Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California crime craziness

Exclamation California crime craziness

LAPD - If you are being robbed, do not resist robbery suspects; cooperate and comply

LAPD Advises City Residents to ‘Cooperate and Comply’ with Robbers

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...omply-robbers/

AWR HAWKINS 10 Nov 2021

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) tweeted a release Tuesday advising city residents to “cooperate and comply” when being robbed.

The release begins:

Due an increase in violent street robberies, Robbery-Homicide Division has become aware of an ongoing crime trend of follow-home robberies. Suspects have been locating victims in Los Angeles, following them, and then committing the robberies as the victim arrives home or at their business….These crimes have occurred throughout the City of Los Angles as well as neighboring cities. Different suspects have been identified and arrested for these types of crimes.

LAPD then uses the release to outline seven points conveying the department’s advice for what city residents ought to do in response to the robberies.

Point five on the release says, “If you are being robbed, do not resist the robbery suspects; cooperate and comply with their demands. Be good citizens.”

California is one of the most stringently gun-controlled states in the Union. The state has had universal background checks and an “assault weapons” ban since the 1990s.

Moreover, the state limits the number of guns law-abiding citizens can buy each month, requires law-abiding citizens to show “good cause” in order to be approved for a concealed carry permit, bans campus carry for self-defense, bans K-12 teachers from having guns for classroom defense, has a ten-day waiting period on gun purchases, has gun registration requirements for law-abiding citizens, has a red flag law, and the state also has a ban on “high-capacity” magazines (which is currently being litigated).

Additionally, California has ammunition controls which include background checks for ammunition purchases and said purchases to in-state ammunition dealers who are approved by the state.

In spite of all the gun and ammunition controls, Los Angeles is seeing “an increase in violent street robberies.”
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-12-2024 at 02:23 AM. Reason: added original thread title to post after merges
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

That's right. Give the tax collectors what they want, so they can give it to Enron Solyndra Pfizer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Cooperate and comply? That sounds like something fascists say.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Meanwhile in Connecticut:

https://twitter.com/goodblackdude/st...04273588002817
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

lock yourself in your cave
    eat what we tell you
    be quite and let the zombies pass?

wtf is this garbage, take it in the A, you deserve it!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Same thing here,been like that for a while. I watched a guy walk out with a shopping cart full of food, nobody tried to stop him. I guess it's the same at the big box hardware's.
    "The Patriarch"

We have officially reached Turd World status.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Same thing here,been like that for a while. I watched a guy walk out with a shopping cart full of food, nobody tried to stop him. I guess it's the same at the big box hardware's.
    This will become even more common with massive inflation. The end result is there will no longer be anything on the shelves and stores will shut down. Welcome to Soviet Amerika.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    eat what we tell you
    Yes, pretty much exactly that. From San Francisco:

"should they tolerate burglaries as a part of city living, and focus on barricading homes" ... ?

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/stat...38956204924928

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This will become even more common with massive inflation. The end result is there will no longer be anything on the shelves and stores will shut down. Welcome to Soviet Amerika.
    Civilization is literally being allowed to fray and unravel - and most of us boiling frogs will sit and say, "this is fine."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-11-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Soltenityzn spoke about how thieves were the darlings of the communist state. People in LA really need to get over their sense of private property.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Soltenityzn spoke about how thieves were the darlings of the communist state. People in LA really need to get over their sense of private property.
    Kleptocrats love kleptomaniacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

OPEN
    AIR
    PRISON
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWR Hawkins View Post
    In spite of all the gun and ammunition controls, Los Angeles is seeing “an increase in violent street robberies.”
    “In spite of”? AWR must be new to the gun control debate.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

When your things get stolen it costs you money to get them back from the police.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Civilization is literally being allowed to fray and unravel - and most of us boiling frogs will sit and say, "this is fine."

Sadly, this is the very disappointing truth.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We have officially reached Turd World status.
    I'm not sure they permit this to occur, even in the Turd World.

We're at new levels of $#@!-hole-ism.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    eat what we tell you
    Yes, pretty much exactly that. From San Francisco:

"should they tolerate burglaries as a part of city living, and focus on barricading homes" ... ?

https://twitter.com/ThaddeusRussell/...78159412326413

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ... "should they tolerate burglaries as a part of city living, and focus on barricading homes" ...

"There is a point in the history of society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly." -- Friedrich Nietzsche (Beyond Good and Evil, Section V Aphorism 201)

It is easy to run a hellhole so long as you don't have to live in it.
    DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing2nd Amendment shirts. "Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This belongs in this thread, also:

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...30029045678080

This very same quote popped up in my Fedbook feed today, as I follow the "Solzhenitsyn Society" there. I shared it to my page and, of course... crickets. But there are all kinds of kewl Thanksgiving side-dish recipes popping up, so everyone is def concerning themselves with the correct things...

https://twitter.com/ThaddeusRussell/...78159412326413

//

Lots of red pills being dispensed ...

Twitter thread by Michelle Tandler (@michelletandler): https://twitter.com/michelletandler/...68362258628608
    Thread compiled @ threadreaderapp.com: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...258628608.html

One of my best friends in SF was burglarized and robbed last week while sleeping.

Two days later she saw three men peering into her backyard. She called SFPD sobbing. They did not come.

"I've never lived someplace where the government just doesn't care about you" she said.

She and her husband are going to turn their home into a security fortress - motion detectors, lights, cameras.

"I was told that next time I have to say they have a weapon" she said.

"Be careful," I warned. That could get you in trouble.

I explained to her that we have laws which could give someone the right to sue her for calling the cops if they aren't committing a crime.

So what should she do if she sees people peering into her yard with cameras?

I have no idea.

She asked, "Does the government want me to be here? If I pay taxes, shouldn't they protect me?"

I responded "I don't think our government cares if you are protected. I don't think they want you to be here. I think they see you as a gentrifier."

She was hesitant to tell me because she was worried it would upset me. She was right. I'm upset.

I'm upset because I want my hometown to feel safe. I want my government to care about our residents.

$%#@$ - I want to feel safe too.

It doesn't matter if "it's just stuff."

It's scary as hell to have someone enter your home.

The fact that we as a city have accepted burglaries and property crime as "the cost of living here" ignores the emotional toll.

This isn't right.

Two liberal women in San Francisco starting to see things in a different light.

For the record -- I have zero interest in owning or using a gun.

I believe in outsourcing that responsibility to highly trained professionals.

It's very problematic when people think they need guns to live safely in an urban environment.

This year I cannot tell you how many people admitted to me that they bought a gun.

This is not the right direction.

If you resist arrest and the arrest is later found to be unlawful, are you still charged with resisting arrest?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Cognitive dissonance is breaking her brain.

LAPD-If you are being robbed, do not resist robbery suspects; cooperate and comply
    Or even if you are not (yet) being robbed ...

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1471198196185518080

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast