Thread: Israel urges swift response to North Korea nuclear test

Israel urges swift response to North Korea nuclear test

Iran and North Korea...

(Reuters) - Israel said on Tuesday that the international community must make clear to North Korea after its latest nuclear test that such activities cannot be tolerated.

In a statement, the Foreign Ministry said the test, North Korea's third in defiance of U.N. resolutions, and a ballistic missile launch in December raised "grave concerns" about proliferation of nuclear and ballistic technologies.

"These actions by the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea), in violation of its international obligations, must be met with a swift response by the international community," the ministry said.

"A clear message must be sent to DPRK and to other countries that such activities are unacceptable and cannot be tolerated."

On Monday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged world powers to put more pressure on Iran to stop what Israel and Western countries fear is a drive toward developing atomic weapons. Iran says it is enriching uranium solely for peaceful purposes.
    More:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91B0ZD20130212
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wikipedia entry on Israel–North Korea relations:

Israeli-North Korean relations are hostile, and North Korea does not recognise the state of Israel, denouncing it as an "imperialist satellite".[1] Since 1988 it recognises the sovereignty of the State of Palestine over the territory held by Israel.

[edit] History

Over the years, North Korea has supplied missile technology to Israel's neighbours, including Iran, Syria, Libya, and Egypt.[2][3][4] Syria, which has a history of confrontations with Israel, has long maintained a relationship with North Korea based on the cooperation between their respective nuclear programs. On September 6, 2007, the Israeli Air Force conducted an airstrike on a target in the Deir ez-Zor region of Syria. According to Media and IAEA investigative reports, 10 North Korean nuclear scientists were killed during the airstrike.[5]

When North Korea opened up for Western tourists in 1986 it excluded citizens of Israel along with those of Japan, the United States, and France.[6] Israel has called for world action against North Korea's nuclear weapons programme.[7] It has been suggested that North Korea has sought to model its nuclear weapons programme on Israel's, as "a small-state deterrent for a country surrounded by powerful enemies; to display enough activity to make possession of a nuclear device plausible to the outside world, but with no announcement of possession: in short, to appear to arm itself with an ultimate trump card and keep everyone guessing whether and when the weapons might become available."[8] Also the state ideology of North Korea called Juche is heavily anti-Semitic and teaches that Jews will be exterminated soon.[6]

In May 2010 the Israeli foreign minister, Avigdor Lieberman labeled North Korea as part of an 'Axis of Evil', he stated:

"This axis of evil that includes North Korea, Syria and Iran, it's the biggest threat to the entire world".[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel–...orea_relations
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's like that friend you have that turns into an $#@! when he's drinking. That friend who wants to pick fights with people and then turns to you for back up knowing full damn well that they started the confrontation. Hypothetically, if you had a friend like that, I'd give the advice to find new friends.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

LOL... and Israel's Negev Nuclear Research Center/Dimona weapons site:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dimona...gl=us&t=h&z=17

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negev_N...esearch_Center

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    It's like that friend you have that turns into an $#@! when he's drinking. That friend who wants to pick fights with people and then turns to you for back up knowing full damn well that they started the confrontation. Hypothetically, if you had a friend like that, I'd give the advice to find new friends.
    Exactly.

Now imagine if that "friend" got paid to start $#@! by taking money out of your own pocket and the "friend" didn't actually have to take any of fists to their own head.

Oh, and that "friend" demands any patrons in the bar except their buddies have their hands chopped off to keep things "safe".

Yeah, exactly the "friends" to go drinking with.

Blessed are the peacemakers.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

So basically they did the same as the Taiwanese, Cambodian, French, and German governments did (this came from five minutes on Google).

http://www.voacambodia.com/content/c...t/1602155.html

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/fron.../13/2003554802

I expect we'll see similar threads pop up for these countries.

http://www.english.rfi.fr/asia-pacif...ls-north-korea

http://www.thelocal.de/national/2013...l#.UVumVVeQkqI
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    So basically they did the same as the Taiwanese, Cambodian, French, and German governments did (this came from five minutes on Google).

Do you have a link for the Taiwanese lobby? They are greatly influencing our foreign policy decisions and I wasn't sure their exact positions.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What has been the regular response given other nations?

I have noticed articles of seismic activity following and event before but that was pretty much it.

Of course. I will be the first to post when it becomes obvious that Cambodia drives US foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Of course. I will be the first to post when it becomes obvious that Cambodia drives US foreign policy.
    So if Israel didn't make this comment the US and North Korea would not have beef?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

More on North Korea and Iran from the Israel National News:

Underestimating North Korea and Iran

North Korea and Iran are not re-inventing the nuclear wheel. They can draw on a vast treasure trove of declassified information about U.S. nuclear weapons development. And they cooperate with one another. And we are talking EMP.

The West consistently and unwittingly cooperates with North Korea and Iran by underestimating the advancement, sophistication, and strategic implications of their nuclear weapon and missile programs.
    In fact, almost certainly, North Korea now possesses a highly advanced third generation nuclear warhead that could destroy the United States with a single blow.
    Might North Korea sell Super-EMP warheads and its stealthy Fractional Orbital Bombardment System with global reach to Iran? North Korea and Iran have been collaborating all along.

Iran may already have a FOBS capability, as it has successfully launched two satellites on polar orbits, assisted by North Korean missile technology and North Korean technicians.

Iran launched its satellites southward, over the Indian Ocean, flying them over the polar region to approach the U.S. from the south. Like North Korea, Iran did not fly its satellites over the U.S. But a slight adjustment in trajectory would have sent them over the geographic center of the lower 48 United States. Like North Korea, Iran orbited its satellites at about 500 kilometers altitude, optimum for placing an EMP field over the entire contiguous United States.

Iranian scientists were present at all three North Korean nuclear tests, according to press reports. North Korean scientists are known to be present in Iran. North Korea has been denounced by the United Nations for selling a facility to Syria for developing nuclear weapons, which was bombed by Israel. So if North Korea has sold nuclear weapons technology to Syria, why not Iran?
    If Iran acquires or develops a Super-EMP warhead, Iran's targets or that of its terrorist proxies will be the populations of America and Israel. A fatwa or religious edict by Ayman al Zawahiri, a spiritual and operational leader of international terrorists, including al Qaeda, advocates the use of nuclear weapons against the American people because, "There is no doubt that the greatest enemy of Islam and Muslims at this time is the Americans." Zawahiri approves the use of nuclear weapons against both America and Israel, and encourages striking America first so that "the United States vanishes and is followed by Israel."
    In fact, North Korea and Iran imperil the political and economic gains made by Mankind since the Enlightenment, by arming themselves with what are essentially "anti-technology weapons" that could inflict a worldwide blackout and, figuratively and literally, turn the clock of history back to the Dark Ages.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ar...cle.aspx/12944

So if Israel didn't make this comment the US and North Korea would not have beef?
    No one is saying that, but the current US media hysteria and hyperbole might not be in overdrive right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    No one is saying that, but the current US media hysteria and hyperbole might not be in overdrive right now.
    I'm glad I quit watching such garbage. The only place I've been seeing it is here.

"EMP".... Lmao. They must have accidently set one off from the looks of things.

Your daily FUD, from Al-Monitor Israel Pulse:

Iran and North Korea: The Nuclear Connection

All eyes are now on North Korea. They are also on Iran. America remains the leader of the free world. It's the strongest superpower, and the only one that can do anything about this. Yes, it can. If Kim Jong-un keeps acting irresponsibly, it will send a clear message to Tehran that it doesn’t have much to worry about. On the other hand, if the United States sends the North Koreans an unequivocal message that there is a limit to the kinds of games it will tolerate, that message will reverberate all the way to Iran.

Similarly, if the United States does act after the next round of nuclear talks in Kazakhstan and after the elections in Iran, and it does so in a way that gets the ayatollahs to back off from their nuclear project, it will be much easier to rein in the North Koreans. What we are talking about is connected vessels, or more precisely, connected nuclear vessels. The conciliatory approach adopted by President Barack Obama during his first term was heard loud and clear, but its impact was a lot less noticeable on the ground. When the cat is away, the mice begin to play. Today’s world, four years and two months after Obama entered the White House, is a lot more dangerous than it was before he was elected.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...r-vessels.html

Almost one month ago, FUD, via JewishPress.com:

Expert: Iran and North Korea Deal to Work Together Includes Nukes

Two of the world’s most brutal regimes, Iran and North Korea, each hell-bent on intimidating any country which dares to challenge it, signed an agreement in September to cooperate on science technology and education. In other words, North Korea is officially helping Iran move forward on its path to nuclear weaponization.

The deal was signed by the two countries when a North Korean delegation traveled to Tehran for the Non-Aligned Movement Summit which took place on August 31 and September 1, 2012.
    Both North Korea and Iran are the subject of numerous sanctions by the United Nations, under strong U.S. pressure. In a meeting with North Korea’s president of the North’s Supreme People’s Assembly, Kim Yong-nam, Iran’s supreme leader Ayatolah Ali Khamenei stated clearly that the two countries share “common enemies.” In this case they were referring to the U.S., but Iran and Syria are at the forefront of Israel’s many enemies.
    On February 12, North Korea conducted its third and most successful nuclear test thus far. It later declared it had made progress in securing a functioning atomic arsenal. In response, the U.N. unanimously expanded sanctions on North Korea.
    http://www.jewishpress.com/news/expe...es/2013/03/10/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.