Thread: MLK ‘The Embrace’ Sculpture Sparks Intense Reactions: ‘Looks Like a Penis’

MLK ‘The Embrace’ Sculpture Sparks Intense Reactions: ‘Looks Like a Penis’

MLK ‘The Embrace’ Sculpture Sparks Intense Reactions: ‘Looks Like a Penis’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-like-a-penis/

PAUL BOIS 16 Jan 2023

The new Boston sculpture honoring Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King has sparked intense reactions on social media due to its abstract depiction of an iconic photo.

Titled “The Embrace,” the $10 million bronze sculpture unveiled in Boston Common over the weekend aims to depict the hug that Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King shared in a 1964 photograph shortly after he won the Nobel Peace Prize.

The problem: the 3D sculpture displays only two arms with no heads, chests, or shoulders embracing in thin air, leaving much to the imagination.

Many "tweets" at link...
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    displays only two arms
    Looks like three to me. Someone should teach Breitbart how to count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

the headless whore man!

happy MLK!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

This is what the Marxist left replaces statues of Lincoln and Columbus with.

They are wreckers, and this is all they can do, destroy.

And when they try to create something of beauty, because they simply cannot due to whatever is lacking in their souls or because they can't help themselves, regardless, it turns into a hideous abomination.

No matter what you may think of King, you do not honor a person's memory with something that, at first glance, looks like a giant dog turd.

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/st...45816375590914

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

And when they try to create something of beauty, because they simply cannot due to whatever is lacking in their souls or because they can't help themselves, regardless, it turns into a hideous abomination.
    Tolkien was right.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No matter what you may think of King, you do not honor a person's memory with something that, at first glance, looks like a giant dog turd.
    No, I don't. But for ten million bucks, I might pretend that I intended it as an honor.

I just might.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No, I don't. But for ten million bucks, I might pretend that I intended it as an honor.

I just might.
    Oh for 10 million bucks I'd polish a dog turd and present it to the world as a piece of culture defining art. Because it would be. And I'd laugh all the way to the bank as I secured my little piece of land with a zombie bunker on it and kiss all of the modern world goodbye without a shred of shame.

Now, I ask. What's wrong with self-love?

https://nypost.com/2023/01/15/woke-m...cott-king-kin/

He wrote scornfully in Compact mag, “Ten million dollars were wasted to create a masturbatory metal homage to my legendary family members — one of the all-time greatest American families.”

Martin Luther King III approved the piece, which was designed by conceptual artist Hank Willis Thomas for the organization Embrace Boston.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see two arms and a boob
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    He wrote scornfully in Compact mag, “Ten million dollars were wasted to create a masturbatory metal homage to my legendary family members — one of the all-time greatest American families.”
    A Masturbatory ‘Homage’ to My Family
    https://compactmag.com/article/a-mas...e-to-my-family
    Seneca Scott (14 January 2023)

By now, I’m sure you’ve seen it. The new Boston sculpture “honoring” Dr. Martin Luther King and his wife, Coretta Scott King, looks more like a pair of hands hugging a beefy penis than a special moment shared by the iconic couple. Created by the organization Embrace Boston, the sculpture has inspired mad jokes on Twitter, and rightly so. But for my family, it’s rather insulting. You see, Coretta was my first cousin, my grandfather’s niece, and the daughter of my great uncle Obediah Scott.

Martin married up. Coretta came from a distinguished family, with a significant legacy in her own right. There is a reason she kept the Scott name. We were a black family that owned land, lots of it. Martin knew what he was doing when he pursued her, signaling intentions to marry from the outset. After his assassination, Coretta created a legacy of her own, fighting for health-care workers and against Apartheid in South Africa.

Ten million dollars were wasted to create a masturbatory metal homage to my legendary family members—one of the all-time greatest American families. Still, the Boston debacle could be a blessing in disguise, by exposing the insidiousness of astroturfed woke movements that have come to dominate black America: How could anyone fail to see that this was a major dick move (pun intended) that brings very few, if any, tangible benefits to struggling black families?

“Consider this our Declaration of Interdependence,” declares the Embrace Boston website. What does that even mean? Black families in America who need help don’t care for more woke slogans. They need jobs that pay the bills and keep up with food and energy costs that are rising faster than ever before for most of us. Building expensive, stupid new statues with no faces on them—and tearing down others for no good reason—are part of the same performative altruism and purity pageants that are mainstays of the woke left.

So now Boston has a big bronze penis statue that’s supposed to represent black love at its purest and most devotional. This is no accident. The woke algorithm is racist and classist. Therefore, its programming will always produce things that harm black and poor people. This sculpture is an especially egregious example of the woke machine’s callousness and vanity. Hopefully, it will show more black people that these progressives just aren’t in this for our benefit.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-16-2023 at 01:00 PM.

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...21855370625024

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I see a monkey humping a football.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I see a monkey humping a football.
    I see a couple of misogynistic & zoophobic racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I see a couple of misogynistic & zoophobic racists.
    I feel sorry for the football.

That thing seems to be a 3 dimensional Rorschach Test.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I look at it and see a brilliant money laundering scheme.

Looking at that statue from far away you wouldn't even be able to tell it's two arms embracing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I feel sorry for the football.
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.