Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud, Stripping Control of Key Properties

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Then there are those that say Trump is the deep state or paid opposition or???
    And..?

What do you think they can't or won't do to make their controlled opp look legit? You think they wouldn't call him mean names? You think this case wasn't rigged?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And..?

What do you think they can't or won't do to make their controlled opp look legit? You think they wouldn't call him mean names? You think this case wasn't rigged?
    Do you think he will be made financially whole when this is over? Will his net worth be more or less than it would have been had he not gotten into politics?
    From what I see, people with $200,000 salaries amass great wealth from a few years in politics. If he is deep state and playing along, he should be well compensated.

Do you think he will be made financially whole when this is over?
    Never mind that this is a clown operation...

You're going to be a lot more uncertain where your next meal is coming from than he ever will be. Ever.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-22-2024 at 05:17 AM.

You're going to be a lot more uncertain where your next meal is coming from than he ever will be. Ever.
    That may be true but, has no bearing on the diminishment or advancement of his wealth.
    Do you think Trump's and his total assets will be worth more in the future from him being a deep state asset?
    Do you support the NY charges and what they are doing to him?

That may be true but, has no bearing on the diminishment or advancement of his wealth.
    Do you think Trump's and his total assets will be worth more in the future from him being a deep state asset?
    Already are.

Do you support the NY charges and what they are doing to him?
    When I called it a rigged clown show, you thought that might be complimentary..?

Already are.

When I called it a rigged clown show, you thought that might be complimentary..?
    We should understand that some threads are very long, and some comments are interlinked with many threads. I don't remember or maybe never read what you have said previously. Furthermore as I am sure you would attest, just because someone says something about xyz doesn't mean they would be consistent or think the same about ABC.
    So are you insinuating or stating as fact that Trump's assets will be worth more after he loses a half billion to NYC? Is this opinion or actual fact?

So are you insinuating or stating as fact that Trump's assets will be worth more after he loses a half billion to NYC? Is this opinion or actual fact?
    I have no idea what, if any, electrons are going to get shuffled around in real bank computers over this soap opera.

Are you saying that Trump hasn't been making bank since January 2017?

I have no idea what, if any, electrons are going to get shuffled around in real bank computers over this soap opera.

Are you saying that Trump hasn't been making bank since January 2017?
    I have no idea.
    Any person with investments and On Going Concerns should be getting a ROI that justifies the ownership.
    My guess/opinion is that being President of the USA and the after effect has not enhanced his wealth or portfolio. I am pretty confident that his wealth would be much greater had he not been in politics. But I clearly admit I have no idea or basis for my opinion.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My guess/opinion is that being President of the USA and the after effect has not enhanced his wealth or portfolio.
    My guess is that's terribly naive.

My guess is that's terribly naive.
    How about you set up a poll?

1. This thread is six months old.

2. I'm not the OP.

3. Whether or not people think the Trumps and Kushners have made a mint from his activities the last eight years has no bearing whatsoever on what has happened in reality.

There is no safety in naivete no matter how many people join you there. Quite the opposite. A crowd of naive people just makes it harder to get out when the place catches fire.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-22-2024 at 08:01 AM.

Even CNN admits a flash sale of Mara Lago could gross hundreds of millions, yet the corrupt NY judge said it was only worth $18million. The entire trial is a fraud on us all.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Before believing some buyer would be willing to pay $200 million + for the property I'd want to see a current appraisal of Mar-a-Lago (done by an expert not hired by either Trump or the NY AG) that values the property taking into account the existing conservation easement on it. It's doubtful the comparables the lady in the video referred to are similarly restricted.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

It is always the right time for a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Before believing some buyer would be willing to pay $200 million + for the property I'd want to see a current appraisal of Mar-a-Lago (done by an expert not hired by either Trump or the NY AG) that values the property taking into account the existing conservation easement on it. It's doubtful the comparables the lady in the video referred to are similarly restricted.
    Yes, it's about what it would sell for. Does the existing conservation easement really play into it the purchasing price in a bad way? Why would the new buyer base their valuation on that when they could do away with it?

But Palm Beach real estate agents who specialize in high-end properties scoffed at the idea that the estate could be worth that little, in the unlikely event Trump ever sold.

“Ludicrous,” agent Liza Pulitzer said about the judge citing the county’s tax appraisal as a benchmark. Homes a tenth the size of Mar-a-Lago on tiny inland lots sell for that in the Town of Palm Beach, a wealthy island enclave.

“The entire real estate community felt it was a joke when they saw that figure,” said Pulitzer, who works for the firm Brown Harris Stevens.

“That thing would get snapped up for hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars,” said Rob Thomson, owner of Waterfront Properties and a Mar-a-Lago member. “There is zero chance that it’s going to sell for $40 million or $50 million.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...is-fraud-trial
    Last edited by tebowlives; 03-22-2024 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Yes, it's about what it would sell for. Does the existing conservation easement really play into it the purchasing price in a bad way? Why would the new buyer base their valuation on that when they could do away with it?
    What makes you think the buyer could eliminate the easement?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What makes you think the buyer could eliminate the easement?
    That's true. Pay the going rate which is understandable. Take away the tax benefits which is not understandable.

That's true. Pay the going rate which is understandable. Take away the tax benefits which is not understandable.
    There is no "going rate". The owner of the easement, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, could charge whatever it wanted to terminate the easement, even assuming it could legally terminate the easement without a court order and without jeopardizing its tax-exempt status, both of which are extremely doubtful.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

There is no "going rate". The owner of the easement, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, could charge whatever it wanted to terminate the easement, even assuming it could legally terminate the easement without a court order and without jeopardizing its tax-exempt status, both of which are extremely doubtful.
    Going rate as in the selling price at that time

Why don't Trump's sons post their own appeal bond?

I'm not a Trump fan, but I think these civil cases are a joke. I agree with Kevin O'Leary's assessment that if inflating assets to secure a bank loan is a crime then there are a LOT of real estate developers that need to be prosecuted. That said, to day is the deadline for the $454 million bond from Donald Trump. But he wasn't the only one convicted. From this article on The Hill:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...ud-case-nears/

The trial and its aftermath have also enveloped his adult children, specifically Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr., both of whom serve as executive vice presidents of the Trump Organization. The brothers were ordered to pay more than $4.6 million each and were barred for two years from serving in top leadership roles for any New York company.

They each have just as much right to appeal a $4.6 million judgment as their dad has to appeal a $454 million judgment. At the appeal bond would be 1% of what their dad has to pay. Surely between the 3 of them they can come up with $4.6 million. That GoFundMe for Trump made it to $2.5 million. It would be the exact same issues on appeal so as long as one defendant won on appeal all would be able to take advantage of it. Or am I missing something?

Edit: I still don't like Trump. But legal puzzles like this fascinate me.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Going rate as in the selling price at that time
    You seem to think that the buyer can buy the property from the owner and extinguish the easement. He can't. He will have to take the property subject to the easement and all of its restrictions.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    ... $454 million bond ...
    I have no idea how any of this stuff is going to play out, but what I do know is:

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

New York Appeals Court Pauses $464M Judgment Against Trump

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...against-trump/

KRISTINA WONG 25 Mar 2024

A New York appeals court on Monday said it would pause the clock on enforcing a $464 million judgment against former President Donald Trump, according to a report.

The state appeals court panel said it would stop the clock if the Trump Organization and top executives posted a $175 million within 10 days, as reported by the Associated Press.

The dramatic last minute reprieve comes after Trump’s lawyers said it would be impossible for him to secure that amount of cash.

Trump posted on Truth Social that he would abide by the decision of the appeals court.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

You seem to think that the buyer can buy the property from the owner and extinguish the easement. He can't. He will have to take the property subject to the easement and all of its restrictions.
    Do you think that the county wouldn't agree to terminate the easement and receive the tax windfall that would be due to them in that situation?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    New York Appeals Court Pauses $464M Judgment Against Trump

Trump posted on Truth Social that he would abide by the decision of the appeals court.
    What choice does Trump have? Of course he will abide by the decision of the appeals court.

The 175 seems like a decent compromise for all involved.

Based on what? Isn't it about how the property will be used? So why wouldn't it be up to the property owner?

Trump benefits more from delay than they do. If elected, he'll use the entire executive branch as his law firm
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump benefits more from delay than they do. If elected, he'll use the entire executive branch as his law firm
    What delay? If he doesn't make the appeal bond then it's over unless he can file a Rule 60 motion within a year and a rule 60 motion doesn't stop the judgment from going into effect. He could file a Rule 59 motion for a new trial which would give him more time because a Rule 59 motion stops the execution of a judgment until it is ruled on. But he may have just filed a notice of appeal which would preclude the Rule 59.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Based on what? Isn't it about how the property will be used? So why wouldn't it be up to the property owner?
    No in Florida they would have to go to court and have it changed. Realistically, in this part of Florida knowing the right people plus a few well placed bribes and it wouldn't be much trouble to get rid of the easment. It happens every day here.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast