Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose got your vote for President in 2016?

I can't pin down Trump on one policy, you can ask Trump something and 5 minutes later he will say the opposite. You can ask Ron Paul a question and 50 years later he would have the same answer. Trump is literally the opposite of Ron Paul, I bet every single person who does support Trump does so by pretending to know what his actual platform is. This bull$#@! that Trump's heart grew 3 times and he stopped being a pay for access crony capitalist needs to stop now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yes. I have it. You do not.

Hope that helped you out.
    Your reply just proved you wrong. False accusations and innuendoes are NOT the face of integrity.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    You know what she's saying: lesser of two evils. She's correctly suggesting that opposition to Trump provides nonmaterial support for Clinton. That is a basic fact.
    A basic fact is also that evil is evil; whether it's a "lesser" evil to you or not still makes it EVIL.
    There is no spoon.

"They don’t vote for a candidate they like – they vote against a candidate they dislike. How can you do that and have a clear conscience?" -- The Man The Site Is Named For

Let me make this simple.

Trump will not sign the TPP agreement. Clinton will. So will Johnson.

I choose the one who will not sign it.
    Clinton has said she will not and Kaine is also against it.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    "They don’t vote for a candidate they like – they vote against a candidate they dislike. How can you do that and have a clear conscience?" -- The Man The Site Is Named For
    An idea that someone in this thread appears to have actually supported in October of 2007.

Outta ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Clinton has said she will not and Kaine is also against it.
    She helped write it, dude. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    No, not really. I actually like quite a bit about Trump. Otherwise, I wouldn't be voting for him. I won't bore you with the details, as I have listed them numerous times.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I can't pin down Trump on one policy, you can ask Trump something and 5 minutes later he will say the opposite. You can ask Ron Paul a question and 50 years later he would have the same answer. Trump is literally the opposite of Ron Paul, I bet every single person who does support Trump does so by pretending to know what his actual platform is. This bull$#@! that Trump's heart grew 3 times and he stopped being a pay for access crony capitalist needs to stop now.
    Quick. Tell me Ron Paul's position on abortion.
    ================

Either Ron Paul or Charles Manson.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Either Ron Paul or Charles Manson.
    I wish those two were debating. I would watch that one.
    "The Patriarch"

Hate facts much? The reality is that if you are supporting Johnson/Weld you ARE supporting gun-grabbing, the TPP and world government. Stand up and embrace it.
    Yes, Gary Johnson is secretly a reptilian overlord who is gunna grab yer guns.

Sad to see so much integrity and principle lost in such a short time. Great to see fear is still such a strong motivating factor in many.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    An idea that someone in this thread appears to have actually supported in October of 2007.

Outta ammo.

Covered.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    Sad to see so much integrity and principle lost in such a short time. Great to see fear is still such a strong motivating factor in many.

Personally, I think many lacked that integrity and principle you allude to from the start.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quick. Tell me Ron Paul's position on abortion.
    None of the federal government's business.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    The logical side of me agrees with this. My long term planning sense says to vote to libertarian as an educational & spread "liberty" tool. The belief system says to vote in Ron Paul. A long time from now, some reporter will run a news story about how people have been writing in Ron Paul as a protest vote for decades and I will smile, knowing I'm one of them.
    I wish I could vote Libertarian as an educational tool, but I really don't want more people thinking that Johnson is a libertarian because he is very far away from a Harry Browne or Michael Badnarik.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    None of the federal government's business.
    BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. That was not Ron's position at all. Try again.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yes, Gary Johnson is secretly a reptilian overlord who is gunna grab yer guns.
    Are you 12? Or just ignorant of Weld's CURRENT position on guns? Are you ignorant of the fact that Johnson has said multiple times now that he would sign the TPP legislation? Are you unaware that Weld was the co-chair of the Council on Foreign Relation's 3 country task force to create a "North American Community"?

================

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    None of that actually addresses my assertion. When 2 options exist, opposition to 1 necessarily provides nonmaterial support to the other.

Actually, it was. If I recall correctly, he played the politics game. He wanted to have the federal government define life at conception and to overturn Roe v. Wade, but he never proposed the federal government have an actual policy on the issue. It was always up to the states.

Are you 12? Or just ignorant of Weld's CURRENT position on guns? Are you ignorant of the fact that Johnson has said multiple times now that he would sign the TPP legislation? Are you unaware that Weld was the co-chair of the Council on Foreign Relation's 3 country task force to create a "North American Community"?

And...

VPs don't sign legislation; Presidents do.

Hmmmm.

For the record, I don't think Johnson is much of a libertarian either, and don't support him or, for that matter, anyone else. But this level of sanctimonious hypocrisy is hard to ignore.
    Chris

She helped write it, dude. lol
    Going into the West Virginia primary, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has come out in opposition to a "lame duck" vote on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). This takes her beyond her previous statements mildly opposing TPP. Clinton also made a strong statement criticizing our country's trade agreements in general.

As reported in The Hill, in "Clinton opposes TPP vote in the lame-duck session," Clinton replied to a questionnaire from the Oregon Fair Trade Campaign, which consists of more than 25 labor, environmental and human rights organizations. When asked, "If elected President, would you oppose holding a vote on the TPP during the 'lame duck' session before you take office?" she replied, "I have said I oppose the TPP agreement -- and that means before and after the election."
    http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...trade-policies

Progressives praised Hillary Clinton for sharpening her opposition to an Asia-Pacific trade agreement, calling her position necessary to kill the far-reaching deal.

Several left-leaning groups said the Democratic presidential nominee's vow to oppose a lame-duck vote on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is her toughest pronouncement yet against moving the 12-nation agreement through Congress before President Obama leaves office.

"These were Hillary Clinton's strongest words yet against the TPP," said Adam Green, co-founder of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee.

"For the first time, Clinton signaled she will personally work to kill the corporate-written TPP if it comes up after the election in an unaccountable lame-duck Congress," Green said.
    http://thehill.com/policy/finance/tr...t-the-tpp-deal

Clinton supported the trade deal in principle when she was a member of President Barack Obama's cabinet but has shifted to vocal opposition during her presidential campaign. Opposing the TPP has become a central cause for Sanders fans, with "No TPP" signs widespread inside the DNC hall this week. (It was one of the few party platform fights the Sanders camp lost, though that was at the behest of Obama rather than Clinton.) It's the rare place where the Sanders crowd finds itself aligned with Donald Trump, who has regularly assailed the TPP and other free trade deals during his presidential campaign. "We all know it is gonna happen if she won," Trump warned during a press conference Wednesday, playing off McAuliffe's comments. It was enough of a concern for the Clinton campaign that immediately after selecting Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia as Clinton's running mate, the campaign told the media that Kaine, who had previously hedged on the TPP, was now firmly opposed to the deal.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...erry-mcauliffe
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    And...

Hmmmm.

For the record, I don't think Johnson is much of a libertarian either, and don't support him or, for that matter, anyone else. But this level of sanctimonious hypocrisy is hard to ignore.
    Nor will you find me saying anywhere that Weld does sign legislation. But, I do find it interesting that Johnson would go to such lengths to demand that Weld be his VP, when he damn well knew he was a globalist CFR member and a gun-grabber. I would think that would concern you too.

Beyond that, Johnson has said multiple times that he would sign the TPP legislation. Last time I checked, Johnson was running for President.
    ================

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Abortion laws should be a state-level choice
    It is now widely accepted that there's a constitutional right to abort a human fetus. Of course, the Constitution says nothing about abortion, murder, manslaughter, or any other acts of violence. Criminal and civil laws were deliberately left to the states.

I consider it a state-level responsibility to restrain violence against any human being. I disagree with the nationalization of the issue and reject the Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in all 50 states. Legislation that I have proposed would limit fe4deral court jurisdiction of abortion, and allow state prohibition of abortion on demand as well as in all trimesters. It will not stop all abortions. Only a truly moral society can do that.

The pro-life opponents to my approach are less respectful of the rule of law and the Constitution. Instead of admitting that my position allows the states to minimize or ban abortions, they claim that my position supports the legalization of abortion by the states. This is twisted logic.
    http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul_Abortion.htm

At the GOP YouTube debate in St. Petersburg, Florida, on Nov 28, 2007, Ron Paul was asked what a woman would be charged with if abortion becomes illegal and she obtains an abortion anyway:

“The first thing we have to do is get the federal government out of it. We don’t need a federal abortion police. That’s the last thing that we need. There has to be a criminal penalty for the person that’s committing that crime. And I think that is the abortionist. As for the punishment, I don’t think that should be up to the president to decide.”

For many years, Ron Paul has been speaking up for babies’ rights. He passionately defends those who cannot speak for themselves because they haven’t been born yet.

In order to “offset the effects of Roe v. Wade”, Paul voted in favor of the federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003. He has described partial birth abortion as a “barbaric procedure”.

At the same time, Ron Paul believes that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion. Instead, it is up to the individual states to prohibit abortion.
    http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/abortion/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Actually, it was. If I recall correctly, he played the politics game. He wanted to have the federal government define life at conception and to overturn Roe v. Wade, but he never proposed the federal government have an actual policy on the issue. It was always up to the states.
    You're wrong. Try again.
    ================

Check her position before Bernie started doing so well. Bernie was against it; she was FOR it.
    You mean she flip-flops like Trump? Whooda thunk.
    There is no spoon.

You're wrong. Try again.
    Read the above post and try again.
    There is no spoon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast