference between Stewart and Trump’s cases is that a judge ruled that Trump sometimes exaggerated to lenders about how big his properties were, including the square footage of his Trump Tower apartment.

Last month, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron ordered Trump to pay $355 million — and temporarily banned him from doing business in the state — relying heavily on the assessed valuations of the properties to determine the ruling.

The $454 million bond to appeal the ruling marks the highest bond ever recorded in United States history against a single individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Anarcho-tyranny

https://twitter.com/GlenBradley/stat...83472623513760

Jon Stewart benefited by 829% ‘overvalue’ of his NYC home even as he labels Trump’s civil case ‘not victimless’

Comedian Jon Stewart ranted this week that Donald Trump’s civil real-estate case overvaluing his properties was “not victimless,” yet when it came to his own home, Stewart benefited from a similar inflation.

On Monday night, Stewart, 61, unpacked Trump’s $454 million appeal bond, calling out experts framing the former president’s New York civil case as not causing direct harm to any individual.

“The Daily Show” host rolled a clip of CNN’s Laura Coates interviewing “Shark Tank” star Kevin O’Leary, who commented that the ruling didn’t “go over well” with the real estate industry that was now fretting over the possibility of becoming the next target.

Coates responds to O’Leary by highlighting that Trump was found liable for falsifying business records in the second degree, issuing false financial statements, insurance fraud and conspiracy, all due to asset inflation.

“Everything that you just listed off is done by every real estate developer everywhere on Earth in every city. This has never been prosecuted,” O’Leary replied.

In response, Stewart asked: “How is he not this mad about overvaluations in the real world?”

“Because they are not victimless crimes,” he said.

To further his point, Stewart argued that “money isn’t infinite. A loan that goes to the liar doesn’t go to someone who’s giving a more honest evaluation. So the system becomes incentivized for corruption.”

Stewart also contended that failing to declare a higher market value on a property, while paying taxes based on a lower assessed value, constitutes fraudulent behavior.

“The attorney general of New York knew that Trump’s property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties,” Stewart added. “It was all part of a very specific real estate practice known as lying.”

But it didn’t take long for internet sleuths to look into Stewart’s own property history, which shows his New York City penthouse sold for 829% more than its assessed value, records confirmed by The Post reveal.

In 2014, Stewart sold his 6,280-square-foot Tribeca duplex to financier Parag Pande for $17.5 million. The property’s asking price at that time is not available in listing records.

But according to 2013-2014 assessor records obtained by The Post, the property had the estimated market-value at only $1.882 million.

The actual assessor valuation was even lower, at $847,174.

Records also show that Stewart paid significantly lower property taxes, which were calculated based on that assessor valuation price — precisely what he called Trump out for doing in his Monday monologue.

Pande, who purchased the penthouse from Stewart, then resold the property at a nearly 26% loss, according to the Real Deal — at just over $13 million — in 2021.

The 2013-2014 property assessment of Jon Stewart’s Tribeca penthouse.

Timothy Pool, a political commentator known for more right-leaning views, alleged on X that Stewart was being a hypocrite.

“Did @jonstewart commit fraud when he sold his penthouse for $17.5M? NY listed its market value at $1.8M an AV at around 800k… Who did he defraud?? I am SHOCKED,” he wrote.

“This is right in [Letitia James’] jurisdiction! I look forward to the grand jury indictment,” a user quipped in response to the tweet.

Stewart’s reps did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.
    Meanwhile, the New York assessor valuation on Stewart’s former penthouse is the exact same citation method and metric that New York Attorney General Letitia James used to value Trump’s private and personal properties, and then sued him for inflating those assets.

Market value was not considered throughout the case.

This includes Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, known as his main residence, which was assessed at only $18 million at the time.

Real estate brokers had valued the property at 50 times more than that amount.

Same for his private 200-acre New York family estate in Westchester, which was assessed between $30 million and $56 million.

Trump had valued the property, known as Seven Springs, at $261 million.

The difference between Stewart and Trump’s cases is that a judge ruled that Trump sometimes exaggerated to lenders about how big his properties were, including the square footage of his Trump Tower apartment.

Last month, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron ordered Trump to pay $355 million — and temporarily banned him from doing business in the state — relying heavily on the assessed valuations of the properties to determine the ruling.

The $454 million bond to appeal the ruling marks the highest bond ever recorded in United States history against a single individual.
    That is what happens when you are in the radar.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

[...]
    https://twitter.com/jonstewart/statu...94797676253293

https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/statu...28625749958737

Aren't you proving Stewart's point?
    Pinochet is the model

Aren't you proving Stewart's point?
    Is who proving what point?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Do you think that the county wouldn't agree to terminate the easement and receive the tax windfall that would be due to them in that situation?
    The county can't terminate the easement because it doesn't own it. The easement was granted to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Even assuming that the Trust could release the easement without a court order and without jeopardizing its tax-exempt status, it could demand such an exorbitant amount for the release such that no buyer would be willing to pay.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast