Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slogan for TeaParty07 ?

Slogan for TeaParty07 ?

Here are my ideas:

An ocean of tea can set us free!
    The dumping of tea that set us free!
    Tea Time ending Tyranny!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I own ournewteaparty.com and the slogan I will be using is:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

The party has just begun.
    Checkout Ron Paul's legislation, write your representatives and spread the word!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legisla...ed_by_Ron_Paul

Lord of the Rings and Liberty: http://www.lewrockwell.com/carson/carson10.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richandler View Post
    I like it!

"The party has just begun."

I like that.

No taxation without representation! !!!!

The POLL here, grabbed from Dailypaul.com

http://www.pollburner.com/takePoll.php?id=6faf203295a8

What would the media say about the two frontrunners in this poll?

- The two front runners:

No taxation for global occupation!
    = What the hell, global occupation?

No taxation without representation!
    = No representation? - CONGRESS is not representing the people of America? 70% want out of Iraq? - And they keep funding it? Thats bull$#@!! Yea no taxation without representation!

Please go vote. Cheers. Edit: Not my poll or anything, I just don't want that global occupation one to win. They all need work imo.
    Last edited by Conza88; 11-07-2007 at 07:07 AM.

We can't expect the same 38,000 people to keep donating we need more support. Hit the pavement with your Slim Jims and hand them out to everyone that will take one. They only cost $5 for 100. Focus on older people they vote at a higher percentage than any other group.

Quote Originally Posted by Richandler View Post

This sounds VERY catchy!!!

Use it!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The party has just begun. Simple, yet catchy.
    Last edited by NinjaPirate; 11-07-2007 at 08:03 AM.

Can I just add...I think this is really stupid actually. It's not a bar mitzvah or wedding or some big party somewhere. Catchy or not, it is not fitting. I personally think some sort of slogan is unnecessary and can be dealt with once we get the site up and running, but nevertheless if we have some sort of slogan it should not evoke, whether intentional or not, an image of partying.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Adam0980 View Post
    Can I just add...I think this is really stupid actually. It's not a bar mitzvah or wedding or some big party somewhere. Catchy or not, it is not fitting. I personally think some sort of slogan is unnecessary and can be dealt with once we get the site up and running, but nevertheless if we have some sort of slogan it should not evoke, whether intentional or not, an image of partying.
    Huh? I was not even thinking of "partying" when I read the quote. I was thinking more in line as a group- beginning to celebrate our victory over the establishement.

Bar Mitzvah, wedding, some big party, partying?- WHAT?! Where on earth did you come up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post
    Huh? I was not even thinking of "partying" when I read the quote. I was thinking more in line as a group- beginning to celebrate our victory over the establishement.

Bar Mitzvah, wedding, some big party, partying?- WHAT?! Where on earth did you come up with that?
    I'm a bit baffled, too. I didn't have Jager bombs, and shotgunning beers in mind...

I was thinking of party as in political party. It's actually a pretty clever play on words.

"Remember, remember the 16th of December..."

We have been totally fucked by the machine

No Taxation For Global Occupation.

That message would be sent loud and clear when the Media interviews us.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight77 View Post
    No Taxation For Global Occupation.

That message would be sent loud and clear when the Media interviews us.
    Ooo, I like.

I love "The Party Has Just Began." That one is much, much better than anything I thought of lol. When someone makes a good site for this they should use that as a slogan.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post

People here may not go that route, but I guarantee you the average person will definitely see that phrase and think exactly what I thought. You even say why what I am saying will happen. You said you were thinking more in line with "beginning to celebrate." A celebration is exactly what a party is. So you provide your own answer actually. Anyway, I am telling you. This slogan will be very confusing. And it sounds to joyful, which is not what we want. We want something sincere and arousing.

People here may not go that route, but I guarantee you the average person will definitely see that phrase and think exactly what I thought. You even say why what I am saying will happen. You said you were thinking more in line with "beginning to celebrate." A celebration is exactly what a party is. So you provide your own answer actually. Anyway, I am telling you. This slogan will be very confusing. And it sounds to joyful, which is not what we want. We want something sincere and arousing.
    I see what you're saying, but I'm not seeing you eye-to-eye on this.

Suggestions?

Simple. "Give me liberty or give me death."

(score some brownie points with NH crowd...)

I disagree with your notion.

I think the slogan is just that- sincere and arousing.

Moreover, people will see that this comemorates the Boston Tea Party. I doubt they are that stupid.

You are right in one respect, people will interpret it the way they want to. We have a diverse country. I seriously doubt it will have this negative effect like "partying".

FYI, a celebration is not necessarily a party. And are party is not necessarily a celebration.

"the party has just begun" -I think it works at all levels because it can be interpreted on so many different ways.

I like Give me liberty or give me death the best. Its a classic, why not go with it?

And I see what you're saying about the other idea, and you're probably right. So I say we use "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" the most. It will also strengthen the BTP theme a lot, which will make it more similar to Nov.5th since it had a very strong theme, in fact almost too strong lol.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it should be a tax thing. I'll go with the "no taxation for global occupation". It actually makes you stop and think. The "party has just begun" sounds like you're promoting something else, I'm not sure what. But definitely not a liberty and freedom revolution.
    Support the Troops. End the War.

I like "No taxation for global occupation."

Couple of quick things...

I am not making a judgment about people's intelligence. It is about connections. The average person will most likely see something that says the party is just beginning as a kickoff to some celebration. That has nothing to do with intelligence. It's just custom. Most people will initially think of a gathering and not some organization (meaning a political party). And I wasn't suggesting whether it will have positive or negative effect. I am only saying it simply doesn't work because of the easy possibility of most people initially thinking of a big party.

As for Patrick Henry's saying, I think that may just not connect well with the BTP. It was more about taxation wasn't it. The sentiment of liberty or death wasn't really paramount at the BTP. In fact, I agree with what someone said above about this phrase being too powerful. That's why it might not be good. We don't want to diminish the actual sentiment of the BTP. However, I agree it's probably something to at least consider.

I personally fell something about taxation will connect better with everyone. However, no Taxation for global occupation to me doesn't ring as well as it's inspiration. I feel this is on the right track but maybe we can do better.

NO TAXATION FOR FOREIGN OCCUPATION
    Ninth Amendment:
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewise View Post
    NO TAXATION FOR FOREIGN OCCUPATION

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarris View Post
    "The party has just begun."

I like that.
    I have the PERFECT song to accompany that slogan. It's Freestyle's "The Party Has Just Begun"... you can hear it by going to this website:

http://www.knoxvillepartybus.com - the mp3 loads with the home page.

---and, yes, it's one of the sites that I designed but I'm not trying to push that, just the song. The song streams from the home page but, if you don't want to visit the site, you can hear the song here:

http://www.knoxvillepartybus.com/Sou...sJustBegun.mp3

..you just have to wait for it to download before it will start playing there.
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast