Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul discussion coming up on O'Reilly

Rand Paul discussion coming up on O'Reilly

Is Rand Paul the future of the GOP? Karl Rove weighs in.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

O'Reilly Is Talking About Rand And Marijuana Tonight

"Is Rand the future of the GOP?"

"My philosophy is if you want to smoke marijuana in your basement, I don't care. I'm not going to get a search warrant and kick your door in. I think that's foolish."

-Bill O'Reilly

any link to foxnews stream?

up next after commercial

Rove will say something nice I suspect.

I can't believe I'm actually turning O'Reilly/Rove on. May that benevolent being in the sky have mercy on my soul.

I fully expect my response to as follows: "meh ... at least Rand is in the news. Man I hate O'Reilly, why on earth do people watch his show?"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    "My philosophy is if you want to smoke marijuana in your basement, I don't care. I'm not going to get a search warrant and kick your door in. I think that's foolish."

-Bill O'Reilly
    Ya know Bill has changed his view on pre-emptive war too, pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post

-Bill O'Reilly
    That coming from Bill is a victory in itself. He seems like a radically aggressive drug warrior.

O'reilly will also have a tone in his voice that is dismissive of Rand. If he is smart he will also say something very disrespectful about Ron to try to get Ron Paul supporters and average republicans to clash again and put Rand in an awkward position ... like Levin is doing.

Turned it off. Rove is spinning Rand's positions hard. A bunch of half truths to make him look bad. Bye bye Bill. Sorry I gave you 30 seconds of my time.

I hate cable news.

They tried to make out he wants to legalize marijuana when the bill is against mandatory minimums. That wasn't a fair discussion.

Forget O'really, this guy is a national enquirer headliner still from back in his beginning days. I hardly hear of this guy anymore to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Forget O'really, this guy is a national enquirer headliner still from back in his beginning days. I hardly hear of this guy anymore to be honest.
    He's got the highest rated show on cable news. They just fed a bunch of BS to a huge GOP audience.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    I hate cable news.

They tried to make out he wants to legalize marijuana when the bill is against mandatory minimums. That wasn't a fair discussion.
    Well to be fair he does want to effectively legalize marijuana at the Federal level by decriminalizing it eventually and I'm sure he would like to decriminalize all other drugs at the federal level.

I think Rand probably does want to legalize marijuana, at least privately. He just isn't going to come out and say that in those exact words. Does anyone really think that Rand would've voted against Colorado's marijuana law if he had been a resident of Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    He's got the highest rated show on cable news. They just fed a bunch of BS to a huge GOP audience.
    Him and Rush are still tops they say, yet I think they are holding a captive audience captive on a ship that is looking for life boats.

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    Well to be fair he does want to effectively legalize marijuana at the Federal level by decriminalizing it eventually and I'm sure he would like to decriminalize all other drugs at the federal level.
    No he does not. He is not seeking to decriminalize anything which would mean reclassifying marijuana or repealing the Act. The bill gives judges discretion in applying mandatory minimum sentences. That's all it does.

So Rove doesn't have a problem with a Republican Presidential nominee supporting gay marriage, but he has a problem with a Republican Presidential nominee supporting marijuana legalization/decriminalization? Hmmm, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I think Rand probably does want to legalize marijuana, at least privately. He just isn't going to come out and say that in those exact words. Does anyone really think that Rand would've voted against Colorado's marijuana law if he had been a resident of Colorado?
    It's not legalizing drugs. It's championing and reaffirming the illegality of federal government overreach.

Yeah Rand probably thinks the 10th amendment is fine and we should just take no notice of what they pass in Congress.

I doubt they will ever decriminalize marijuana unless and until most states have nullified it and it becomes untenable.

only 2 states so far.

What a bunch of garbage that was.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Did they paint Rand in a negative light?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    So Rove no longer believes that we need more "Rand Paul's" in Congress?

So the vetting starts in 2013 eh? Well, that will at least make it easier for him in a couple years. when the normal vetting process would start. Hopefully he can get them to vet him in his entirety and get through it and be able to move through primaries without the massive time they spend on the process per big candidate.

I have no idea what I'm saying here but ..... I think O'reilly is putting himself in a box and will start fading soon. Seems that all the radio people and other cable people are giving more credit to liberty and O'reilly isn't "evolving" with them. He will have his die hard audience that will keep his checks good and plump but his influence will eventually deteriorate.

Unfortunately I think he is fairly influential right now. I have no idea why but most of his viewers think he is very fair and reasonable - which is exactly how I would describe him, only opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    I have no idea what I'm saying here but ..... I think O'reilly is putting himself in a box and will start fading soon. Seems that all the radio people and other cable people are giving more credit to liberty and O'reilly isn't "evolving" with them. He will have his die hard audience that will keep his checks good and plump but his influence will eventually deteriorate.

Unfortunately I think he is fairly influential right now. I have no idea why but most of his viewers think he is very fair and reasonable - which is exactly how I would describe him, only opposite.
    I'm pretty sure O'Reilly is fading into obscurity, I've barely heard him mentioned in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    I'm pretty sure O'Reilly is fading into obscurity, I've barely heard him mentioned in the past 5 years.
    He has the highest rated cable news program unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast