Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect way to end the day...

dupe
    Last edited by Danke; 01-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    dupe
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    dupe
    As a general rule, I'm of the 'throw it in the woods' school. I still load film into my thirty-five year old Yashica with automatic absolutely nothing from time to time, when I feel like taking real pictures.

That said, when cameras become smart enough to actually break themselves (or at least blow a fuse) when pictures like that are attempted, that will be no bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    As a general rule, I'm of the 'throw it in the woods' school. I still load film into my thirty-five year old Yashica with automatic absolutely nothing from time to time, when I feel like taking real pictures.

That said, when cameras become smart enough to actually break themselves (or at least blow a fuse) when pictures like that are attempted, that will be no bad thing.
    That would be a technological improvement I think I could embrace as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Ahhh some Hennessy, stogie and Kipling? Perfect.
    I had a feeling that you would appreciate that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    WHY? WHY? WHY?
    To make $ in the fat feddish industry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why are there no men writing poetry anymore?
    I do believe that Kaepernick

Wishes he was in Candlestick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Bump for updates

perfect end to my day
    ZZZZZZZZZZZ
    mattress meat time!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right now, according to my weather station remote, it is -3 F.

(I posted this last night at revbox while the forum was down, tonight we're going down to about -10 or -15)

Therefore, back into the Chalfonte VSOP cognac and a Macanudo "Hampton Court".

I've just started fooling around with these cognacs, and found this one to be very tasty for the money.

Cognac is one of those things that you can spend an insane amount of money on if you want to, so at about $40 for the bottle, it's a value, I think.

(I posted this last night at revbox while the forum was down, tonight we're going down to about -10 or -15)

Therefore, back into the Chalfonte VSOP cognac and a Macanudo "Hampton Court".

I've just started fooling around with these cognacs, and found this one to be very tasty for the money.

Cognac is one of those things that you can spend an insane amount of money on if you want to, so at about $40 for the bottle, it's a value, I think.

Damn. You almost have me considering whether or not to make the 40 min. back and forth slog into town for some Maker's.

how i do

remy vsop all day every day on the top

L to R on bottom courvoisier xo, henny xo, remy xo, martell cordon bleu, courvoisier napolean

A cognac connoisseur, I'm impressed.

The NH liquor store only had the "el-cheapo" Remy, IIRC, in small bottles the other day when stopped back in.

I'm enjoying that Chalfonte, try it some time, let me know what you think.

Or if you ever get over to this side of the state, I'll pour ya some.

Oh and BTW - Love the FSP rock.

Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    how i do

remy vsop all day every day on the top

L to R on bottom courvoisier xo, henny xo, remy xo, martell cordon bleu, courvoisier napolean

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Damn. You almost have me considering whether or not to make the 40 min. back and forth slog into town for some Maker's.
    You ought to...good night for a drink.

Dammit. Back on in about an hour.......................................

nh liquor store had brandy 15% off cases of six around new years. i don't usually stock that much

never seen that stuff before will check next time i'm in

Mmmmm...Best advise I had all week.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Drink.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

That looks awesome. If only I could smoke a cigar in the house without my SO flipping $#@!.

Why are there no men writing poetry anymore?
    There are, they just release their works in more lucrative formats....

Begin the day with a friendly voice,
    A companion unobtrusive
    Plays that song that's so elusive
    And the magic music makes your morning mood.

Off on your way, hit the open road,
    There is magic at your fingers
    For the Spirit ever lingers,
    Undemanding contact in your happy solitude.

Invisible airwaves crackle with life
    Bright antenna bristle with the energy
    Emotional feedback on timeless wavelength
    Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

All this machinery making modern music
    Can still be open-hearted.
    Not so coldly charted, it's really just a question
    Of your honesty, yeah, your honesty.

One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
    But glittering prizes and endless compromises
    Shatter the illusion of integrity.

For the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall,
    Concert hall
    And echoes with the sounds of salesmen. Of salesmen. Of salesmen.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Well, one day when I make my cross country, meet every RPF person, I'll be sure to bring along some.
    Hmm. Do you have a minimum post threshold or recent activity requirement? That could be a lot of RPFers!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Perfect end to the day? Where's the recliner?
    Computer monitor with RPF "New Posts" search results also missing from the photo.

It's a balmy 31F here right now. Didn't even have to put on a jacket to take the trash and recycling to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I generally stick to the whiskey variants with Maker's as my house bourbon. I was going to stick with beer tonight since I have some work to do, but since the forum seems to be on a "stop and smell the flowers" break, I'll join in. Unfortunately, no bourbon here right now. I just poured some Famous Grouse (EDC scotch) and will now lurk a few threads before going back to work. Happy cold wednesday RPFers!
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I generally stick to the whiskey variants with Maker's as my house bourbon. I was going to stick with beer tonight since I have some work to do, but since the forum seems to be on a "stop and smell the flowers" break, I'll join in. Unfortunately, no bourbon here right now. I just poured some Famous Grouse (EDC scotch) and will now lurk a few threads before going back to work. Happy cold wednesday RPFers!
    Same to you. Cheers!

Speaking of man-poetry, here's an update from the Virginia Citizen's Defense League (background: Virginia has a part-time legislature that meets for a few weeks each winter. They are in session now, so legislative activity is relatively high right now, and will subside by March or so):

Today, in the Courts of Justice committee, anti-gun Senator Marsh's SB 1001, a bill
    to close the non-existent "gun show loophole" (VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSE), was KILLED by
    a vote of 8 to 7!

There were many changes suggested to the bill, but in the end the clock ran out for
    this year.

There are still some pro-gun Senate bills alive, but all the anti-gun Senate bills
    are now dead.

Most of the remaining House gun bills, good and bad, will be heard in subcommittee
    tomorrow, Thursday.

In other news, HB 1604, Delegate Farrell's bill to allow locksmiths and electronic
    alarm employees to carry a concealed handgun for their own protection, assuming they
    have a CHP (VCDL STRONGLY SUPPORT), passed easily out of the House and heads to the
    Senate.

SB 1335, Senator Obenshain's bill to protect a person's CHP information from
    dissemination by a Circuit Court Clerk if that person has a protection order out
    against another person (VCDL STRONGLY SUPPORT), passed out of the Courts of Justice
    committee by a 14 to 1 vote and heads to the Senate Floor.

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    There are, they just release their works in more lucrative formats....

Begin the day with a friendly voice,
    A companion unobtrusive
    Plays that song that's so elusive
    And the magic music makes your morning mood.

Off on your way, hit the open road,
    There is magic at your fingers
    For the Spirit ever lingers,
    Undemanding contact in your happy solitude.

Invisible airwaves crackle with life
    Bright antenna bristle with the energy
    Emotional feedback on timeless wavelength
    Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

All this machinery making modern music
    Can still be open-hearted.
    Not so coldly charted, it's really just a question
    Of your honesty, yeah, your honesty.

One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
    But glittering prizes and endless compromises
    Shatter the illusion of integrity.

For the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall,
    Concert hall
    And echoes with the sounds of salesmen. Of salesmen. Of salesmen.
    Oh wow...I'm in my cups tonight...finished about a third a bottle of Titos' and finishing it up with some more cognac and cigars and that just really hit the spot.

Check out this outstanding drum cover of Spirit of the Radio.

More from "AstroTama" a fellow who is both an astrophysicist and one $#@! of a good drummer.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-07-2014 at 01:01 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pierre Martin is the man's name.

"The Anarchist" from "Clockwork Angels"

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Possibly my favorite Rush tune.

"Jacob's Ladder" from "Permanent Waves"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast