Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Impeachment of Trump would be an unconstitutional attainder

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is incorrect, we are at the stage that is like a Grand Jury without any just cause to go there and without any due process being followed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...pdates-2019-11
    The public Trump impeachment hearings begin Wednesday. Here's who's testifying and how to watch
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah they do

You are conflating suspicion with proof.
    They don't have reasonable suspicion.
    And I am not conflating reasonable suspicion with proof, in this case it takes proof to provide a reasonable suspicion because Trump not only had a right to do what he did but was bound by law to do so.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

They don't have reasonable suspicion.
    And I am not conflating reasonable suspicion with proof, in this case it takes proof to provide a reasonable suspicion because Trump not only had a right to do what he did but was bound by law to do so.
    Yes they do and yes you are.

Again, a reasonable suspicion is a guess or a hunch that a crime may have been committed. You don't have to "prove" elements to have reasonable suspicion.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...pdates-2019-11
    The public Trump impeachment hearings begin Wednesday. Here's who's testifying and how to watch
    And?
    They have been having SECRET impeachment hearings until they were shamed into trying to cover for them with a vote to have public hearings.
    And they still rigged the rules to violate all of Trump's rights as a defendant and the rights of the Republicans in the House.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes they do and yes you are.

Again, a reasonable suspicion is a guess or a hunch that a crime may have been committed. You don't have to "prove" elements to have reasonable suspicion.
    There is no guess or hunch that a crime has been committed when someone does what they have a right and a duty to do and are even required by law to do.
    All of your attempts to make it sound suspicious have been refuted, Trump hasn't been allowing political allies to get away with the same crime and he has been investigating other crimes and suspects, he has also not been investigating the other top Demoncrat candidates.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They are running an impeachment just because they haven't completed it yet doesn't make it not an impeachment.
    The only thing that makes it not an impeachment is the fact that they are not following the rules.

You asserting the lie that an impeachment process isn't an impeachment process is boring.
    You keep showing that you have no idea what an impeachment really is. Or are deliberately trying to confuse the issue.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You keep showing that you have no idea what an impeachment really is. Or are deliberately trying to confuse the issue.
    That is what you are doing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Fracking great read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Swordsmith is taking a cue from Trump: repeat lies often enough and some people may start to believe them. The only difference is that he's not nearly as narcissistic.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Swordsmith is taking a cue from Trump: repeat lies often enough and some people may start to believe them. The only difference is that he's not nearly as narcissistic.
    That's what you guys are doing.
    That and trying to change definitions right and left.

The hypocrisy from your side is stunning.

I remember when Judge Swamp said Congress had no right to exercise oversight on an investigation in progress when it was Mueller flagrantly violating the laws and the Constitution but now he seems to think that it's just fine for Congress to investigate and prosecute the President over an active investigation required by law.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Senate cannot begin an impeachment trial until Articles of Impeachment are filed indicating the charges. The Senate can investigate whatever they want to but it is not an impeachment until the charges are filed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678