Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccines can cause mental retardation in children?

Vaccines can cause mental retardation in children?

They are saying there is 0 evidence of this and it makes Rand look lIke a kook. Is he taking the same position that they can cure autisum? Isn't that debunked?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senator Rand Paul, facing a backlash over his comments that cast doubt on whether he believes vaccines can pose a health risk to children, asserted on Tuesday that he believes vaccinations are indeed safe and that all parents should have their children inoculated.

To prove his point, Mr. Paul invited a reporter with him to watch him get his booster vaccination for Hepatitis A.

“It just annoys me that I’m being characterized as someone who’s against vaccines,” Mr. Paul said as he settled into a chair in an examination room in the Capitol physician’s office.

“There’s 400 headlines now that say ‘Paul says vaccines cause mental disorders,'” he added. “That’s not what I said. I said I’ve heard of people who’ve had vaccines and they see a temporal association and they believe that.”

Speaking on CNBC yesterday, Mr. Paul said he was aware of “many tragic cases of walking, talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines.”

Mr. Paul clarified on Tuesday that he believed the science was definitive on the matter and that vaccines are not harmful. As a physician himself (he is an ophthalmologist), he said he was irked to see his views characterized otherwise. “I think the science is clear that if you compare the risks of taking a vaccine to the ill effects of taking a vaccine, it’s overwhelming.”

Mr. Paul got the booster on Tuesday because he was vaccinated last year before traveling to Guatemala.

The doctor’s visit was not without its own minor complications. Mr. Paul, who invited a reporter from The New York Times and had a member of his staff with a camera in tow, ran into resistance from the doctor’s staff, who were concerned that their presence in the office to document the vaccination was a privacy violation.

“It’s my privacy,” Mr. Paul assured the staff members.

Quote Originally Posted by Havax View Post
    They are saying there is 0 evidence of this and it makes Rand look lIke a kook. Is he taking the same position that they can cure autisum? Isn't that debunked?
    FWIW, Randal never said autism or retardation. if you read the drug possible sideeffects warnings on the manufacturers or CDC websites they list a number of mental disorder possible side effects.

Ok but he said they cause mental retardation which is causing everyone to turn on him because he's believing in something with no evidence supporting it.

Ok but he said they cause mental retardation which is causing everyone to turn on him because he's believing in something with no evidence supporting it.
    No he did not. Did you listen to the interview? anybody saying he said that is either outright lying or misinformed.

He said:
    I've heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines.

Ok but he said they cause mental retardation
    No he didn't.

More dangerous is vaccine propaganda causing mental retardation in voting-age adults.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    More dangerous is vaccine propaganda causing mental retardation in voting-age adults.
    I agree! I would say there is more than ample proof vaccines cause mental retardation. How else do we explain President Obama getting 60,000,000+ votes, and Mitt Romney getting nearly 60,000,000? I would guess the majority of those people voting for President Obama and Mitt Romney were vaccinated...

If that isn't the definition of mental retardation of the voters, I don't know what would be...

But seriously, this could be an easy chance for Rand to let those parents with children that have been harmed by vaccines to speak up. I personally know a friend who has video of their child making normal baby noises (cooing/babyling/etc.) before a set of vaccines, then autistic symptoms set in after a set of vaccines...

Also have another friend whose wife works with younger children with mental disabilities, and he said many of the parents will tell her in regards to things about the children and the issues, "They changed after the vaccines."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since all the vaccine hysteria is about Measles I decided to look up the side-effects for the MMR & MMRV vaccine. Here is what the CDC states on their website:

MMR vaccine side-effects
    (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
    What are the risks from MMR vaccine?

A vaccine, like any medicine, is capable of causing serious problems, such as severe allergic reactions.

The risk of MMR vaccine causing serious harm, or death, is extremely small.

Getting MMR vaccine is much safer than getting measles, mumps or rubella.

Most people who get MMR vaccine do not have any serious problems with it.

Mild Problems

Fever (up to 1 person out of 6)
    Mild rash (about 1 person out of 20)
    Swelling of glands in the cheeks or neck (about 1 person out of 75)

If these problems occur, it is usually within 7-12 days after the shot. They occur less often after the second dose.

Moderate Problems

Seizure (jerking or staring) caused by fever (about 1 out of 3,000 doses)
    Temporary pain and stiffness in the joints, mostly in teenage or adult women (up to 1 out of 4)
    Temporary low platelet count, which can cause a bleeding disorder (about 1 out of 30,000 doses)

Severe Problems (Very Rare)

Serious allergic reaction (less than 1 out of a million doses)
    Several other severe problems have been reported after a child gets MMR vaccine, including:
    Deafness
    Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
    Permanent brain damage

These are so rare that it is hard to tell whether they are caused by the vaccine.
    MMRV vaccine side-effects
    (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella)
    What are the risks from MMRV vaccine?

A vaccine, like any medicine, is capable of causing serious problems, such as severe allergic reactions. The risk of MMRV vaccine causing serious harm, or death, is extremely small.

Getting MMRV vaccine is much safer than getting measles, mumps, rubella, or chickenpox.

Most children who get MMRV vaccine do not have any problems with it.

Mild Problems

Fever (about 1 child out of 5).
    Mild rash (about 1 child out of 20).
    Swelling of glands in the cheeks or neck (rare).

If these problems happen, it is usually within 5-12 days after the first dose. They happen less often after the second dose.

Moderate Problems

Seizure caused by fever (about 1 child in 1,250 who get MMRV), usually 5-12 days after the first dose. They happen less often when MMR and varicella vaccines are given at the same visit as separate shots (about 1 child in 2,500 who get these two vaccines), and rarely after a 2nd dose of MMRV.
    Temporary low platelet count, which can cause a bleeding disorder (about 1 child out of 40,000).

Severe Problems (Very Rare)
    Several severe problems have been reported following MMR vaccine, and might also happen after MMRV. These include severe allergic reactions (fewer than 4 per million), and problems such as:

Deafness.
    Long-term seizures, coma, lowered consciousness.
    Permanent brain damage.

Because these problems occur so rarely, we can’t be sure whether they are caused by the vaccine or not.
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/...ffects.htm#mmr
    Last edited by Rudeman; 02-03-2015 at 06:05 PM.

My nephew developed encephalitis immediately after receiving the DTAP vaccine. The diagnosis came from the head of pediatrics at one of the top hospitals in my city. My nephew is also autistic. No one can say for certain whether the encephalitis is what caused his autism but there's no doubt what caused the encephalitis. Looking very quickly, you'll find that brain swelling can cause a host of permanent neurological issues one of which is mental retardation.

It's a scientific fact that in some cases, yes, vaccines do cause mental disability and impaired brain function. Rudeman has already linked to the CDC webpage listing vaccine side effects, and, as you can see, several of them can cause "Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness [and] Permanent brain damage" in rare cases.

The pro-vaccine hysterics who claim that vaccines can never cause mental disability are no better than the anti-vaccine hysterics who deny that vaccines are safe and effective in the vast majority of cases. These media liberal arts majors are flipping their wigs at Sen. Paul precisely because he knows more about medical science than they do.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

I have worked with brain-injured children for many, many years. I have known at least 150 cases where the neurological symptoms appeared right after a vaccine. Therefore, it is evident to me that, at least in some cases -and I dare to say with a probability higher than anyone is reporting- vaccines can cause, among other problems, autism, mental retardation, etc. Furthermore, I have had conversations with former large laboratory employees, whom I completely trust, who have shared information from these companies that clearly show the danger of vaccines. I have yet to see clear scientific evidence of the effectiveness of vaccines: the only way that that can be established is by comparing 2 large enough samples of people, one that receives the vaccine and the other that doesn't, within the same population with similar demographic characteristics, that, within THE SAME TIME FRAME, show significantly different illness rates. For instance, Polio rates had very significantly started to decrease BEFORE the vaccine was released, due to changes in living conditions, so to attribute to the Polio vaccine so much merit is wrong.
    Vaccines are given massively to people with different medical histories, characteristics, in different environments. Most doctors don't even ask questions before giving a vaccine. That, by itself, should raise red flags all over the place.
    Finally, and more importantly, the government must have NO SAY in what parents decide for their children, period. There should be absolutely no discussion about this point.

Giving vaccines to children has been proven to cause retardation in nearby adults.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

This is like saying, eating peanuts can't cause certain people to die.

Individuals have different reactions to vaccines.

Out of the millions of people, there is bound to be somebody who is allergic to something others don't have a problem with.

Vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Out of the millions of people, there is bound to be somebody who is allergic to something others don't have a problem with.

This is true, BUT:
    1) Vaccines do NOT decrease the probability of illness, and
    2) Exactly because of what you said, even if an MD is -incorrectly- convinced of the need to vaccinate a child, BEFORE he does it he should study EVERYTHING about that child, and not offer him a STANDARDIZED solution.

Once again, the important point is that PARENTS should decide, and the government SHOULD NEVER IMPOSE. Rand is incorrect in saying that some vaccines should be voluntary. ALL OF THEM must be voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by bocelli View Post
    1) Vaccines do NOT decrease the probability of illness.
    If that was true of all vaccines ever, then why would anyone vaccinate at all? Its not a feel good operation.
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

That's actually why some of the potential side effects are listed in the "warnings" even though it isn't actually proved that it is a potential side effect. If a test subject develops a condition during the clinical trials, then it is required that condition be listed as a possible side effect even if it wasn't directly related to the vaccine. SIDs is a prime example of that. There is no evidence that it is related to vaccines, but it is still listed as a potential side effect for the MMR.

The odds of developing a permanent side effect from a vaccine is infinitesimally smaller than developing one from the disease they protect from. It's only hard because the anti vaxxers are lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Giving vaccines to children has been proven to cause retardation in nearby adults.
    I would think that not giving vaccines has that effect.

It seems this subject causes retardation among people who get sucked into a debate about it if my forum experience is any indicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"Vaccination is not immunization"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's actually why some of the potential side effects are listed in the "warnings" even though it isn't actually proved that it is a potential side effect. If a test subject develops a condition during the clinical trials, then it is required that condition be listed as a possible side effect even if it wasn't directly related to the vaccine. SIDs is a prime example of that. There is no evidence that it is related to vaccines, but it is still listed as a potential side effect for the MMR.

The odds of developing a permanent side effect from a vaccine is infinitesimally smaller than developing one from the disease they protect from. It's only hard because the anti vaxxers are lunatics.
    It would be impossible to explain why vaccines don't work and the dangers of them in this forum.
    I would like to recommend, among several books with serious scientific discussions on this subject, Tim O'Shea's book "Vaccination is not Immunization", where he discusses each and every vaccine. I believe it should be a must read for every parent.

Mr Rand Paul, meet Mrs Debra Medina. She will be your guide as you enter the politically irrelevant zone.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Is he taking the same position that they can cure autisum?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

It would be impossible to explain why vaccines don't work and the dangers of them in this forum.
    I would like to recommend, among several books with serious scientific discussions on this subject, Tim O'Shea's book "Vaccination is not Immunization", where he discusses each and every vaccine. I believe it should be a must read for every parent.
    http://i.imgur.com/nRzeDwD.webm
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Mr Rand Paul, meet Mrs Debra Medina. She will be your guide as you enter the politically irrelevant zone.
    Nope.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

Unfortunately, I could not open this video.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Not even close. What Rand said is being completely distorted. The media is taking advantage of the fact that most people are just too stupid to think about anything that's too complex. Being pro vaccines while acknowledging the rare cases of side effects....that's just too much for the average moron to think about. You can only be pro or against, and you better ridicule the other side, or you'll be accused of agreeing with them.

http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_.../mmr_ii_pi.pdf

M-M-R® II
    (MEASLES, MUMPS, and
    RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE LIVE)
    DESCRIPTION
    M-M-R® II (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Virus Vaccine Live) is a live virus vaccine for vaccination against measles (rubeola), mumps, and rubella (German measles).

Nervous System
    Encephalitis; encephalopathy; measles inclusion body encephalitis (MIBE) (see CONTRAINDICATIONS); subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE); Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS); acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM); transverse myelitis; febrile convulsions; afebrile convulsions or seizures; ataxia; polyneuritis; polyneuropathy; ocular palsies; paresthesia.

What they are trying to do is to distort his position to claim he linked vaccines to autism. This is a lie. The side effects he is describing are well documented (if rare) reactions to adjuvants like thimerosal that cause seizures, high fever, and swelling of the brain that may lead to permanent brain damage, and showed up during clinical trials. The warnings for this reaction are printed directly on the product packaging inserts, because they actually happen and are therefore required by law. Doctor Rand Paul does not now, nor has he ever linked vaccines to autism.

Quote Originally Posted by freejack View Post
    My nephew developed encephalitis immediately after receiving the DTAP vaccine. The diagnosis came from the head of pediatrics at one of the top hospitals in my city. My nephew is also autistic. No one can say for certain whether the encephalitis is what caused his autism but there's no doubt what caused the encephalitis. Looking very quickly, you'll find that brain swelling can cause a host of permanent neurological issues one of which is mental retardation.
    Encephalitis is a well known and well documented side effect that affects a very small minority of recipients.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast