FYI...

http://www.kearneyhub.com/news/local...9bb2963f4.html

Stenberg predicts close vote in GOP Senate race

Don Stenberg
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:40 pm | Updated: 3:55 pm, Wed May 9, 2012.

KEARNEY — Tuesday’s primary is going to be a “very close election,” Nebraska State Treasurer Don Stenberg said during a campaign stop in Kearney Wednesday afternoon.
Stenberg, who is running for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate against state Sen. Deb Fischer and state Attorney General Jon Bruning, said he sees parallels between Nebraska’s race and other primaries around the nation. In particular, he cited the Indiana primary in which longstanding Sen. Richard G. Lugar lost to tea party favorite Richard E. Mourdock.
“I think we’ll see that same thing here in Nebraska. I think Nebraska voters are going to chose Don Stenberg … over the establishment candidate Jon Bruning,” Stenberg said.
Stenberg reserved most of his criticism for Bruning and didn’t touch on Fischer except when asked about her recent endorsement by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.
“I guess, what I would focus on is the fact that my endorsements come from people on the ground, in the United States Senate, who I’ll be working with as Nebraska’s next United States senator,” he said.

Stenberg has been endorsed by Sens. Rand Paul, R.-Ky., Jim DeMint, R-S.C., and Mike Lee, R-Utah

Sarah Palin Endorses Deb Fischer In Nebraska Senate Race
h XX p://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/sarah-palin-deb-fischer-nebraska-senate_n_1504235.html?ref=elections-2012

Sarah Palin weighed in on Nebraska's GOP primary for U.S. Senate on Wednesday, backing underdog state Sen. Deb Fischer.

"We admire your conservative principles and know that you will not go to Washington to amass great wealth or power," Palin wrote in a letter, the Omaha World-Herald reported. "You will go to Washington to serve the people of Nebraska, protect our Constitution and work for common sense solutions to help restore America. We are happy to support you and have asked SarahPAC to send a financial contribution to your campaign."
Fischer thanked Palin for the nomination, saying, "I greatly admire their willingness to stand on conservative principle and their resolve in standing up to the political establishment," according to the Lincoln Journal Star.

Fischer is facing Attorney General Jon Bruning and State Treasurer Don Stenberg in the May 15 Nebraska Republican primary. The winner will likely face former Gov. Bob Kerrey (D) in the race to replace retiring Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.).
Fischer is lagging in poll numbers and campaign cash. Her first television ad, launched last month, portrays her as a staunch fiscal and social conservative.