Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT HELP NEEDED IN VIRGINIA GETTING BALLOT ACCESS FOR RAND!

URGENT HELP NEEDED IN VIRGINIA GETTING BALLOT ACCESS FOR RAND!

In Virginia to get on the ballot all candidates need to get 5,000 total signatures of voters and 250 from each US Congressional District. However if we can get 7,500 signatures the Party will put them on without the full scrutiny and verifying signatures so that is the goal. This is a time consuming task and campaign staffers are working on this when they could be focusing elsewhere. So if you are a Virginia Resident or know one we need your help ASAP.

To further break this down the campaign has assigned District Captains of which I'm one in the South East Virginia area. They have Captains to serve as liaisons, monitor progress, help get petitions notarized, and then sent in to the campaign because all petitions need to be turned in at once.

So you can help right now by volunteering to help, we are trying to team people up because it is easier and more enjoyable to work together versus by yourself. You can always work by yourself though.

Print this link out just the first two pages double sided.

http://elections.virginia.gov/Files/...545_letter.pdf

Make sure you have people sign a sheet for the city or county they are registered to vote in. The sheet must say the city/county, the candidate, and check Republican as well for the party. Once petitions are filled out and notarized, please send to the campaign:

Attn: Dave Ramirez
    513 C Street NE
    Washington DC, 20002

Ideally you coordinate with others to send them all in together, as the campaign will send prepaid envelopes to help if needed. So please comment here to help us. Thank you and message me if you have any questions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you can help post your Congressional District here too, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    If you can help post your Congressional District here too, thanks.
    Sadly I don't live in Virginia, but I know some people down in Sussex County, I'll see if I can talk to them.

Wish I could help more with this but I'll give you a bump.

I'm in Virginia for school. Maybe they'd take my signature...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

PM me your contact data and I'll pass it along to some people in Virginia who may be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    What school? Also, be sure to get signed up with Students for Rand. https://randpaul.com/students

Also, if you have a VA drivers license you should be able to help circulate petitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    If you are in school, you may be able to choose to register to vote in either your previous residence or your current one (VA). If your previous residence votes before VA, you should probably vote at your previous residence as earlier contests have more significance.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump!
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

To further help localize, identify, and coordinate volunteers we have a couple Facebook Pages. If you have contacts in those regions give our pages a like and then invite your friends to like our pages.

Richmond area. https://www.facebook.com/RVA4RP16

Lynchburg area. https://www.facebook.com/LynchburgForRandPaul

Hampton Roads (SE VA) area. https://www.facebook.com/HamptonRoadsforRandPaul

Some recommendations are to get clipboards are to get multiple sheets covering each town for people at your meeting and consider saying republican candidates and hand them a Rand Paul petition and maybe another candidate like a Carson or Cruz if you are at a Tea Party/GOP meeting. Some people will be hesitant if you are just doing Paul. What you do wit the other candidate petitions is on you.

So far just going to political meetings and passing around multiple clipboards together works best.

Bump for all the post debate traffic, we need your help if you are in Virginia.

I can help folks get plugged in with ballot-access petitions in the 6th and 9th CDs (I-81 corridor mostly). Just PM me.

+rep

#BootsOnTheGround
    #GoGrassroots
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Yes, VA is a big deal to get on the ballot. In 2012 no one but Ron Paul and Mitt were on the ballot, all the other candidates failed.
    Last edited by CPUd; 09-17-2015 at 06:41 PM.

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Was this the state where it was only Ron Versus Gingrich?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Ron Paul versus Romney. Ron got around 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    According to CPUd 2 posts above your own, it was only Ron and Romney who were on the VA Primary ballot.

I don't live in VA but that is my definite recollection.

What surprised me at the time was that there was no effort for a "deal" between the Ron campaign and the other non-Romney candidates, under which Ron would have agreed to release some delegates to the other non-Romney candidates (notably Santorum and Gingrich by that point), if those candidates asked their supporters to vote for Ron in the primary for that limited purpose. That would have resulted in Ron carrying the state and would have been a win-win for everyone except Romney. Perhaps that would have been illegal or viewed as tawdry, I don't know. But there wasn't even discussion of that strategy here on RPF that I recall.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

This is a critical effort, there is no party registration and if the Dems have gotten there nominee in Hillary they may swing over to support Rand, and independents and Libertarians can vote without having to register Republican. Also, the announcement of who makes it versus doesn' make it on the ballot will help people realize who is running to win and who isn't.

IF you know a Rand supporter in Virginia we need there help.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    According to CPUd 2 posts above your own, it was only Ron and Romney who were on the VA Primary ballot.

I don't live in VA but that is my definite recollection.

What surprised me at the time was that there was no effort for a "deal" between the Ron campaign and the other non-Romney candidates, under which Ron would have agreed to release some delegates to the other non-Romney candidates (notably Santorum and Gingrich by that point), if those candidates asked their supporters to vote for Ron in the primary for that limited purpose. That would have resulted in Ron carrying the state and would have been a win-win for everyone except Romney. Perhaps that would have been illegal or viewed as tawdry, I don't know. But there wasn't even discussion of that strategy here on RPF that I recall.
    Even if no deals were forged among the candidates, I know for a fact that Ron garnered some extra support as a "Not Romney" protest vote. (I speak from personal experience; I live in Virginia and Ron wasn't my first choice last time, but I voted for him in the primary. The wife and I have grown more conservatarian the last four years, and are now enthusiastic Rand supporters). I was rather surprised that no one else made the ballot, but I guess that speaks to the organizational prowess of the Ron Paul campaign. Here's hoping Chip can give Rand an organizational edge, too.

Regarding the OP, work and kids will preclude me from going door to door with a clipboard, but the wife and I have conservative friends and family members who should sign. May not be much, but it is something, I suppose. I live in the 6th congressional district, by the way.

I also know this may be a foolish question, but I assume that the person collecting the signatures can also contribute one of their own, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinas View Post
    but I assume that the person collecting the signatures can also contribute one of their own, yes?
    I would think... But then again, that's what separates me from government

Regarding the OP, work and kids will preclude me from going door to door with a clipboard, but the wife and I have conservative friends and family members who should sign. May not be much, but it is something, I suppose. I live in the 6th congressional district, by the way.
    You'd be surprised how quickly 10-15 signatures from several people add up. What may not seem like much to you is very appreciated. I tried to PM you but the tool says you have that feature disabled. I'd prefer not to blast my personal contact info to the entire forum. PM me if you'd like to get in touch with a local Rand volunteer in the 6th.

I also know this may be a foolish question, but I assume that the person collecting the signatures can also contribute one of their own, yes?
    You can sign, you just can't sign your own form since you cannot witness your own signature.

be careful. 2007 it was right up to the wire for these. It went alot better in 2012

The details of these Petition of Qualified Voters for Presidential Primary sheets are screwy. Read the rules carefully. You have to have like only people from a certain voting district on each sheet (can't mix and match). Also they have to be notorized if I remember correctly.

And make sure they are printed front and back on one sheet.

http://elections.virginia.gov/candid...ing/index.html
    Last edited by Todd; 09-23-2015 at 11:21 AM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember, only Ron Paul and Mitt Romney made the ballot in 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Remember, only Ron Paul and Mitt Romney made the ballot in 2012.
    And the result was 59.5% Romney --- 40.5 % Paul with Ron winning several counties and 1 CD
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

I live in Maryland, so I will not be much help. I hope we get the signatures needed. I think many candidates will fail to get on the ballot again in 2016.
    #StandWithRand

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    You'd be surprised how quickly 10-15 signatures from several people add up. What may not seem like much to you is very appreciated. I tried to PM you but the tool says you have that feature disabled. I'd prefer not to blast my personal contact info to the entire forum. PM me if you'd like to get in touch with a local Rand volunteer in the 6th.
    Apparently I cannot use the PM system until I am a more established member of the community...

In any case, I think I've tracked down some relevant Virginia contact information outside of the forum, so I'll follow up on that and work on gathering some signatures. Thank you for the encouragement.

bump

I was able to send in a couple dozen signatures. You'd be surprised how many friends/family will sign even if they prefer another candidate--I stashed the form in a folder and requested signatures throughout my day-to-day activities. I have a few from coworkers, a football buddy, a preschool teacher, etc. All in all, this is a pretty easy way to help out.

I hope Rand makes the ballot soon (if he hasn't already). Qualifying for the Virginia primary would be a nice flex of organizational muscle at a time when the narrative is to question his persistence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast