Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: According to Ron Paul Congress declares war on Iran with sanctions

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Troll
    Can't debate the point?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Swordsmyth... if one sees a consistent theme running thru the way THE SHRUB, POTUS BHO and now DONALD JOHN TRUMP
    have dealt with Iran, it is our superior military might, and yes, Obama did briefly ease up on the Iranian gov't, but our policy
    tends to assume war is a "when" question and not an "if" question. In terms of Cuba, Congressman William McKinley wanted
    us to get involved, he was hawkish. As our president, he was having second thoughts when a letter surfaced and got printed
    in several newspapers. The tragedy that sank the good ship Maine helped Mister Hearst to sell his papers, so even if McKinley
    wanted to be a "dove" he found himself dancing to the war drum of public opinion. Presidents often can lead. They sometimes
    do quarrel with Congress. Trump is clearly trying to lead us, and has quarreled with some members of Congress, but the public
    at large is not inside a classic war frenzy right now. The sort of one Mark Twain was thinking of with his WAR PRAYER. We are
    still sending supplies to the mutual border that Iran and Iraq have, even though we have overstayed our welcome in Iraq. Any
    crossing of that border by our troops would delight the neoCons to no end. Will the public be sold a bill of goods next? I wonder.
    Last edited by Aratus; 01-16-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Can't debate the point?
    Debate? There is no debate with you. You simply ignore reality and post continuously until the other party goes to bed. And then you declare victory.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Debate? There is no debate with you. You simply ignore reality and post continuously until the other party goes to bed. And then you declare victory.
    Exactly. There is no point.

Ron Paul said sanctions are an act of war, and if we want war then Congress needs to grow a set and declare war.

Sword says "Ron Paul said sanctions are a declaration of war!" then spends 48 hours telling everybody else Ron Paul was arguing that we needed to declare war even though we had already declared war.

Seriously, $#@! this guy.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Exactly. There is no point.

Ron Paul said sanctions are an act of war, and if we want war then Congress needs to grow a set and declare war.

Sword says "Ron Paul said sanctions are a declaration of war!" then spends 48 hours telling everybody else Ron Paul was arguing that we needed to declare war even though we had already declared war.

Seriously, $#@! this guy.
    That's not what I said.

I said Trump had to deal with the war Congress started.
    I said we should bring home the troops and end the war but Trump has to protect our people until that happens.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's not what I said.

I said Trump had to deal with the war Congress started.
    I said we should bring home the troops and end the war but Trump has to protect our people until that happens.
    No sane person believes that you think we should bring the troops home at this point.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm out for the night, you go SS.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No sane person believes that you think we should bring the troops home at this point.
    As if you would know.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“The Congress shall have power to declare War;”the plain meaning of which is that, it is the peculiar and exclusive province of Congress, when the nation is at peace, to change that state into a state of war;
    We are already in a state of war.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123